• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A team that has PROVED its greatness

ss118

Smash Master
It got me to 7th on shoddy. So have fun.

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers
Poison Point: Relaxed
252 HP, 216 Defense, 40 Sp. Defense
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Toxic Spikes
Fire Blast
I will admit that I underestimated the effectiveness of this set. However, it has proved to be an invaluable asset to the team. It just all works so perfectly. Toxic Spikes are the main point of the set, and everything sets to cover it perfectly. Earthquake nails the grounded poisons trying to remove them. If your opponent takes to the sky, Stealth Rock. If your opponent doesn't care about any of the previous three, then most likely it is vulnerable to Fire Blast.

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Snow Warning: Hasty
48 Attack, 216 Speed, 84 Sp. Attack, 160 Sp. Defense
Blizzard
Substitute
Leech Seed
Focus Punch
Starts up hail for the team. This negates opponent's leftovers and makes things like Raikou much harder to use against me. The set aims to annoy opponents by setting up subs and safely Leech Seed behind them. Blizzard hits every grass type immune to this strategy while also 2HKOing Skarmory. Focus Punch is nice to take Special Walls by surprise, such as Blissey, Snorlax, and Empoleon.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Pressure: Calm
252 HP, 60 Defense, 196 Sp. Defense
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power [Fighting]
Rest
Sleep Talk
Real standard Rapid Spin blocker. Pressure also aids to help in stalling out opponents such as Zapdos. The EVs are optimized to take hits from common spinners, Gengar, and MixMence.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sturdy: Bold
252 HP, 96 Defense, 160 Sp. Defense
Zap Cannon
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Light Screen
Spiker and Rapid Spinner for the team. Light Screen helps to take the plethora of special hits out there. This is especially important with Blissey dropping in usage. People will probably pick up on it and start using more special attackers to take advantage. This helps to lure them out and set up on them. Zap Cannon is not so much as to paralyze opponents as to stop SE Gyarados from running through me.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Intimidate: Careful
224 HP, 68 Speed, 216 Sp. Defense
Earthquake
Toxic
Roost
Wish
Yes, a special walling Salamence. Not to mention that it also has both Wish and Roost. This helps to stall out PP from Ice Beam, as you survive a 269 Ice Beam at 89% or more and you gain small portions of HP while Roosting. Wish helps to give HP to Nidoqueen and Forretress who lack a recovery move. Toxic is needed to stop Zapdos, who poses quite a problem to this team(Metal Sound in particular). Earthquake was using over Dragon Claw or Flamethrower because I needed to hit both Infernape and Lucario. It also stops steels who are immune to Toxic Spikes on the ground(Bronzong + Skarmory can go die in a ditch).

Walrein @ Leftovers
Ice Body: Bold
224 HP, 228 Defense, 56 Speed
Blizzard
Protect
Substitute
Roar
The masterpiece to the team! He got me to seventh on the smogon ladder in two hours. You should really know how this works: 417 HP allows me to indefinitely stall with Sub+Protect thanks to Ice Body. The extra HP gives me one more chance to set up a sub or come into SR. The speed given hits 180, which is very useful in outspeeding Skarmory and Swampert trying to phaze me. Blizzard was chosen over Surf because most of the team can take Tyranitar anyway and I have problems with Garchomp and Gyarados that are more pressing.

How it ties together
Basically, I just try to set up Toxic Spikes and other entry hazards until Walrein gets a safe switch-in. Then it trys to stall the opponent out. Nidoqueen and Forretress can remove Toxic Spikes that would negate this strategy while also setting up spikes of their own. Nidoqueen further helps by stopping Lucario and Heracross, both of which can OHKO Walrein with Close Combat. Forretress can keep SR clear and helps to get Walrein in on mediocre sp. Attackers with Light Screen. Salamence can provide switch-ins with Wish and EQing Steels and Poison types. It can also Toxic Flying types that would otherwise be very problematic. Abomasnow keeps the hail on the field and can go for an end-game cleanup after Walreins done all it can do. Spiritomb stops Rapid Spinners who try to ruin my whole strategy.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I like the team, but IMO if this was competitive it would be cheap to use spiritomb since it has no weakness, but other than that it's greeat.

-k0Mbo

Smash Cadet
I like the team, but IMO if this was competitive it would be cheap to use spiritomb since it has no weakness, but other than that it's greeat.
Umm... just because Spiritomb doesn't have any weaknesses, doesn't mean he is godly...

-----

Solid team. But it seems that your team has an awful lot of SR weaknesses. Abomasnow Salamence Walrein.

But overall solid team.

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
It got me to 7th on shoddy. So have fun.
Walrein @ Leftovers
Ice Body: Bold
224 HP, 228 Defense, 56 Speed
Blizzard
Protect
Substitute
Roar
The masterpiece to the team! He got me to seventh on the smogon ladder in two hours. You should really know how this works: 417 HP allows me to indefinitely stall with Sub+Protect thanks to Ice Body. The extra HP gives me one more chance to set up a sub or come into SR. The speed given hits 180, which is very useful in outspeeding Skarmory and Swampert trying to phaze me. Blizzard was chosen over Surf because most of the team can take Tyranitar anyway and I have problems with Garchomp and Gyarados that are more pressing.
A Stallrein got you to 7th in 2 hours? Thats the fastest stalling I've ever heard of. And I LOVE using Stallrein.

I'm wondering how this team operates against Dugtrios. I played a game where my opponent lured out something I intended to use as a counter, only to have him instantly swap to a Dugtrio and **** my "counter." It was brilliant, and since then, I've used it a couple times. Not the hardest thing to do, especially when there are so many things Dugtrio could take out if the target has been freshly swapped. Like in this team. SE on Walrein (turn after protect), SE on Abomasnow (which takes out your weather control), or EQ on Nidoqueen. And those happen to be the most essential members of this team.

I guess it has proven itself if it got you to 7th (congratulations on that btw). It's a good team, but I really have to agree with JesiahTEG. This team makes for an unbearably tedious match. But I guess it would be pretty funny from your end of the fight.

Oh, one more thing. I seem to recall you liking a certain Aerodactyl starter with Taunt, SR, and EQ...something to that effect. Well, I think that kind of starter ***** the one on this team and throws off your whole groove here. Just a thought.

ss118

Smash Master
IIRC, the server had just started so it was quite easy to reach the top. ;P

Nidoqueen can take an EQ and ko back with its own EQ. SE barely scratches Walrein, who can Blizzard or even set up a sub(including coming into SR). However, multiple times I've seen Dugtrio take out my abomasnow and bring T-Tar back in to remove hail. This is annoying, but exactly why this isn't a full-blown hail team. I've always been able to cope.

Top Bottom