• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I heard you were talking crap like I wasn't gonna notice.

At least Tiki's voice is actually light and not stereotypically deep unlike Kamui. Maybe they want him to be the polar opposite of Robin and be Rated M for Manly.

Burruni

Smash Hero
At least Tiki's voice is actually light and not stereotypically deep unlike Kamui. Maybe they want him to be the polar opposite of Robin and be Rated M for Manly.
It's weird that they went that way.

Because when you look at playable manaketes in Fire Emblem.

Bantu - Craggly old man

Tiki - OG Manakutie into soft spoken young adult

Fae - Fluffdraggon

Myrrh - Twintails manakutie

(if we count Dragon tribe Laguz) Nasir - Vyers-like

Ena - The Lap dragon

Kurthnaga - Kid

Gareth - Actual gruffguy

Nowi - Best girl for Robin, free spirit girl.

Nah - Tween who wants to be treated as an adult

(possibly) F-Morgan - Lighthearted Airhead.

We have ONE playable gruffguy manakete, so Kamui's default going that way is weird.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now that I think of it, this isn't the only time we heard the case of a young man sounding like a 40 year old in an RPG. I do remember the same thing happened to Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia and we all know how deep his English VA was in comparison to his Japanese VA. And both characters were similar since they had an ambiguous sense of justice along with the tragedy of having to hurt their love interests.

Kamui as Yuri Lowell's descendant confirmed! :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
They keep skipping text :hulk:

so his english name is corrin?

and it appears that advertisement was wrong. there ARE 2 versions. goddammit

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Kamui is Corrin
What the hell's a Corrin? :laugh:

They ought to to be a real meaning for his very name.

and it appears that advertisement was wrong. there ARE 2 versions. goddammit
Hype train ruined. :urg:

Looks like I'm sticking with the Nohr version as always.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Is it confirmed to be Corrin? Cause by what I've been finding, Corrin/Corrine apparently means "Spear" or "Spear-Bearer." Kinda odd considering it's Aqua who wields the spear.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is it confirmed to be Corrin? Cause by what I've been finding, Corrin/Corrine apparently means "Spear" or "Spear-Bearer." Kinda odd considering it's Aqua who wields the spear.
So it's practically Ax Battler (Golden Axe) all over again? Well ****.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now I've thought of something funny, what if the fandom thinks about characterizing him as this wannabe Snake that wears the pants in any relationship with his waifu/husbando. He might as well be the new Ike and a part of the "American Kirby is Hardcore" trope of Fire Emblem.

"I'm here to kick *** and chew bear meat and there is no bear meat."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well then, Corrin.... corrin. This is one of my fav choices for DLC, just to promote Fates and all the epicness it carries. In fact, Kamui to Corrin reminds me of Reflet to Robin... fittingly.

Can we kerp calling him/ her kamui? It sucks less :p

2 versions sucks but at least we got some info and gameplay. A little bit of idea how his moves work from the trailer but not much.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well then, Corrin.... corrin. This is one of my fav choices for DLC, just to promote Fates and all the epicness it carries. In fact, Kamui to Corrin reminds me of Reflet to Robin... fittingly.
Robin x Corrin confirmed? :troll:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I feel kinda bad that of the characters revealed for Fates, there is only one girl I want to dare ship in-game with Corrin.
And I expect its going to be Awakening syndrome that there are going to be more suitable females than males for shipping so I'm sticking dudepath.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Kamui's half dragon transformation attacks are called "Dragon's Fang".

Didn't the lady say at the beginning of the treehouse presentation she CHOSE the name Corrin because it was convenient for her?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Kamui's half dragon transformation attacks are called "Dragon's Fang".

Didn't the lady say at the beginning of the treehouse presentation she CHOSE the name Corrin because it was convenient for her?
Now that you mention it, that may be the case since it is a customizable character that can be named anything. Plus, the Wikipedia and Fire Emblem Wiki still stuck with the name "Kamui" since the official default English name hadn't been officially revealed yet.

That being said, the name Dragon's Fang does sound pretty awesome. It has the potential of being some great Smash Attack options.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Though I do like FE, if Kamui ends up being anything else than Kamui I'll probably be less inclined to buy the game :V

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Though I do like FE, if Kamui ends up being anything else than Kamui I'll probably be less inclined to buy the game :V
The great thing about Custom Main Characters: you can name them. **** it, even if you wouldn't like the name of Link, you could change that.

Anyway, this game looks really interessting. And I hope FE14 won't be a let down. Tbh, the only reason I'd be less inclined to buy the game is because of it's Amiibo support, and that I'd probably have to miss out on Ike, Marth and Roy despite not wanting to miss out on Ike, Marth and Roy. :urg:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After seeing all classes for Nohr and Hoshido today, it's safe to say that people are abandoning ship and moving on to the Light Side. Many of the complaints for Nohr ranged from boring dark designs, to having too many horse riders, and the Hoshido side popping out more with brighter colors.

Oh, and Charlotte is now becoming the "Scrappy" of this game by supporters and haters of Nohr alike. Mostly due to her gold digger personality and having an impractical outfit meant for fanservice unlike the more sensible females (even Camilla) of that side. Still nowhere near as bad as the hate for the recycled designs of Severa, Inigo, and Owain.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
After seeing all classes for Nohr and Hoshido today, it's safe to say that people are abandoning ship and moving on to the Light Side. Many of the complaints for Nohr ranged from boring dark designs, to having too many horse riders, and the Hoshido side popping out more with brighter colors.

Oh, and Charlotte is now becoming the "Scrappy" of this game by supporters and haters of Nohr alike. Mostly due to her gold digger personality and having an impractical outfit meant for fanservice unlike the more sensible females (even Camilla) of that side. Still nowhere near as bad as the hate for the recycled designs of Severa, Inigo, and Owain.
So we #HoshidoMasterRace2015 now?

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I like that Nohr is the mounted brigade. It's suppose to be the more hardcore game and mounted units are typically the best in past games (Geneaology is Horse Emblem, Sacred SETH, Radiant HAAR, etc.)

Charlotte actually has a more practical design in her Berserker promotion oddly enough. Too bad we can only see it's 3D model.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Now that you mention it, that may be the case since it is a customizable character that can be named anything. Plus, the Wikipedia and Fire Emblem Wiki still stuck with the name "Kamui" since the official default English name hadn't been officially revealed yet.

That being said, the name Dragon's Fang does sound pretty awesome. It has the potential of being some great Smash Attack options.
It's official. Kamui's default name in English is Corrin.

I personally liked Kamui better but I'm cool with Corrine.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's official. Kamui's default name in English is Corrin.

I personally liked Kamui better but I'm cool with Corrine.
You've seen the character creation screen or is the name final?

Either way, the default name itself isn't that bad since "Spear Bearer" gives him/her the sense that they're powerhouses.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
You've seen the character creation screen or is the name final?

Either way, the default name itself isn't that bad since "Spear Bearer" gives him/her the sense that they're powerhouses.
Yep. Still meaningful.

Have you seen Kamui's Nohr and Hoshido promotions yet? They look awesome and I like the Hoshido promotion a little more. Nohr promotion will let you use tomes while Hoshido let's you use starves. Pretty awesome of how this can be incorporated into Smash. Like one of your specials or smashes changing, If you choose the Nohr alt, you can have access to tomes NOT like Robin or if you choose Hoshido, you can use a starve to heal a small percentage of health.

Last edited:
Top Bottom