• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Recap Trailer?

M.K

Level 55
I thought of this idea. Would you like it if one of Sakurai's updates was a trailer showing all of the new things he's shown us in the past couple of months? Some of the things that he has brought up could only be fully grasped in a trailer (Footstool Jump, Franklin Badge). I doubt he'll do it, but I'd be a nice surprise nonetheless!

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'd take it. That's essentially what E3's footage was, just a bunch of content that was shown in the weeks prior. Except for that little DK slip-up...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Meh, there really isn't THAT much information that we need a compilation video. I mean, we have 2 of Wario's, Pit's, and Ike's moves, 1 of pokemon trainers, a few stages, and adventure mode. It's nothing too mind-boggling or information overload.

M.K

Level 55
Meh, there really isn't THAT much information that we need a compilation video. I mean, we have 2 of Wario's, Pit's, and Ike's moves, 1 of pokemon trainers, a few stages, and adventure mode. It's nothing too mind-boggling or information overload.
Yes, but you are forgetting the game modes, all the new items, Assist Trophies and Pokeballs, character movement, Final Smashes, and techniques like Footstool Jump.

After 3 months, I think we are do for a good recap trailer!

Hong

The Strongest
Diddy Kong, Link's changes, Ike and Footstool jumps really need some screen time.

Truce

Smash Cadet
Heck yeah! If nothing else, I really wanna see how Diddy looks in action. That little guy moves in crazy ways, and seeing how it works would be awesome. That plus tether recovery is begging some visual explanation.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Heck yeah! If nothing else, I really wanna see how Diddy looks in action. That little guy moves in crazy ways, and seeing how it works would be awesome.
I kinda wish Sakurai would've given us a video update for Diddy instead of screenshots, even he admitted that screenshots couldn't truely capture him.

That plus tether recovery is begging some visual explanation.
Why?... It was in Melee already, you know.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
I kinda wish Sakurai would've given us a video update for Diddy instead of screenshots, even he admitted that screenshots couldn't truely capture him.
Same here. Also I think it should have been the same with PT. Some of these characters really need some videos to explain how exactly they work.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
For me personally, I'd rather have something new. I'd be kind of disappointed to see those same things again.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I have really been waiting for this to come. I want to see Ike, Diddy, Peach, Yoshi's Up B, some Pokeballs... It doesn't seem that hard to organize some clips for us... but oh well.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
No thanks. Videos of new things we haven't seen would be sweet and create more hype for people to buy the game.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Well, in place of something completely ******** that nobody cares about like spicy curry, then YES, I would appreciate a video recap type of thing. In place of ANYTHING new and worth seeing, NO.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Well, in place of something completely ******** that nobody cares about like spicy curry, then YES, I would appreciate a video recap type of thing. In place of ANYTHING new and worth seeing, NO.
As far as items go, I think the Spicy Curry was actually a nice item update, since we were due for one anyway.

Also, I think I'd like to see a nice recap trailer, it'd be pretty long, too; I'd imagine no less than five minutes. But...maybe a little surprise at the end of the trailer, like the last two full trailers?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
as long as we get something it really doesn't matter. Even the 15 second video from E3 had a wealth of info. :grin:

But in truth I'd rather we get nothing. I can see people with discusted looks on there faces but look. The more time they put into a video is time their not putting into brawl. Even if it is only half an hour to make a short video that is time not taken to further balance out things. I know they've already put alot of time into the game already but heck they'v been much more than just working on characters. Even if it's just one move balanced for one character it's still down time. I can wait for Brawl release, i've been given enough info to be happy till then. :)

Smash Ace
I want to see one, and I really don't give a crap about people whining about it. silly nubz.
they'll set their own pace, since they've romised us a release date already. No fear.

Top Bottom