• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Season 2 DLC Pack (Another 5 DLC Characters)

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
What's people's thoughts on free dlc being echoes? They were heavily marketed before the game.
Define "heavily marketed" because all they really did was give them a name. It's not like they were ever a big central focus.
I don't really expect any echos in the first season, and I only see them as bonuses in a theoretical second season.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Define "heavily marketed" because all they really did was give them a name. It's not like they were ever a big central focus.
I don't really expect any echos in the first season, and I only see them as bonuses in a theoretical second season.
Not marketed but when they announced the name, it seemed like we would get a lot more echoes. I got that vibe anyway. Just getting my hopes up, I guess.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
What's people's thoughts on free dlc being echoes? They were heavily marketed before the game.
I'd love if we got free echoes as DLC.

But realistically, I highly doubt we're going to get them for free. They do take less development time, but they still have to be developed, which costs money.

As paid DLC, I can definitely see it happening, especially if they plan to support the game for a long time.

And yes, even though :ultpiranha: is free for a limited time, that was more of an incentive to get the game earlier and they're still selling him as paid DLC afterwards.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd love if we got free echoes as DLC.

But realistically, I highly doubt we're going to get them for free. They do take less development time, but they still have to be developed, which costs money.

As paid DLC, I can definitely see it happening, especially if they plan to support the game for a long time.

And yes, even though :ultpiranha: is free for a limited time, that was more of an incentive to get the game earlier and they're still selling him as paid DLC afterwards.
Maybe echoes could be sold for far cheaper than semi-clones/fully unique characters?

I.e.
Fully unique characters - $5.99 (the same individual price as each character of the first pass if you don’t buy the value season pass)
Semi-clones - $3.50
Echoes - $1.79

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Not marketed but when they announced the name, it seemed like we would get a lot more echoes. I got that vibe anyway. Just getting my hopes up, I guess.
tbf, we got like 5 completely new echo fighters, 7 in total, in the base game alone.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's not happening.
All signs point to no.

That said, against my better judgement, I will hope for my most wanteds.
Smash Ultimate DLC Wants small.png

Also Lyn whom I've pushed forever, but she didn't really fit.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
I'd be happy for free echoes, or even just a cheaper price.
Anything that pads out this already huge roster and fills the time between original fighters is good to me.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
My opinion is still that we are getting more DLC after the Fighter Pass.

Top Bottom