• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh god, just look at Serenes and r/fireemblem. The salt is real.

But what happens if you marry the fox guy from Hoshido? Is your kids gonna be a fox/dragon hybrid?
That would be beyond broken if a kitsune dragon hybrid were to be fully possible. Just imagine the stats and abilities that child would have and many would be begging for mercy from him/her.

Seen the salt coming from a mile away, me and my girlfriend were even having a laugh about it earlier. As if the complaints about the localized name changes on Gamefaqs weren't funny enough. :laugh:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
All I hope is that the children in Fates are just optional and aren't important to the game's storyline like the children were in Awakening.

It'd be such a **** up considering how the story was built around choosing which family to fight for.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Honestly, I like Kamui better than Corrin. Kamui sounds more exotic. I think the concept of a lord who's also a manakete is great, so I definitely support him/her for Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I guess to be unbiased and just more convenient, a hypothetical Smash moveset would not use Kamui/Corrin's promoted class options (even though I wish they did for certain other Smash Fire Emblem characters...). In Hoshido, you get staves upon promoting. In Nohr, you get magic.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
I disagree. The big idea of Fates/if is choosing Nohr or Hoshido. It wouldn't be right if they wasn't represented. I say that just having the promoted forms as costume swaps would be fair game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I disagree. The big idea of Fates/if is choosing Nohr or Hoshido. It wouldn't be right if they wasn't represented. I say that just having the promoted forms as costume swaps would be fair game.
With all the costume bias Mac had, it would be too hard for the developers to do this. Retro Mac, Little Mac, and Hoodie Mac being costumes alone were enough signs that Sakurai was giving him too much attention over the other characters like Wario in Brawl (Yet Wario Land is heavily ignored in every title).

Burruni

Smash Hero
With all the costume bias Mac had, it would be too hard for the developers to do this. Retro Mac, Little Mac, and Hoodie Mac being costumes alone were enough signs that Sakurai was giving him too much attention over the other characters like Wario in Brawl (Yet Wario Land is heavily ignored in every title).
AND WARIO LOST 4 OF THOSE OUTFITS.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I was just thinking this but... What would Kamui's Corrin's reveal trailer be like?

Would it take place where Roy's trailer left off or be a completely different one?

I imagine it be different. And I think we could expect Robin to appear.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 Um, why haven't you changed the thread title name from Kamui to Corrin yet? As for individually changing every instance of Kamui to Corrin in the OP, that's nothing MS Word's Word Replace function can't fix in a jiffy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, I was just thinking this but... What would Kamui's Corrin's reveal trailer be like?

Would it take place where Roy's trailer left off or be a completely different one?

I imagine it be different. And I think we could expect Robin to appear.
I haven't thought much about it, but it definitely invokes a solo fight between Robin and Marth at the Nohrian stadium.

So it starts off with Marth staring down the Avatar with his weapon ready for a fight. Robin describes how ancient his style is while taking note of his as an old warrior. This would cause the Hero King to clash swords with Robin on the stadium. Which would results in the water having a rippling effect. Marth would try to attack Robin with another slash after withdrawing his blade. But the skilled mage would then use the Thoron spell to scare him off, only for the Hero King to lunge at him for another attack. Robin would take his Levin Sword out only for it to be easily started by Marth's attack.

This is where things get really interesting since the Avatar would be kicked away by Marth. Wounded and heavy overwhelmed, Robin was now open for the Hero King to finish him off. In dramatic flair, Marth would raise the Falchion into the air and prepare for that long waited Critical Finish. A deep voice would yell "Dragon's Vein!" which causes the water in the stadium to wash Marth towards the side. Robin would lift himself off the ground, confused at what he saw and looked to see the soaked prince. Then young prince similar to Marth lands in front of him, with a mysterious flair and lack of shoes to show that he's out of the ordinary.

"Are you alright? You do know that you shouldn't underestimate the old generation," this prince said. Robin would take a look at the mysterious prince's blade Yato, which shines even brighter than the level sword. The soaked Marth would then stand I his two feet and prepare to fight again. The prince would then say "Dragon's Claw" for his left hand to transform into that of a dragon's to much of his surprise. Robin would then look at this Avatar and realize that he's going to be in a better situation than him. "Stand back, things are going to get tough, just like the fates of others that had to choose a path like mines," he said then he charges at Marth with his claws ready for tearing.

"Corrin Determines His Fate!"

*cue gameplay at various stages including the Nohrian stadium*

Again, that's all I have for now since I can seem to think of a good ending other than revealing Corrine/Corrette. Maybe have Marth complain about how stranger the Warriors are getting (as a shoutout to the hardcore fans that hate the new games) and have Robin watch him transform into his true self.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying the costumes may not be represented, I'm saying Kamui/Corrin's moveset would likely not involve magic or staves. You're already have a lot to work with in a partial dragon transformation, Dragon Vein, and swords.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying the costumes may not be represented, I'm saying Kamui/Corrin's moveset would likely not involve magic or staves. You're already have a lot to work with in a partial dragon transformation, Dragon Vein, and swords.
Okay but anything can happen. A lot of work was obviously put into Ryu so I imagine that would be the same for any other DLC newcomer.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
I haven't thought much about it, but it definitely invokes a solo fight between Robin and Marth at the Nohrian stadium.

So it starts off with Marth staring down the Avatar with his weapon ready for a fight. Robin describes how ancient his style is while taking note of his as an old warrior. This would cause the Hero King to clash swords with Robin on the stadium. Which would results in the water having a rippling effect. Marth would try to attack Robin with another slash after withdrawing his blade. But the skilled mage would then use the Thoron spell to scare him off, only for the Hero King to lunge at him for another attack. Robin would take his Levin Sword out only for it to be easily started by Marth's attack.

This is where things get really interesting since the Avatar would be kicked away by Marth. Wounded and heavy overwhelmed, Robin was now open for the Hero King to finish him off. In dramatic flair, Marth would raise the Falchion into the air and prepare for that long waited Critical Finish. A deep voice would yell "Dragon's Vein!" which causes the water in the stadium to wash Marth towards the side. Robin would lift himself off the ground, confused at what he saw and looked to see the soaked prince. Then young prince similar to Marth lands in front of him, with a mysterious flair and lack of shoes to show that he's out of the ordinary.

"Are you alright? You do know that you shouldn't underestimate the old generation," this prince said. Robin would take a look at the mysterious prince's blade Yato, which shines even brighter than the level sword. The soaked Marth would then stand I his two feet and prepare to fight again. The prince would then say "Dragon's Claw" for his left hand to transform into that of a dragon's to much of his surprise. Robin would then look at this Avatar and realize that he's going to be in a better situation than him. "Stand back, things are going to get tough, just like the fates of others that had to choose a path like mines," he said then he charges at Marth with his claws ready for tearing.

"Corrin Determines His Fate!"

*cue gameplay at various stages including the Nohrian stadium*

Again, that's all I have for now since I can seem to think of a good ending other than revealing Corrine/Corrette. Maybe have Marth complain about how stranger the Warriors are getting (as a shoutout to the hardcore fans that hate the new games) and have Robin watch him transform into his true self.
This is perfection! Thanks! I can't believe I missed this post.

And hey, here is some Kamui cipher cards we can expect for Smahs Alts!

White haired guy/girl are the Kamuis.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is perfection! Thanks! I can't believe I missed this post.

And hey, here is some Kamui cipher cards we can expect for Smash Alts!

White haired guy/girl are the Kamuis.
This whole cipher card situation got me wondering, how will this be pulled off if Nintendo aren't bringing them to the West? Unless the extra content will be made as special DLC for the Western versions or be region exclusive entirely (Kind of like how the Squid Girl costume. In Splatoon).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I totally called the English name change. I could get used to Corrin.
Yeah, it will take a while for me too since it makes as sense as "Ax Battler" (You won't get it unless you've played Golden Axe).

When thinking of the name Corrin (Spear Bearer), it seems like the localization team wants to make the Azura x Corrin pairing very obvious given that she's a spear fighter who knows him well.

Last edited:

Akira213

Smash Cadet
I think its a bit premature to be hoping for characters from a game that isn't even released in Japan yet. Assuming the game is successful I don't see any reason why not but that will probably be quite a ways down the line since it isn't released in the West until next year. Given how much love FE has already gotten in Smash 4 though further FE additions seem unlikely to me. Maybe a contender for the next Smash, although I personally suspect IS will probably remake FE4 soon now that the franchise is a lot more popular and its usually considered to be one of if not the best FE game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think its a bit premature to be hoping for characters from a game that isn't even released in Japan yet. Assuming the game is successful I don't see any reason why not but that will probably be quite a ways down the line since it isn't released in the West until next year. Given how much love FE has already gotten in Smash 4 though further FE additions seem unlikely to me. Maybe a contender for the next Smash, although I personally suspect IS will probably remake FE4 soon now that the franchise is a lot more popular and its usually considered to be one of if not the best FE game.
Smash 5 would most likely have the FE16 protagonist since the game will be out by then and Fates would be old news. After all, we did get Ike instead of Ephraim/Eirika in Brawl and Robin/Lucina in Smash 4 over the Avatar of New Mystery of the Fire Emblem. I used to feel the same way as you about a Fates representative in the past, then realized that they might windup being Hector 2.0 (a highly requested Fire Emblem character who wouldn't make it in due to lack of relevance) in the future.

The thing is that people agree that having him a DLC character to promote the new game while it's popular now is a more likelier scenario while they would be overshadowed by "X New Firee Emblem protagonist" in the future before Smash 5 speculation. The fact that the chances of the Fates universe being expanded like Marth and Ike's universe in the future are low doesn't help (especially since the whole determining your fate scenario seems like a one time deal).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Smash 5 might replace Lucina with FE17 rep, 7 FE characters would be a bit much...
We all know how huge her fanbase is and cutting her would cause a huge ****storm. Then again, that didn't stop Mewtwo or Roy from being cut in the past. :laugh:

Akira213

Smash Cadet
We all know how huge her fanbase is and cutting her would cause a huge ****storm. Then again, that didn't stop Mewtwo or Roy from being cut in the past. :laugh:
I would wager hefty money that a majority of her fan base will move onto whatever fotm waifu FE14 has to offer. I guess I just don't see us having multiple characters from a single game in a franchise with more than a dozen entries, and between Robin and Lucina I would assume Lucina is more likely to be cut. That or she sticks around as an easy to add token from Awakening and Robin is replaced with the newest Avatar design with the same moveset. With FE14 being the 3rd in a row to have one it seems like the presence of a self-insert isn't going anywhere.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Being able to marry the royal siblings, able to scroll down and rub other areas aside from the face, and other fanservicy stuff.
Damn you, Nintendo of America! :hulk:

And it seems that Nintendo is still at that age where they want to "protect" the kiddies in the West. And top believe they are starting to mature with games like Bayonetta and Eternal Darkness.

slambros

Smash Ace
This sounds like it'll be the best Fire Emblem in a very long time. That even includes Awakening. I just want this new game a lot!

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I feel a bit divided on the newly-found info on the new Fire Emblem...but anyways...

Thoughts of a partial possible oveset for Corrin:

-> Smash: Produces a fang via Dragon's Fang and bites akin to a Piranha Plant.
^ Smash: Kneels down on one knee and extends the fang above his/her head prior to it reaching upwards and biting.
v Smash: Does a spinning sword attack akin to Shulk.

B: Dragon's Fang: Extendes a fang comprised of his/her arms. A chargeable magic blast, but not storeable.
-> B: Flux: Like Zelda's side B, but using Dark Magic. Disappears after being summoned only to reappear upon release, like the Mii Gunner's Stealth Burst. Has more vertical and horizontal control than the similar aforementioned moves.
^ B: Dolphin Slash: Press the button again after slashing to plummet while holding out the sword in front of you horizontally like Ike's Aether.
v B: Dragon's Vein: Hold B to breifly alter the terrain ahead. The longer the charge, the more powerful it is, and the further it goes. Stage 1 is water, which sends water up along the ground and pushes foes away, dealing no damage. Stage 2 sends fire up ahead along the ground, dealing higher damage and knockback. Stage 3 releases autoatically once it is reached, causing a massive earthquake damaging everyone on the ground. Corrin takes recoil damage.

Final Smash: Transform: Corrin transforms using his Dragon Stone, ramming frontward foes sky-high.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Being able to marry the royal siblings, able to scroll down and rub other areas aside from the face, and other fanservicy stuff.
Thank you so freaking much, Nintendo of America. What a relief. I was hoping for this, and it happened.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
So in Iwata Asks they didn't "touch" on face-rubbing or incest.

Not that I expected them to. Well, I was hoping for the former, as it's much more prominent in the game.

They also addressed the game as a "simulation RPG" and stated that My Castle could stand as its own game. Okay...

That aside, it's funny they acknowledged that Awakening's story was lacking, and how the writer for this game's daughter said that it was "cliche."

Cool interview. I love how they got in contact with the writer via Kozaki-san after thinking of him for the position. Godsend indeed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom