• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A shot at a team

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
So far I have been doing well in the casual server. I haven't really tried it out on Smogon though.

Ninjask
Jolly-speed boost-Focus Sash
EVS 176 HP, 252 attack, 82 speed

Moves
Baton Pass
X scissor
Sword Dance
Protect

Tryannitar
Adamant-Sand Stream-Choice band
EVS 176 hp 250 attack 80 speed

Moves
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit

Metagross
Jolly-Clear Body-Choice Scarf
EVS 28 hp 252 attack 228 speed

Moves
Earthquake
Thunder punch
Meteor Mash
Explosion

Salamence
Naughty-Intimidate-life orb
EVS 232 attack 252 speed 24 special attack

Moves
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Draco Meteor
Earthquake

Starmie
Timid-Natural Cure-leftovers
EVS 136 HP 156 defense 218 speed

Moves
Surf
Rapid Spin
recover
thunderbolt

Porygon Z
-Timid-adaptability-silk scarf
EVS 4 defense 252 speed 252 special attack

Moves
Tri attack
Dark pulse
Nasty plot
Hidden power fighting

My hopes is to have ninjask use a sword dance and then baton pass to one of my choice banders in hopes to sweep the opposing team.

c3gill

Smash Ace
So far I have been doing well in the casual server. I haven't really tried it out on Smogon though.

Ninjask

Moves
Baton Pass
X scissor
Sword Dance
Protect

The reason most leads run taunt: your screwed. Substitute over Protect, Sub protects you for 3 turns and gives an opportunity to Dance, Protect + Focus Sash can mean your only surviving 2 turns (Sandstorm or Hail)- take Substitute and Leftovers

Tryannitar

Moves
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit

Typical, thats ok

Metagross

Moves
Earthquake
Thunder punch
Meteor Mash
Explosion

Agility Gross is probably a better bet- but this one isnt bad.

Salamence

Moves
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Draco Meteor
Earthquake

Why Dance and 2 Dragon type moves? your losing coverage- either mixmence without DD or DDmence without Meteor. I like DD with Claw over Outrage and Stone Edge over Meteor, as this set doesnt lock you in, but still gives power

Starmie

Moves
Surf
Rapid Spin
recover
thunderbolt

Whats with the EVs? was this set taken directly off smogon, or what?

Porygon Z

Moves
Tri attack
Dark pulse
Nasty plot
Hidden power fighting

Too many pokemon laugh at this set- give it a different kind of scarf and ice beam. why 4 EVs in defense?

My hopes is to have ninjask use a sword dance and then baton pass to one of my choice banders in hopes to sweep the opposing team.

I see almost no creativity, and when you did use some you killed your set-Salamence. Try your team out in the competitive scene- youll see how this somewhat generic team gets rocked- its just too predictable. and why are you running Ttar when your team doesnt like the SS damage?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I like how you have Swords Dance on Ninjask and have literally nothing to pass it to. Passing and SD to a choice bander only works in late game. Since you can only choose one move it helps to know your opponents entire team before you attempt something so crazy. Doesn't work straight out of the gate and makes your ninjask mostly useless.

c3gill, you have some advice I kind of consider wrong though.

Protect > Taunt, and there aren't many things that can hope to out speed Ninjask (I suggest moving 16 EV's into speed to outs speed standard Trick Jirachi) In fact, the advice I would give for Ninjask is to go with Sub/SD/Protect/BP and ignore attacking completely. Sub protects from tricking, Protect protects(obviously) against taunt and Focus Sash guarantees at least one SD. Granted, since you still have nothing to pass too, I don't see how useful that will be. This way you can also run max speed so you'll never have to worry about getting out sped by anything ever.

Draco Meteor is fine on Salamence however, it gives it the ability to take out Hippowdon who can otherwise wall a +1 Outrage. c3gill's idea of Stone Edge/EQ/Dragon Claw leaves you walled 100 by Hippo and Swampert.

Porygon-Z is fine as he has a speed passer on his team. Silk Scarf is a good item as, assuming he passes it speed, it may take a hit meaning it can't risk Life Orb damage. Expert Belt may be a better choice just for the Super Effective hits on Dark Pulse and HP Fighting since you're already getting double STAB bonus on Tri Attack.

My advice: Drop the choice items. You have two amazing physical sweepers who would LOVE getting passed some speed and maybe an SD. Drop Pursuit on TTar and put Aqua Tail and a Life Orb. With that combination if you manage to pass it an SD it will be able to beat just about everything in the game(76% chance to 1HKO Hippowdon :D) Well, everything except Scizor ._.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I pretty much agree with c3.

Just some common pokemon you might want to watch out for: Mixape, swampert, scizor

You might want to add some better coverage for these 3; you have too much overlapping coverage and not enough diversity. I would suggest switching porygon-z for something with better coverage- perhaps mixape?

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman

Ninjask

Moves
Baton Pass
X scissor
Sword Dance
Protect

You should change out x scissors for sub, if you protect, sub, protect, sub, protect, that is already 5 speed boosts. You should use this for maybe metagross, tyranitar and get rid of their speed evs and items that boost speed for this set.

Tryannitar

Moves
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit

Like i said, you should giveup your speed ev's for attack and put the rest in hp,
You should also switch out pursuit with fire punch or something to hit breloom

Metagross

Moves
Earthquake
Thunder punch
Meteor Mash
Explosion

If you go with my set for baton pass you should get rid of scarf for something like leftovers, you should also take out speed ev's for hp.

Salamence

Moves
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Draco Meteor
Earthquake

Take out draco met for shadow claw to hit ghosts with levitate

Starmie

Moves
Surf
Rapid Spin
recover
thunderbolt

Fine

Porygon Z

Moves
Tri attack
Dark pulse
Nasty plot
Hidden power fighting

Fine

Your team should be fine

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Alright so would grass knot on Metagross be able to take out Swampert and hippodown?
Would Ice punch on Tryannitar work to add more type coverage?

What item should Ninjask hold if he is doing sub protect?

Would adding trick and a choice item, make it easier for poryon to set up?
What if I replaced Dark pulse with signal beam?

I see what you all are saying about being too predictable and choice items not working for early match. Any other suggestions?

Top Bottom