• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A really bizarre thing that might help in 2v2?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Well, it's like the omnigay. When mk upthrows with the opponent having a grenade in their hand and it explodes while you have port priority, he'll die at any percent. There is a certain area above the level where if any hitbox exists you will die no matter what the percentage is. This is no different if a banana hits you all the way there.

So, I'm guessing if MK is on your team, you can somehow (if it's battlefield) jump really high from the upmost platform and smash throw the banana above. With precision if mk grabs the opponent from below the banana can hit only the opponent and not mk assuming he upthrows into it. I would like for someone else to test this, because I have nobody else to help.

If you don't understand just post, from how I put it it may seem a little bit nebulous.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
MK upthrows, you are on the top of battlefield, you jump and upthrow a banana and star ko the person mk grabs?

rvkevin

Smash Lord
That's the general idea...the one thing I would wonder is if being dealt percentage in the blast zone is enough to kill if they're still in the grab. If so, it would be the same for Pit's Arrows (Easier to test), since I think neither break the grab.

ADHD

Smash Hero
That's the general idea...the one thing I would wonder is if being dealt percentage in the blast zone is enough to kill if they're still in the grab. If so, it would be the same for Pit's Arrows (Easier to test), since I think neither break the grab.
It happened with m2k in friendlys. I think both died. We were like WTF lol.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r169/affinity2412/al_091124_1916binout.jpg

The timing on this will be super hard to get down. At least based off of that image, I think I'm not the only one that realizes that even if Diddy full hops the banana wouldn't hit. That and the full hop would have to occur the other person is trying to break the grab. By that percentage a DSmash should do.

Note: The image may not be the apex of Meta Knight's up throw.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'll post another pic if I can get the exact apex of MK's U-throw. The one 4rce posted was just a random pause.

EDIT: Not much of a difference at all, but here's the apex.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
but peanuts have 0 knockback. >__>
not troooooooo. dont underestimate peanut in all seriousness

i kept trying to do this with a friend and i just couldnt pull off the timing NOR knock the opponent off mk. besides metaknight being 4th priority does it matter for the other person?

Top Bottom