• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new spike for Link !

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I checked in PSA, there are no spiking hitboxes, that's just terribad SDI or hax.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Saw this on AiB.

Could it be a stage spike?
PSIence! **** you! :mad:

pulse131

Smash Ace
utilt sends them down at a certain point. dont know how, but i have proof in vids that ill post sumday

pulse131

Smash Ace
utilt sends them down at a certain point. dont know how, but i have proof in vids that ill post sumday,

ndayday

BRoomer
Doubt it. Probably just DI again.

*asks PSIence*

Umby

Smash Master
Of course it's a wall spike, but I would suspect that bad SDI + being pushed off the stage at that position would knock her into the wall. It's obviously not due to move properties.

Smash Apprentice
Of course it's a wall spike, but I would suspect that bad SDI + being pushed off the stage at that position would knock her into the wall. It's obviously not due to move properties.
/case closed

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
There is a DA spike in the Believe the Legend video.

It was not a stage spike, since it was in the middle of Smashville, and the odds that it was Ultra Smash DI at the level of those Jigglypuff vids - given the scenario and the question 'why would he DI down at all, let alone so powerfully?' - are vanishingly small.

I asked about it in the BtL thread.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You really shouldn't rely on this. It's most likely since it's not a 169 (sakurai) angle it can be DI'd down. The same results can apply to Lucas' U-tilt.

ndayday

BRoomer
In an effort to end any thoughts about what the hell this is;

I checked in PSA, there are no spiking hitboxes, that's just terribad SDI or hax.
You really shouldn't rely on this. It's most likely since it's not a 169 (sakurai) angle it can be DI'd down. The same results can apply to Lucas' U-tilt.
There is a DA spike in the Believe the Legend video.

It was not a stage spike, since it was in the middle of Smashville, and the odds that it was Ultra Smash DI at the level of those Jigglypuff vids - given the scenario and the question 'why would he DI down at all, let alone so powerfully?' - are vanishingly small.

I asked about it in the BtL thread.

GOD DI: Knockback Inversion and other Epic DI

I'm not going to say I discovered GDI. But I'm definitely the only person who's really looked into it. I would say I found it but some a****** from the tactical boards would probably flame me.

Regardless, people have been asking me about it... in ever growing numbers, so in an attempt to clear things up...

God DI ( it'll make your opponent s*** their pants)
-Its awesome.

What is God DI?
-God DI is the term I have used for an advanced form of directional influence that results in total knockback inversion. In other words, instead of going up, you go down. You can in some cases tech the hit, and in others you cannot but it doesn't matter. I'll go into this more later.

GDI can save your a**. If and when you miss a rest or it doesn't KO (and I had a pikachu survive rest at over 100% on Corneria) GDI is a godsend.

GDI vs. Lucas's Up-smash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3_MGqugkuE&feature=channel_page
GDI vs. Zelda's F-smash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8GC9x0J2Mw&feature=channel

Are you going to talk about physics now? How does GDI work?

-Yes. GDI utilizes multiple double stick DIs in a specific pattern very quickly and precisely. Or just double stick DIing downish (varies by move) like a madman. The exact mechanics of it are a little confusing but... you basically have to get the final knockback hit with a doublestick downwards DI. Position definitely matters as well, though I don't know exactly why it seems to only work if you moving under the hitbox... eh.

When you GDI if you hit the ground during hitstun, as is seen in the Lucas vid, in which case you can't tech, but the opponent has no followup option. Otherwise you can tech as normal, as seen in the Zelda vid.

Moves that can be (consciously) GDI'd must:

1. Either have multiple hits, cinematic hitlag, or both.
2. They must have some degree of vertical knockback.
3. Either you must be at a certain % or they first hits must have set knockback.
4. If their is a pull effect it must be possible to escape it. This makes some GDI spacing dependent (Zelda's up-smash probably fits this category).
5. You can't remain grounded. This is an absolute requirement. Note... Multihit moves will tap you up.
6. More will be added as I think of stuff

It is unknown whether this could work on any type of throw.
Taken from Veril's guide to ATs in the Jiggly forums. Thanks to PK-ow for making me remember this.

Anyway, after reading that, it becomes pretty clear that this was totally accidental. /Case closed. Hopefully.

pulse131

Smash Ace
not a spike, just bad DI. same thing can be done with dair>stagespike or uptilt.
sry to burst das bubble

ndayday

BRoomer
Yeah, it's confirmed to be bad DI.

pulse131

Smash Ace
Let me ''re-input'' my thoughts.
Im about 90% sure it's just DI of your opponent, probably just down. There have been about 5 occasions that i can remember specifically in which i did this, and even more times in which ive performed it with utilt/usmash.
so ya, technically speaking, yes, it sends em straight down so it is a spike, but in terms it isnt supposed to send them down.

ndayday

BRoomer
T_T

Bad DI, not the move itself.
Wouldn't want you to try recreate something that your opponent has to recreate. Could screw you over.

Top Bottom