• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[A Robotic Stage Directory] Official Stage Discussion-Current Discussion: Smashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
CURRENT DISCUSSION: Smashville

Purpose
I know everyone has been talking about stage discussions and threads and stickies and whatnot, so I figured it would be in the R.O.B. boards' beat interest if I made a Stage Discussion Directory thread... You know, like what we have for the Match-ups. We have a counterpick thread (I've included the link), however we don't have any information regarding some of the other stages. With these stage discussions, we can talk about general strategies on how to make CPs work for you, as well as how to cut your losses when you are forced to play on a less than favorable stage.

We'll discuss stages in separate threads who's links can be found here, and we can post the general results up here or something. I'll also make some nice chart, unless someone beats me to it.

Useful Links

Guide to Robotic Counterpicking
Sudai, I know you had some thread where you listed what stages you take each character to, but I don't remember what its called and I don't feel like looking right now.

Stage Discussions

As for order, I will go by the current (albeit outdated) SBR Starter, Starter/Counter, and Counter Lists, as I feel this will encompass all stages that are currently legal.

As far as Ratings go, they will be based on the overall results of the discussion. The ratings will be from Counterpick, Slight Advantage, Neutral, Slight Disadvantage, and Ban.

I might also eventually incorporate some quick character-specific information under each stage as well. I might also include a note that may maention whether a stage is usually legal or not at most tournaments (Pirate Ship, I'm looking at you!)

Starter
Battlefield
Discussion: N/A
Rating: N/A

Final Destination

Smashville
Discussion: Here

Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter

Lylat Cruise

Castle Siege

Delfino Plaza

Halberd

Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar

Frigate Orpheon

Jungle Japes

Luigi's Mansion

Norfair

Pictochat

Pokémon Stadium 2

Rainbow Cruise

Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Corneria

Distant Planet

Green Hill Zone

Pirate Ship

Note: This is not a discussion thread. It is a directory. We will discuss in this thread which stages we wish to discuss next, not specific stages.

Ruse

Fox
Why can't every forum be as organized as the R.O.B. boards? Robots are too efficient.

lol flat zone 2

Smashville, for real.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Wouldn't this one not really count? We would need this one, and either Jamn's or mine as the actual discussion topic.

I don't want to be biased, but I'd vote mine for staying simple because it covers all the stages and is more organized.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I don't want to be biased, but I'd vote mine for staying simple because it covers all the stages and is more organized.
More organized? But you tried to put all the stages in one thread. Did you ever notice how long it takes to scroll down past the first post? No one will ever be able to find each stage's discussion. That's called clutter. With this directory, every stage will ahve its own thread, each which can be accessed via this thread. And you can't argue that that doesn't work, as we have evidence a la Sudai's Match-up directory.

Smashville it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom