• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A surprise infernape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight_Galaxy

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if you guys all thought my infernape was surprising and effective:

LV.84 (debating whether or not to EV train) - Life Orb
- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat

im not sure if this is a common infernape or not but ive never seen it and i have stumped all my classmates every time i use him even beating their lvl.100's. The only problem is countering psychic and im not sure what move i could use. Other than that infernape is a solid member of my team.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
its not, to me, surprising. except grass not. grass type move learned by a fire/fighting type. but its not all surprising.

effective, maybe. i don't know. depending on who you're fighting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's a basic Nasty plot mixape without the proper EV training...

...IF it's level 84 it probably already has EV's in it, unless you used rare candies it's whole training.

Yes, it's common

Edit: Wait, you didn't even put it's nature...

BTW, you this room isn't for what you just posted

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I was wondering if you guys all thought my infernape was surprising and effective:

LV.84 (debating whether or not to EV train) - Life Orb
- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot <<Good choice
- Flamethrower <<If you don't mind sacrificing AC, then get Fire Blast, otherwise, good STAB
- Close Combat <<Great STAB

im not sure if this is a common infernape or not but ive never seen it and i have stumped all my classmates every time i use him even beating their lvl.100's. The only problem is countering psychic and im not sure what move i could use. Other than that infernape is a solid member of my team.
I would recommend making this Infernape a mixed sweeper, and replace Nasty Plot with Stone Edge or Earthquake. If you could also list its nature, that would be great, too. Keep the Life Orb as well.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Why would you NOT EV train?

Also, that's an extremely common Mixape you have up there, grass knot is often switched with HP Ice however because Mixape is otherwise completely walled by Salamence. Grass Knot is still a superior choice IMO though because it lets you rip apart Hippowdon without having to already have a +2 boost on your side.

Twilight_Galaxy

Smash Cadet
At PsychoIncanate: i made sure that i didnt battle anywhere any ev training spots and im pretty sure that there is a way to get rid of gained ev's i just forget how.

At Pink Reaper: i dont really want to put in the hours of ev training for a bunch of kids aroundmy school who have no idea what ev training is. I wouldnt want to **** them that badly i would just want a good fair challenge

about the nature, im sorry i forgot what it was although i remember it suited infernape fairly well.

and I made a mistake, what I really meant to ask is if this would be an effective/surprising first infernape because most leads have that move u-turn or the one that makes them flinch and always goes first.

Thanks Blaziking for the advice i might look into it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At PsychoIncanate: i made sure that i didnt battle anywhere any ev training spots and im pretty sure that there is a way to get rid of gained ev's i just forget how.

At Pink Reaper: i dont really want to put in the hours of ev training for a bunch of kids aroundmy school who have no idea what ev training is. I wouldnt want to **** them that badly i would just want a good fair challenge

about the nature, im sorry i forgot what it was although i remember it suited infernape fairly well.

and I made a mistake, what I really meant to ask is if this would be an effective/surprising first infernape because most leads have that move u-turn or the one that makes them flinch and always goes first.

Thanks Blaziking for the advice i might look into it.
ANY enemy you battle and gain EXP From gives you EV's.

There is a way to get rid of EV's though. True.

Twilight_Galaxy

Smash Cadet
oh lol thanks for the clearification because ive read about EV's several times and still didnt quite understand the properties. So you get ev's all the time but there are some spots where you only gain specific ev's right?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You gain EV's any time you gain experience from defeating a pokemon. This means that if a pokemon is used during a battle and switched out they still gain EV's. Every pokemon gives a certain set number of EV's in a certain stat. Bidoof gives 1 in HP, Shinx gives 1 in attack, etc etc. By now im sure your infernape already has the maximum 510 EV's, but there are berries you can give it to lower them back down to 0.

D

Deleted member

my infernape is betterer. I have explosion on all 4 slots.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Because you fused two words together into one coherent word that really should be a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom