• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Rarely asked pillaring/combo question.. please answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

HateOnMe

Smash Rookie
Im new to melee so sorry in advance if this question has been asked before or is very obvious to everyone. I am trying to main falco and one of his best tech. is pillaring. If i actually hit you with the shine during the pillar i would have to follow up with a aerial but my question is, what buttons are best to press in order to follow up into the air (diagonal up analog, or forward Y).. see, i want to be able to use some sort of combination that would make it as easy as possible to do since i cant react so fast if i actually catch the person during the pillar(mind you i am terrible at pillaring in the first place). i also noticed that this question is more about the combo than it is about pillaring so apologies for the confusion..
another question i have is whether or not i should previously hold down on the stick then press y and A or should i press Y then d+a.. my final question would be, do i really have to fast fall my dairs because i see that the shuffle sort of works fine with out it unless im missing something really big...if u cant answer the questions but you happen to be a great falco player, just tell me exactly what you do when it comes to this and ill be fine =)
thanks for your help.

Jonas

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter since you can do it equally fast. Just use whichever feels best.
It doesn't matter if you hold down and press A or just press down and A at the same time either. And yeah of course you have to fast fall =)
Also you don't have to react to your own inputs, you just have to know when the hitlag ends.

xbombr

Smash Ace
The simple answer is to find something you're comfortable with. No one does it the same way.

I use X for everything but wavedashing. I use Y for wavedashing. I jump out of shine with Up on the control stick when I'm Falco and use Y like 50% of the time when I'm Fox. I SHDL, SHL, and FHTL with Fox using the control stick and SHL with X as Falco. There is a lot more involving R and L. It's all so confusing to say, but it works just fine and I haven't had any trouble adapting technical stuff to my game when I've put my mind to it and put some practice in.

The button inputs that people use vary widely based on confort and how well you can move your thumbs in certain directions.

HateOnMe

Smash Rookie
****, thanks everyone, but after reading i think i found my own way of doing it and it seems to be the fastest/ effective way to do it.. once i shine, i would slide the diagonal stick down and press Y( this automatically makes me jump diagonally) and since my thumb is diagonally down i can easily slide back to down and press A for a dair.. really smooth way of doing it.. I also wanted to know why sometimes a foawrd b or down b comes out when i press diagonal down b( its almost random on which one would come out)?thanks for everything =)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
****, thanks everyone, but after reading i think i found my own way of doing it and it seems to be the fastest/ effective way to do it.. once i shine, i would slide the diagonal stick down and press Y( this automatically makes me jump diagonally) and since my thumb is diagonally down i can easily slide back to down and press A for a dair.. really smooth way of doing it.. I also wanted to know why sometimes a foawrd b or down b comes out when i press diagonal down b( its almost random on which one would come out)?thanks for everything =)
Since your making everything complicated by trying to use diagonal down it makes sense that you will randomly shine (down b) or illusion (forward b). Since at that angle it's difficult in a pressured situation to keep under control.

Most of your questions have already been answered pretty in depth if you would research in the Falco boards a bit. So I'm going to close this and recommend that you look here:

Melee Falco Character Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom