• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

shane3x

Saint of Swords
With roy now coming back I dont think we will see kamui until the next smash game when lucina gets dropped. I think robin is too unique for him to be dropped and Ike and Marth will stay around, doubt roy still be back for smash 5.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Something I was mentioning at the Anna board, could the SMT X FE characters influence in having future FE characters? Or would they be Atlus characters?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, our boy was confirmed. The fate of Kamui is in our hands. Time to vote in the Ballot.
Yes, I knew it had to come down to this soon as he was leaked. Still interested in who are the last few pre-ballot characters since the data miners can dig it up after the patch.

At least we have the Japanese FE fans on our side since the game being hyped there and its release this month should be enough for them to think about voting in the ballot.

As for Sakurai's attendance at the upcoming concert, I doubt it's going to be anything special unless another Fire Emblem character's file is uncovered in the future.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Yes, I knew it had to come down to this soon as he was leaked. Still interested in who are the last few pre-ballot characters since the data miners can dig it up after the patch.

At least we have the Japanese FE fans on our side since the game being hyped there and its release this month should be enough for them to think about voting in the ballot.

As for Sakurai's attendance at the upcoming concert, I doubt it's going to be anything special unless another Fire Emblem character's file is uncovered in the future.
*too many FE characters intensifies*

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
To me, Roy's pre-ballot leaked inclusion only rules out male FE lords from the ballot to avoid a drastic gender imbalance for the series. Definitely calling that we're really going to get a sixth FE character. Kamui or a unique female character representing a class not seen in Smash are to be expected by me. Either way, someone at GameFAQs is going to whine (No real disrespect intended) about "niche game" having six reps.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am looking at the new Roy render at the top right corner, and just realised... Roy looks quite a lot more like Eliwood than ever in his new artwork!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Am looking at the new Roy render at the top right corner, and just realised... Roy looks quite a lot more like Eliwood than ever in his new artwork!
Dem Strong Genes.

Yet :4myfriends: looks NOTHING like Greil.

And :4lucina: could cross-play :4marth:

#FEChromosomes

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*too many FE characters intensifies*
*Salty Smash fans intensifies*

To me, Roy's pre-ballot leaked inclusion only rules out male FE lords from the ballot to avoid a drastic gender imbalance for the series. Definitely calling that we're really going to get a sixth FE character. Kamui or a unique female character representing a class not seen in Smash are to be expected by me. Either way, someone at GameFAQs is going to whine (No real disrespect intended) about "niche game" having six reps.
As long as it's from a recent game or even an upcoming FE title like IF, this is what I can see happening. As much as I want my Ephraim, his time had passed and the more recent Aqua is arguably more relevant than him. Definitely not going to be a SMT x FE character since more "animu" things in Smash would upset the fandom.

Speaking of Aqua, I'm still surprised that no one even thought about making a support thread for her. But like how things went with the three Awakening leads (Lucina, Robin, and Chrom) pre-Smash U/3DS, she is still considered Kamui's competition since they are equally as prominent in the plot if we look at the trailers.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dem Strong Genes.

Yet :4myfriends: looks NOTHING like Greil.

And :4lucina: could cross-play :4marth:

#FEChromosomes
Ike looks nothing like Greil? Hm, yeah he lacks the croocked nose, scars and brown hair but in terms of personality, Ike pretty much matures into being Greil in FE10. FE9 Ike indeed looks nothing like Greil.

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
I would much rather prefer Aqua over Kamui; I loved that Robin's spells gave him/her a different playstyle compared to the standard sword wielders we see from Fire Emblem. Aqua uses a Lance, I could certainly see that lending to a new and fun moveset.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ike looks nothing like Greil? Hm, yeah he lacks the croocked nose, scars and brown hair but in terms of personality, Ike pretty much matures into being Greil in FE10. FE9 Ike indeed looks nothing like Greil.
Personality =/= Looks.

The hell kind of bananas are you smoking.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And now I'm pretty tempted to make a brand new support thread for her. But what I need is to know some more background on her role (no spoilers) or think of a moveset since it's practically confirmed that she (like everyone else) can use the Dragon's Vein for environmental manipulation. Here's to hoping that @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever doesn't beat me to the punch like the last time.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would much rather prefer Aqua over Kamui; I loved that Robin's spells gave him/her a different playstyle compared to the standard sword wielders we see from Fire Emblem. Aqua uses a Lance, I could certainly see that lending to a new and fun moveset.
Alright, the new Aqua thread is finally complete and I've made sure to fully separate it from Blue's thread by talking about the important parts of her character. And don't you worry, I won't be posting the more serious spoilers next month since it would ruin the experience for anyone interested in the game.

Anyways, why don't you take a look at it and decide if you want to be the first supporter. Same goes for anyone else who's interested in the lance wielding songstress like
@N3ON and @skaaaa. ;)

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-smash-dlc-fire-emblem-amie-confirmed.406138/

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait....

Aren't you not allowed to have 2 threads of the same character
This thread is about Kamui while my thread is about Aqua. The part that talks about her in his OP is only referring to her role in the game since she's technically his only competition for the FE If slot. :troll:

Burruni

Smash Hero
This thread is about Kamui while my thread is about Aqua. The part that talks about her in his OP is only referring to her role in the game since she's technically his only competition for the FE If slot. :troll:
Oh.
I thought you meant...
Nevermind.
I'm a dumb.
Thought Blue made an Aqua thread too

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
And now I'm pretty tempted to make a brand new support thread for her. But what I need is to know some more background on her role (no spoilers) or think of a moveset since it's practically confirmed that she (like everyone else) can use the Dragon's Vein for environmental manipulation. Here's to hoping that @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever doesn't beat me to the punch like the last time.
Sorry dude, but when Mario is involved somehow I wanna nab it.
But I can try to make a special moveset.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Never mind the fact that Kamui has a different style of sword-wielding from Ike, Marth, and Lucina...

I really hate how when people just see the sword in Kamui's hand and automatically thinks "lol generic sword user!1!1!1!!!!"

Considering that we've seen some different abilities of Kamui shown so far, they would bring something new to the table like Robin. Dragon's vein, Dragon stone, partial transformation, the new weapon from their promoted class, etc... There's just so much to learn about Kamui's abilities, so please don't assume they would be a "generic swordsman"

I'm sorry but this is quite irritating. We've already seen what would make Kamui a unique fighter and there's much more to witness when If comes out and yet people are still reducing them to "generic swordsman"

You're essentially judging Aqua and Kamui only of what they wield. Nothing else of their abilities. To praise Aqua for just having a lance and put down Kamui for having a sword is so shallow.

As of Aqua being in Smash, all I think of a lance-wielding Jiggypuff for some reason.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As of Aqua being in Smash, all I think of a lance-wielding Jiggypuff for some reason.
More like the love child of Bandanna Dee and Jigglypuff.

Damn it, I can't really unsee that at all. I hope no one plans on actually making that image. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ehh..its shin megami tensai X fire emblem not smash X fire emblem.
Really? Where's the fanservice and cell shaded animu graphics? :troll:

With Fire Emblem's huge popularity in Japan, there's no stopping the possibility of certain Lords being heavily requested (even with Roy being confirmed). It's only a matter of if Sakurai would give in to his bias again.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or I think the only thing is hurting Kamui's chances is that there is quite a bit of Fire Emblem characters in SSB4? Adding Kamui would be 6 characters. That would be interesting actually. Well, for me.

Marth, Ike and Roy would represent the older Fire Emblem games while Kamui, Robin and Lucina would represent the newer games.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is it just me or I think the only thing is hurting Kamui's chances is that there is quite a bit of Fire Emblem characters in SSB4? Adding Kamui would be 6 characters. That would be interesting actually. Well, for me.

Marth, Ike and Roy would represent the older Fire Emblem games while Kamui, Robin and Lucina would represent the newer games.
I can see it as that being the case. There's that first part and the fact that he might not have enough ballot support after the game's release in Japan (giving them at least 4 months to vote until closure).

The last part seems about right to me with the wide range of Fire Emblem representation. Awakening with the most due to it being the biggest title in a while and one for the most recent title that might blow the former out of the water. There's just about a few weeks left until we can see the Famitsu scores and know if the game is truly successful.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
I can see it as that being the case. There's that first part and the fact that he might not have enough ballot support after the game's release in Japan (giving them at least 4 months to vote until closure).

The last part seems about right to me with the wide range of Fire Emblem representation. Awakening with the most due to it being the biggest title in a while and one for the most recent title that might blow the former out of the water. There's just about a few weeks left until we can see the Famitsu scores and know if the game is truly successful.
True. I didn't consider the ballot votes. FE14 has pretty strong marketing in Japan now, So I imagine a lot of the ballot votes is coming from that. If Famitsu gives the game a good score, you can bet on more ballot votes. There is also the Fire Emblem concert on July 25, I don't think Sakurai will make an Smash Annoucement however I do think the concert in general would give If more exposure, resulting in more ballot votes.

That is, depending on the Famitsu scores. I wouldn't worry through. Intelligent Systems is going all-out on If. They want to keep the Awakening audience while not alienating the Veterans.

I'm confident that If will do well in Japan. I heard the special edition pre order is apparently sold out all ready.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Fire Emblem bias is the new Kid Icarus bias.

Just add Kamui so it can all intensify!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's not healthy to have that much salt... It might kill you..
Too bad the Smash fans will never realize that. When they see a character they don't like, the amount of sodium could reach astronomic levels because they hate Fire Emblem.

Even Gamefaqs wants the same thing to happen since they feed on the misery of the fandom like a colony of trolls. :shaker:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
I could wait untill smash 5. The problem is that there will cerntenly be a new fire emblem game before smash 5...

The only way i see it happening now is if they keep making Dlc characters for a very long time AND kamui getting really popular.

But the ballot will close before FE:if release in europe and us, so that might not be happening...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Fire Emblem If is now Fire Emblem Fate hype!
What are the release dates for the games?
All it said was 2016 and no real date. One thing for sure is that avoiding spoilers for the rest of this year will not be easy.

At least we got a glimpse of Kamui's English voice and he sounds vaguely like Troy Baker. Aqua's singing was just so beautifully done and I was hoping that the voice acting would actually be as good as the Japanese version.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I have to say, with the game being released next year. My opinion for hopes for a DLC character from there... you can really say.

I challenge thy Fate!

...I'll see myself out.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
are only 1 game confirmed?
Are english names confirmed?

Kamui and Nohr king voices was a little bit wierd, otherwise cool trailer.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
are only 1 game confirmed?
Are english names confirmed?

Kamui and Nohr kings voices was a little bit wierd, otherwise cool trailer.
Yes and yes.

I do agree that the Nohr King sounds a bit generic while Kamui's voice is too deep. Maybe they were following the stereotypes that all dragons need that deep and gruff voice to sound fearsome.

Top Bottom