• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A simple solution to voice chat

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
While the Wii is hooked up and playing Brawl online with your friends, if you both own a 360, you can just talk from the dashboard using its headset without hooking it up to the TV. Provided of course both/all players own an Xbox 360 and a headset(s).

But most people who really want voice chat probably have a 360. I don't really wanna go through the trouble, because I don't really need to talk and fight, even though I'd require one in a shooter.

might work on a PS3 too, I'm not sure

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Or you know... THE DS.

Most people who own a wii own a DS. With that logic they have to have online to have a use for voice chat in brawl anyway, and with that we can pinpoint that maybe they had a wifi connection game for the wii.

If that game has voicechat, and the person they are trying to play with has a ds and that game. You can buy a headset (or not) and pretty much stay connected to the chatter all throughout your wifi radius.

Yeah...

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
While the Wii is hooked up and playing Brawl online with your friends, if you both own a 360, you can just talk from the dashboard using its headset without hooking it up to the TV. Provided of course both/all players own an Xbox 360 and a headset(s).

But most people who really want voice chat probably have a 360. I don't really wanna go through the trouble, because I don't really need to talk and fight, even though I'd require one in a shooter.

might work on a PS3 too, I'm not sure
That's another good reason to buy an Xbox 360...voice chat AND a paper weight! :laugh:

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to get numbers and only chat after 9 and on weekends (free minutes ftw!) with my phone's headset. Computer is on a different house level, no other systems. I'm screwed when it comes to chatting for brawl.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
one reason I dont like the Xbox is that you have to pay to play online (it sounds like a scam to me...but oh well)...might as well use messenger or the phone...

Weed

Smash Lord
skype or ventrilo or teamspeak or xfire or anything, it really isnt a huge problem if we can set up a running server for smash somehow

COLDshiver

Smash Cadet
I plan on using Vent with my bluetooth headset. This way, no wires and I don't have to be next to my computer (just within 100 feet cuz of my bluetooth dongle). Best and easiest way. (And Skype or Yim or TS or any other voice chat will work too.)

jm smasher

Smash Rookie
because god forbid anyone use that relic... oh what was it called... the phone ?! XD
but seriously
nintendo needs to get on top of the chat thing
stupid little taunts just arent gonna cut it

Mudokon Man

Smash Rookie
It'll never happen because the Wii doesn't have the right tools to talk online Nintendo has said numerous time.
Do you have the place where this is cited? I am just confused as to why Nintendo would be unable to implement this using USB port or Bluetooth and a System Update.

Top Bottom