• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a question about throwing pikmin

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
hey guys for all of you out there who play olimar i just have a quick question that i really dont see anyone answering.

when you thorw a pikmin (lets say white) and it latches on to someone, can your opponent go and rapidly press buttons to get the pikmin off or will that pikmin do a set damage?

if someone could answer this that would be great. thank you for your time.

BulgyMilk

Smash Cadet
From what I've seen and read it seems that the pikmin will unattach if your opponent attacks them off.

Fautor Animus

Smash Cadet
But you can just grab them to make sure they don't get it off. If you spam your grab jab, you should be able to ping them enough to allow the pikman to stay to it's fullest potential. That or pop the person into the sky so that they don't have the time to hit it off.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Regular attacks arent that great, you need to work a bit to get them off. Rob and sonic have the best ways to get rid of them, not only that but rob reflects them sometime, and they start chewing on your helmet.

Top Bottom