• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Pokémon Trainer-Esque Character?

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
There's no doubt that Pokémon Trainer is made of awesome as he's made even Pokémon-haters nod their heads in a sign of uttermost respect but just how far does his potential stretch?

We have this Pokémon Trainer: Squirtle / Ivysaur / Charizard set-up but how about even more than that? Let me explain.

I've seen an idea bandied around that Pokémon Trainer could face Lance in the Subspace Emissary who would also have control over three unique Pokémon. Well what if Lance was unlocked once you defeated him like this? We could have another character, exactly the same with three unique movesets!

I'm not entirely sure the idea appeals to me as it might be a bit of overkill for the whole genius Pokémon Trainer set-up but would you like to see it happen?

An alternative could be that Lance for example had Mewtwo as one of his Pokémon and Mewtwo escaped from him once defeated and became unlockable. It's just a thought anyways...

Eagle

Smash Lord
Umm. A very slim chance, but maybe abit better if there was a villain instead of someone in the pokemon league. I don't think Lance is evil. (Except in the Manga where he *****)

Anyways, if someone like Pokemon trainer comes I reckon it will be Geovani with Mewtwo, Rhydon and Khangaskan or Nidoqueen/king and other pokemon.

twerk_face

Smash Rookie
Interesting idea. I highly doubt there will be another trainer as a character, but the bit about the trainer defeating another trainer or gym leader as a boss, and that unlocking one of their Pokemon as a playable character, well, that I think is highly likely.

Anyways, if someone like Pokemon trainer comes I reckon it will be Geovani with Mewtwo, Rhydon and Khangaskan or Nidoqueen/king and other pokemon.
So...Mewtwo as a seperate character, and then Mewtwo again as a part of knock-off character idea for a person who doesn't even canonically own Mewtwo in the games, teamed up with other Pokémon that have the same boring body type? This idea is a real winner...

The Pokémon Trainer should, and will for now, be one-of-a-kind.

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
If there was another one, it'd probibly be just like mario/doc. They'd be different in enough ways to keep them different characters. I wouldn't worry about it, the designers are creative.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
i think this is extremely unlikely but extremely epic if this could happen, if the characters were balanced of course. if anyone, id hope it was geovanni

Shadowball Enthusiast

Smash Cadet
The only thing is the there are never two of the same charaters for the same series fighting eachother, but 2 pokemon Trainer like characters wouldn't be such a bad idea, the would be more differnet than say Mario and Luigi

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
if pokemon needed anymore representation and uniqueness for it, than maybe something like ditto that could completely copy another character with its appearance and moves and everything. except, it would have those dots for eyes, like in that one really old episode of pokemon where the ditto's eyes wont change with the rest of the transformation.

or, what about a pokemon character that wasnt a pokemon!??!!?!?!??! what about bruno, the elite four member of the indigo league that possesses fighting abilities, and even in the tv show hes been seen fighting pokemon using nothing but his own bare hands! if anything, he should be an assist trophy, that way the pokemon series can get representation in assist trophies.

The Director

Smash Lord
Giovani for Brawl.

Taking his uniqueness isn't a problem. Another trainer's PKMN would have completely original movesets. That's three new movesets right there. Kinda crazy, but what's great about it is that it counts as one character.

When PKMN Trainer was announced, I called Prof. Oak for unlockable. That still remains to be seen.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I hope there's a second one and it's Blue and his name his Pokemon Rival and he has Umbreon, Sandslash and another pokemon.

Supervimes

Smash Rookie
Seems to me another trainer character would be unlikely. However, if there was one, I think it would be one of these two:

Gold/Silver trainer with Totodile/Bayleef/Typhlosion (or some other evolutionary combination)

or:

Female trainer (from Ruby/Sapphire) with Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken (or, again, another combination)

Seeing as how these are much, much less recognizable than Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard, though... I don't see it happening. If it does, though, my money is on Female trainer since Sakurai supposedly wants more female characters. Of course, we could go with the female trainer from Pokemon Crystal...

...KRYSTAL CONFIRMED!

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I would say I would want Prof. Oak more than Giovanni in....But Giovanni most likey be the second "Pokémon Trainer-Esque Character"

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
i want giovanni (kanghaskan (heavy), persian(fast) and MEWTWO(balanced)!!!!
or a rocket grunt (arbok (heavy), sandslash (fast), drowsee(balanced))
of course all the pokemans must come rom the first gen!!!

PS: :052: why did he have to go! :(
PS2: I love Team Rocket!!!!

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
the only thing i see happening for pokemon is 5 characters
pikachu
jigglypuff
mewtwo
PKMN trainer
lucario
and thats it theres a lot of pokemon stuff in already another trainer is overkill

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
smashbro, you're pkmn roster is the most probable but you can't stop people from dreamin!!!

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Lance sounds cool, but I think a Gary looking Rival Trainer would be best.
I can't think what pokemon he would use though

That's why I'd rather see a Master - give him three powerful types. Ghost, Dragon, Rock, Ground, Poison, Dark, any of those would be good.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Ash and Gary... AG.... Ambiguously Gay?

If anything it ought to be a professor, I gots respect for that
that or maybe a The fighter from the elite four
-He throws out different fighting pokemon, while he fights himself
--It would be like a capcom vs SNK game where random characters come in to help you out and then leave while you defend yourself......

Epic

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
The only "Trainer-esque" character I can think of is Green (Gary, whatever u wanna call him), and he'd prolly have Rhydon (heavy), Alakazam (fast) and Blastoise (balanced).

flalex05

Smash Rookie
i'd like to see a fighter with an Eon trio. Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon would probably be most recognised though.

as for mewtow being playable, i too would rather see Lucario

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo will never be replaced and Lucario has only been a poster-boy. Nothing more.
Remember, you don't know the facts just yet...

But I will admit, I would hate to see mewtwo leave,
And lucario looks like nothing more then a dog... He doesn't look special...

I know, Steel and Fighting, but he's still justs a dog

Mewtwo is a crazy renagade pokemon, that is awesome!

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
i'd like to see a fighter with an Eon trio. Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon would probably be most recognised though.

as for mewtow being playable, i too would rather see Lucario
But that would be too much like PT,
Wouldn't you rather have something original

Capcom VS SNK /Capcom VS MArvel are classic games

I would hope that they come out with a very strong pokemon trainer,
And uses very weak pokemon more as side kicks rather then being the fighters.

Like a bunch of cute pokemon: gastly, Tyrogue, Mime Jr

they would work like
-gastly-Hypnosis-follows enemies around trying to get them in hypnosis
-Tyrogue-Would be an extra ally that attacked with you
-Mime Jr-mirrorcoat-reflects enemies projectile (takes a while to time however since your throwing out different pokemon) he looks like he is miming

all the pre evolved pokemon
-that can be killed with one hit that has knockback

Gastly takes two hits

You know what I mean?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Humm, if I didn't feel that PT was the last NEW pokemon character than I would be all for a female pokemon coordinator who uses 2-3 cute/ pretty pokemon. But for me, I see it being. . .

Pika
(PT) Aka: Char/ Squirt/ Ivy
Jpuff
Mew2

The most reasonable list IMO. 6 unique pokemon you can play as. :p

as for Lucario I still think he is going to replace mewtwo as a playable pokemon
Why Mewtwo and not Jigglypuff? What does Mewtwo have that makes him so 'replaceable' that Jigglypuff doesn't? Let's break down the facts about Mewtwo, because he will never be replaced, and that's as good as fact:

1. Mewtwo is probably the most recognized Pokémon after Pikachu. He is iconic. He was the most powerful Pokémon in the 1st generation and remains one of the most powerful Pokémon now. He is widely regarded as the ultimate battling force in the Pokémon world.

2. Mewtwo was supposedly planned for the original Super Smash Bros. During Melee's production, he was among the top ten most requested characters.

3. In Melee, Mewtwo had a unique set of moves, as he wasn't a clone of anyone. Even if you took all the clones out of perspective, Mewtwo would still stand out over the other characters with unique quality.

4. Mewtwo is a Pokémon series antagonist and the final boss of the first generation games.

The point being there is no way Mewtwo will ever get replaced by anyone, let alone Lucario. But Lucario's chances aren't bad either, so rather than piss people off with this replacement nonsense, picture Brawl having Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and Lucario as its playable Pokémon series roster.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I gotta say if anyone is gonna be replaced my preferance would be Jigg. however I dont dee it happening

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Why Mewtwo and not Jigglypuff? What does Mewtwo have that makes him so 'replaceable' that Jigglypuff doesn't? Let's break down the facts about Mewtwo, because he will never be replaced, and that's as good as fact:

1. Mewtwo is probably the most recognized Pokémon after Pikachu. He is iconic. He was the most powerful Pokémon in the 1st generation and remains one of the most powerful Pokémon now. He is widely regarded as the ultimate battling force in the Pokémon world.

2. Mewtwo was supposedly planned for the original Super Smash Bros. During Melee's production, he was among the top ten most requested characters.

3. In Melee, Mewtwo had a unique set of moves, as he wasn't a clone of anyone. Even if you took all the clones out of perspective, Mewtwo would still stand out over the other characters with unique quality.

4. Mewtwo is a Pokémon series antagonist and the final boss of the first generation games.

The point being there is no way Mewtwo will ever get replaced by anyone, let alone Lucario. But Lucario's chances aren't bad either, so rather than piss people off with this replacement nonsense, picture Brawl having Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and Lucario as its playable Pokémon series roster.
didn't i already post this list on this thread?

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
I don't want to see Mewtwo gone, but I think it's very probable. If they do keep him, I expect to see a re-vamped move-set that makes him actually good. Lucario would be nice, but I don't care much for him. Just another random Pokemon made famous by the anime. In the game he's crap.

They won't get rid of Jiggs. I just don't see it happening. She's actually a really good character if put in the hands of someone who knows how to use her. I think that Pika, PT, Jiggs, and Mewtwo is the most probable. Though Mewtwo could defiantly end up being replaced. And if he is replaced, it will most likely be Lucario.

Danon

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see a "Pokemon Master" or a "Pokemon Rival"

The Master could use Mewtwo, Lucario, and another...(Condensing the list of Pokemon Reps, yet still keeping Mewtwo and adding Lucario).

But the rival would be way cooler, having other starters from later Gen games.

Top Bottom