• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A-stick/C-stick to tilts?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I have a problem in that whenever I try to dair offstage for a gimp/shine combo thingy I always accidentally fastfall because of the stupid computer auto-fastfalling the dair. Setting the tilts should solve that problem, and it does, but is it really worth losing the c-stick smashes for a non-fastfalled dair? What do you guys think about A-sticking with Fox? Is it worth it, or should I just learn to lightly press down for the dair?

~Switch

Smash Rookie
Dude, smashes for c stick lets you aerial with the c-stick. Also, why would you be dairing off stage with fox, it doesn't spike.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Dude, smashes for c stick lets you aerial with the c-stick. Also, why would you be dairing off stage with fox, it doesn't spike.
Actually, it does spike. It's not as powerful as most spikes, but it's noticeable and I've noticed from the few times I do get it right that it can still mess people up badly. Tilts also allow aerials, too. D:

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
I use C-stick for smashes. You can get aroundt eh auto-fastfall by either dairing with the stick before you start falling (jump -> downC), or getting used to carefully tilting your dairs.

But yeah... they did a kinda sloppy job with the control scheme in brawl.

~Switch

Smash Rookie
No, but what I was saying is you don't need to tilt stick, smash stick still does aerials.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
No, but what I was saying is you don't need to tilt stick, smash stick still does aerials.
But if you dair after the peak of your jump you auto-fastfall... and that's stupid.

:confused:are you crazy the controls are good as they are:confused:
auto-fastfall, tapjump frequently wasting your 2nd jump even if you don't push up all the way (and not being able to do upB off the ground in some cases when tapjump is off), and the absolute worst: you can't reliably do a quick tilt, because if you tilt too fast you smash. If your character is free to take action, but you're forced to make a slow tilt instead of an immediate one, which will make you smash, you have wasted about 1/4 or 1/2 of a second, which is huge in smash.

Top Bottom