• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A small introduction :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey temp debaters,

The Proving Grounds was created to stimulate the Debate Hall, and by the looks of it, it's going swimmingly. Recently, some debate hall veterans (RDK, junglefever6478, Aesir, and myself) were added here to get some balls rolling and deliver some constructive feedback. Don't get me wrong - we're not perfect debaters. In fact, I'm sure there's tons to be learned from you guys, so please feel free to tell us off! In fact, we're all a little kinky like that. Tell us we're bad, tell us we're wrong. It'll rile us and it'll be a good time.

In essence, this is a small introduction. We're gonna be posting here and there, and hopefully it'll be a learning experience for all of us.

Happy debating!

-Del, and I'm sure everyone else I mentioned. :)

Aorist

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking forward to this. It'd be nice to debate some veterans.

Except about economic stuff. I know next to nothing about that :(

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm looking forward to this. It'd be nice to debate some veterans.

Except about economic stuff. I know next to nothing about that :(
Same here! I could always learn from the current best.

But, I'm a little confused on how this works. Do we post our replies to a thread and you look over them or something?

.Marik

is a social misfit
But, I'm a little confused on how this works. Do we post our replies to a thread and you look over them or something?
Well, I'm assuming he meant that they challenge mediocre posts, and they adds their input to various threads around the Proving Grounds to see how we'll respond.

RDK

Smash Hero
NO SIGNATURE NEWBIE!

:mad: perfect timing, btw!
I was surprised after making my first post in here that PG mods still had the option of posting with sigs.

Needless to say I nearly **** myself in terror when I thought of what you would do to me if I didn't remove it.

Same here! I could always learn from the current best.

Basically we're just here to help stimulate the discussion, keep threads on track, give you tips, etc.

Ever see Pinnochio? We're kind of like little Jiminy Crickets standing on your shoulders at all times. Except instead of tiny umbrellas, we have billy clubs.

M.K

Level 55
I was surprised after making my first post in here that PG mods still had the option of posting with sigs.

Needless to say I nearly **** myself in terror when I thought of what you would do to me if I didn't remove it.

Basically we're just here to help stimulate the discussion, keep threads on track, give you tips, etc.

Ever see Pinnochio? We're kind of like little Jiminy Crickets standing on your shoulders at all times. Except instead of tiny umbrellas, we have billy clubs.
Haha, I've noticed when you tore my post into little tiny bits of nothingness :teeth:

cF=)

Smash Lord
Just realized I've been given posting rights here, so let me wish you guys the best of luck in our future debates!

RDK

Smash Hero
To the noobies:

If you guys haven't already seen our recommendations in the general PG discussion thread, then it might interest you to know that we already have some of you in mind for when nomination time rolls around.

If you haven't already tried to prove yourself via discussion, then now's the time to step that **** up and start debating.

Aorist

Smash Apprentice
Huh. Didn't actually know about that thread. Curse my comprehension incompetence. I did apologise it for a little while ago, though.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So I'm being considered? :)
I'm thankful for the nominations, I apoligize for being inactive lately. I'll do my best to make sure you guys made the right decision, I still want to be eligible. The Debate Hall seems inactive and I'd like for us to revive it.

It's great to have you guys here, keep it up.

Cheapless Jared

Smash Apprentice
So I'm being considered? :)
I'm thankful for the nominations, I apoligize for being inactive lately. I'll do my best to make sure you guys made the right decision, I still want to be eligible. The Debate Hall seems inactive and I'd like for us to revive it.

It's great to have you guys here, keep it up.
It's very understandable of anyone being inactive for a little while. No one (I think) stays on here 24/7. I hope.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom