• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A possible annoying Sheik bug

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
First of all, credits go to my friend (Saika) for discovering this, I've never heard of it before, and he doesn't really have a smashboards account.

Basically, when you use Fair, Sheik can't grab the ledge unless a double jump or any other move is used.

I probably saw this happen a lot but never paid attention to Fair and blamed it on myself for holding down, but normally I'd just Vanish back to the ledge or ledge cancel bouncing fish to recover anyway.

Now that I know about it, I do find it quite annoying lol.

Last edited:

Bujuhh

Smash Rookie
NNID
bujuhh
3DS FC
1822-0022-5425
Ive actually had this happen a lot but never really paid attention to it, thinking the same thing you did. Now that you say this though, I cant think of a time where I actually grabbed ledge after a fair.

ShinRamen

Smash Cadet
NNID
KoRShin
9B posted about this a while back on his twitter, and apparently it's a 'nerf' that came along in 1.0.8. It just takes a long time before you can grab the ledge; if you put one of those spring boards at the bottom of the stage to bounce off, you'll grab it. Really weird lol

pokio55

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokio55
I was always wondering why I would never grab the edge, i always thought it was some sort of end lag thing for fair...

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
No character can grab the edge while an animation is being played out. So whether you fair or air dodge, it doesn't matter because you'll miss the edge every time. You'll have to wait until the animation is completely over, then you can grab it again. The exceptions to this law are animations from special moves. The ledge cancels them and allows you to grab it.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
No character can grab the edge while an animation is being played out. So whether you fair or air dodge, it doesn't matter because you'll miss the edge every time. You'll have to wait until the animation is completely over, then you can grab it again. The exceptions to this law are animations from special moves. The ledge cancels them and allows you to grab it.
What he's saying is that after you Fair - not while the animation is still going - and are still in the air, you can't grab the edge until you input someonething else. Yeah, it's really annoying.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
fair's iasa is frame 35, it just has an 11 frame autocancel. what I imagine is that you have to wait until the iasa to grab the ledge.

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
if you looks really closely, sheik curls in her arms after a fair, and doesn't uncurl them for quite some time, you can use the bunny hood to dj fair, and catch the ledge. To view sheik's entire fair animation stationary, use the tanooki leaf thing to float and fair

pokio55

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pokio55
if you looks really closely, sheik curls in her arms after a fair, and doesn't uncurl them for quite some time, you can use the bunny hood to dj fair, and catch the ledge. To view sheik's entire fair animation stationary, use the tanooki leaf thing to float and fair
Possibly... I will probably will record the phenomenon real quick.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
hmm that's right, didn't notice it before!

so I guess this is obsolete now then lol

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
It's annoying but you can wall stick to the lio of FD with it easily. You can easily stage spike a recovery like this

Top Bottom