• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Link guide?

Zodiac

Smash Master
So I was checking character guides and realized that Link's meta game has advanced to a point where a lot of what we have in character guides is outdated, and Link seems to be far more viable now, I mean..he still sucks but we don't play Link because he is good.

So what do you guys think? Is it time to put together a new Link guide?

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I'm not against the idea, however I'm not sure if most people here have enough current experience with Link at an acceptably high enough skill level to make a good guide. My Link is **** so I wouldn't want to open my mouth about much, lol.

If we could get some better players interested in making one, it could be pretty nice. HDL, Skler(?), or hell even Mango I guess, lol.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
For several years now I've considered extensively documenting everything I know about Link. Haven't really decided, but one thing I can say for sure: Link requires so much more technical knowledge and understanding than other characters that a common guide isn't even close to enough. Perhaps one day...

NNID
dansalvato
I've jotted down some loose "guide" notes to give myself a better understanding of Link's strengths and weaknesses. I also have a separate document listing all of the Link gimmicks under my arsenal (which I consider my specialty).

For several years now I've considered extensively documenting everything I know about Link. Haven't really decided, but one thing I can say for sure: Link requires so much more technical knowledge and understanding than other characters that a common guide isn't even close to enough. Perhaps one day...

I'd be happy to work with you on a guide, where I can fill in most of the wordy stuff while you make additions/changes as you see fit. I think all the Links would really appreciate your input and knowledge.

Zodiac

Smash Master
HDL I don't think I can contribute that much to the guide but I will if I can, but I know all of the Link mains will be REALLY great full if you did that, it would go a long way in helping us improve.

I want to help too, in whatever way I can. I'm sure we all will benefit from another much more updated guide.

EDIT: May I suggest Google Docs as the location of the document?

Top Bottom