• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
disrespecting sakurai is a one-way ticket to the shadow realm

None, only the Tickington quests make other references to other DQ games, and even then that's an exclusive to the Nintendo variants of the game.
Give HIS series to someone else. Thats like I take your pet and give it to someone else because I think that person would take care of it better
He doesn't want to work on it anymore. So it's not HIS series anymore. He's already given the puppy back to the shelter. It's time to find it a new loving home home will keep it for more than a year. He doesn't get to claim a series for all eternity if he doesn't want to keep working on new installments.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He doesn't want to work on it anymore. So it's not HIS series anymore. He's already given the puppy back to the shelter.
That's like making a Mother 4 even though Itoi said the Mother series was finished. There doesn't have to be another Kid Icarus game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
He doesn't want to work on it anymore. So it's not HIS series anymore. He's already given the puppy back to the shelter. It's time to find it a new loving home home will keep it for more than a year. He doesn't get to claim a series for all eternity if he doesn't want to keep working on new installments.
It still is his series, you just sound petty. Unless he gives it up, it stays his

D

Deleted member

Snake, what have you done this time :073:

assuming my memory is correct, Sakurai is the one who currently has near-full control of any hypothetical future games. Saying “just give it to someone else” is delusional at best.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Kirby is also Sakurai's baby, yet that didn't stop Nintendo from passing the reins over to someone else.

Besides, Sakurai didn't create the Kid Icarus series so if Nintendo wanted to make a sequel to Uprising, I don't really think they need his permission to do so.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Not relevant to anything being discussed but I just love how lazy the cutscenes are when you play as Jeanne in Bayo 2. They don't really even adjust them so in parts where Jeanne and Bayo are together there are just two Jeannes lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It still is his series, you just sound petty. Unless he gives it up, it stays his
That's my point. He HAS already given it up. It's in Nintendo's best interest to fully utilize ALL of their IPs.
That's like making a Mother 4 even though Itoi said the Mother series was finished. There doesn't have to be another Kid Icarus game.
Wow that was a huge 180.

Smashboards: Kid Icarus Uprising NEEDS a sequel.
Snake: Nintendo should give the series to someone else.
Smashboards: There doesn't have to be a new Kid Icarus game.

Please. Be consistent. Do you want a new Kid Icarus or don't you.

Also, no series is ever finished. If a group of dedicated fans who know the original inside and out put together a steady pitch for EarthBound 3, then I say let them make it. No one creator gets a permanent claim to any series in any medium. Once they stop working on it, it's left to the public to do what they want with it.

And yes, I hold the same views about the things I want to create as well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

You ask me that like I hold the opinions of everyone in here.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Just to say. Whom ever owns the ip can make whatever they want with it. Did we really need a toy story 4? Or megaman x6-x8? Or metal gear survive?

Point is, companies can do what they want.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just to say. Whom ever owns the ip can make whatever they want with it. Did we really need a toy story 4? Or megaman x6-x8? Or metal gear survive?

They can do what they want but not every company is similar, and we're talking about Nintendo. They literally would've just rereleased Melee if Sakurai never worked on Brawl. They clearly honor the creators behind the games.

As much as I want an F-Zero it's Miyamoto behind the wheel apparently, and he's out of car gimmick ideas unless he passes the torch.

D

Deleted member

Ditto here.

That's my point. He HAS already given it up. It's in Nintendo's best interest to fully utilize ALL of their IPs.

Wow that was a huge 180.

Also, no series is ever finished. If a group of dedicated fans who know the original inside and out put together a steady pitch for EarthBound 3, then I say let them make it. No one creator gets a permanent claim to any series in any medium. Once they stop working on it, it's left to the public to do what they want with it.

jesus ****ing Christ, this is a repeat of “Nintendo bad” isn’t it.
Like Snake, just because a game hasn’t gotten a sequel doesn’t mean it needs one.

chillax for a moment, will ya?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
They can do what they want but not every company is similar, and we're talking about Nintendo. They literally would've just rereleased Melee if Sakurai never worked on Brawl. They clearly honor the creators behind the games.

As much as I want an F-Zero it's Miyamoto behind the wheel apparently, and he's out of car gimmick ideas unless he passes the torch.
I look to the mobile Nintendo games as proof of this not mattering. Leadership changes. We see that with the Nintendo mobile effort. They will make a new game when they see it as a means of making money.

Kid icuras received a new game because sakurai had interest. If another big nintendo name shows interest in a dead ip, you bet they will make it. No matter the original creators intent.

Also. Donkey kong country. Not rare making the new ones.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

That's not how copyrights work.

D

Deleted member

"Oh the thread is inching towards lukewarm water. Better get outta here."
If a fire starts spreading, gotta throw water on it!

but in this case, my “water” is just leaving because I don’t wanna fuel the fire more.

D

Deleted member

No one? Ok, I guess...

No, and I say that as a big Earthbound fan. Earthbound, as it is right now, is a pretty satisfying trilogy with both main threats dead (or "dead" in Porky's case). Earthbound was Itoi's creation and he managed to tell the story he wanted, it doesn't need to be ruined by a sequel just for sequel's sake. Make a new IP if you want an EB like game, but respect the artist's wish for it to be completed.

I mean, it's not much different than what happened with Spongebob after Hillenberg died. He was strictly against spinoffs with a young Spongebob and fans were less than thrilled when Camp Coral was announced, due to going against what he wanted (the timing didn't help either). The only difference between Itoi and Hillenberg here is that one can fight against it, the other not. But in both cases it's about taking the IP away from their creators and going against their wishes.

D

Deleted member

some of y'all haven't been around for the absurd grinch arguments with ~200 guests watching your every move and it really shows

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I find it funny how both of you use more or less are using the same avatar.

anyway, yeah I’m bouncing too, mainly don’t wanna debate for hours like I did last time Snake started a fire.
We actually have a few more people playing along with the avatar joke.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not sure if Uprising should get a sequel for sure, but I don't think Mother/Earthbound is in dying need of one. It's a pretty niche series with a unique sense of style & storytelling, which would need aloooot of marketing & possible change to the style of it to sell well. Because yeah, it would need sell well to get approval, company ain't going to make game just because they can, they're a business at the end of the day, and if the company & creator agree it's not worth it, then so be it, for the time at least.

That, and the Mother storyline is pretty much concluded, so might aswell make a new series that take influence from Earthbound, so that the devs wouldn't have to fear the expectation a sequel of Mother would have from the fandom. Plus they can have more freedom to do new cool stuff, so it's win-win for almost everyone

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow that was a huge 180.

almost as if there are multiple people with multiple different viewpoints engaging in this conversation
really makes you think

D

Deleted member

Why is it that I can never share my opinions without people deciding that "things are getting heated, time to leave!"?
I mean, everytime this happens, it’s always an unpopular opinion.

“Nintendo is a corporate shill who needs to stop making games!”
I can bet that barely anyone else shares that opinion(well, maybe a few, but not here, that’s for sure.)

And now “Nintendo needs to always make more sequels to older games, despite the devs wishes!”

I can see your point here, but that kinda opinion(or at least, if I’m reading it right) is super unpopular, and a bit radical, if you ask me.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

y'all are really desperate for that fighter 5 aren't you?
I woke up in a cold sweat and broke down into tears last night from the lack of Smash information at the Game Awards. Can't believe that rotten ******* Samurai wants us all to suffer like this.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Realistically speaking what's left for a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel?

What Greek mythos is left to explore? Achilles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom