• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a new jigglypuff 'glitch'! this one makes me angry though

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
i simply cannot unlock jigglypuff. i have beaten classic mode several times on several difficulties. i have beaten event number 20. yet no jigglypuff, not even a failed attempt at beating its challenge.

does this have to do with the fact that i unlocked captain falcon first? what is the deal

ps, i have not been using ike on classic mode, so that is not the issue

qhiiyr

Smash Rookie
You have to beat SSE first. That's what I heard.
I've done just that, but still no results. Word is around other threads that in the US version you can't get her from event 20 or classic mode -- you have to play the 350 brawls or get her from the SSE.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
hmmm, alright, thank you both!

but i did want to play jigglypuff before i beat the sse =/

Exit

Smash Cadet
I got her after completing the first event in the co-op events. I did this after finishing SSE and she was the last character for me to unlock with the exceptions of Toon Link and Star Wolf.

RPK

Smash Lord
I just beat SSE then went to the Ruins for Wolf, The Swamp for Jigglypuff, and The Forest for Toon Link. PLus it was in the guide xD

TheAmazingJordo

Smash Cadet
I just beat SSE then went to the Ruins for Wolf, The Swamp for Jigglypuff, and The Forest for Toon Link. PLus it was in the guide xD
Or just set it to Special Brawl, Stamina Mode, Random Opponent, Map Rotation to Random, and 1HP for the CPU. Grap your Wiimote, select a character, press +, change the channel, and just spam + for a little while :laugh:

saratos

Smash Apprentice
I am probably just going to unlock the characters from regularly playing vs mode.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
My friend said that he got jigglypuff from Event Match 22 or something. He said that he beat it and then it said "jigglypuff was to play brawl!" or something like that. But he said he didn't get the event matches until he had beaten subspace..

will10

Smash Rookie
Or just set it to Special Brawl, Stamina Mode, Random Opponent, Map Rotation to Random, and 1HP for the CPU. Grap your Wiimote, select a character, press +, change the channel, and just spam + for a little while :laugh:
you can't get credit for special matches, right?

ChristoCracker

Smash Rookie
you can't get credit for special matches, right?
Yup! you do! i had BrawL for a whole day and using this method, i just got 2 characters left to unlock! (Toon Link and Wolf), plus, since the Wiimote is wireless (duh) and it vibrates well, youll know when you keep pressing the +, when it vibrates really strong, keep pressing + until it vibrates softly, (i did this with the TV screen off, lmao) OOOH but make sure to check once in a while so u dont press + when it says Challenger Approaching! lol

Baconater

Smash Cadet
ok 3 ways to unlock jiggs because there seems to be a bit of confusion about this.

1. Play a ton of vs. matches
2. Beat SSE then complete 20 event matches (not #20, you must complete 20 separate events)
3. Beat SSE then go to the swamp, find jiggs in some random door, beat her.

The easiest (and one that I did) was beat SSE and then complete 20 different events

Soviet_SR-71

Smash Rookie
I had trouble too after beating the 20 event matches nothing happened. Then I beat one of them on "Hard" and Jigglypuff appeared. i was so happy i lost, so i did the event match again on hard and jigglypuff came back but this time i was ready ;]

idea

Smash Master
what i did was beat the first 20 event matches before beating sse. then when i did beat sse, nothing happened, so i went and did event 21 and jigglypuff appeared. i figure you have to beat sse, and 20 event matches, and then the game only "checks" for you having beaten those 20 matches once you do/beat another event. that makes more sense if you don't try to put it into words =P

Top Bottom