• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Drown me in ink? I wonder what does Kamui and Inkling have in common other than being... overhyped costumizable protagonists .... of a new game...

Splatoon x Fire Emblem confirmed? :troll:
Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa... Whoa Whoa... Whoa. Inkling? Overhyped? *prepares inkstrike*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa... Whoa Whoa... Whoa. Inkling? Overhyped? *prepares inkstrike*
*hides in ink*

Whoah there squid kid, I'm not saying overhyped as being a bad thing. But I'm saying both are similar in terms of new faces that a mass would want to be featured in Smash. Please don't reduce me to a bloody inky mess!

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
What do you think I charge so much for?
I get a 60% Mark up on all clothing I sell.
I can afford some mercenaries.
Could you simple down this comment? I... don't get... these words

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.

Peg. Knights are now Peg. Warriors and can be both male and female, based on the interview as of late.

It's cool though. Gender Equality and what not. We also get Female Barbarians.

Edit: English version

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So.

Peg. Knights are now Peg. Warriors and can be both male and female, based on the interview as of late.

It's cool though. Gender Equality and what not. We also get Female Barbarians.

If only there was a barbarian under the name of Dave that had "Bejabbers!" as a catchphrase. He would also have a brown mullet, muscular appearance, and a magic talking sword for a weapon.

That would have been a funny, yet ironic reference that the localization team could do. :troll:

Burruni

Smash Hero
If only there was a barbarian under the name of Dave that had "Bejabbers!" as a catchphrase. He would also have a brown mullet, muscular appearance, and a magic talking sword for a weapon.

That would have been a funny, yet ironic reference that the localization team could do. :troll:
Dammit.

Why'd you go and make me want this?

Why does this internet exist to make my heart want things that will never happen....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why does this internet exist to make my heart want things that will never happen....
For the same reasons why rumors and leaks are a thing. To get people exited for an idea only to get disappointed in the end or for an idea to seem impossible.

That also why Tharja will never be in Smash since she's too sexy for the E+10 rated Smash. A Dark Mage would be interesting, but it wouldn't work since people would use the "muh bias" complaints.

But seriously, Japan needs to know how awesome that show is so that Nintnedo would feel obligated to create a light hearted parody of that barbarian. :(

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Should've been in over Ryu.
Which is more of a reason why Square should negotiate having him in Smash 5. As a matter of a fact, we should have a majority of the newcomers be mages so that people can forget the swordsman.

That is, if the company don't suffer the same fate as Konami and go for a mobile only future (R.I.P.). :urg:

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
So somebody translated Charlotte's description and it's giving me way more hope for characters who aren't some cookie cutter walking overused trope in FE:IF.
So excited~

On a related note, how exactly should spoilers be handled? Just tag them, or avoid posting them altogether?

That is, if the company don't suffer the same fate as Konami and go for a mobile only future (R.I.P.). :urg:
Konami is still making Arcade games, IIRC, so let's be thankful that Square isn't taking that route.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Which is more of a reason why Square should negotiate having him in Smash 5. As a matter of a fact, we should have a majority of the newcomers be mages so that people can forget the swordsman.

Squeenix has FF15, Bravely Second, Dragon Quest 8 3DS, and a number of things to keep them more than healthy in the console Market. We won't be seeing them go the way of Konami anytime soon imo.

Edit: It's not like Konami where they're losing the two biggest man who made it what it became beloved for (Igarashi and Kojima).

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

Damn, Kamui knows that Robin would be needing a Burn Heal after that one.
"Well Kamui, can you tip the scales? You're going to need one heck of a catchy phrase for that one. Also, can you S-support with every character? Or will your family ties prevent such a feat?"

Actually, why are they smack-talking each other? It's not like crossovers can stop Shipping Lords.

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
I will only accept Kamui as a character if their moveset revolves around petting opponents Pokemon-Amie style. >:D

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here is Translated Famitsu scans for June 4th. It's done by the lovely people from Kantopia.

More scans:
https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/06/03/fire-emblem-if-famitsu-scan-translations-all-60415/
So it appears that there are other characters with their own unique transformations? Interesting...

Now I'm starting to think this game is an innovative improvement from Awakening (Even though My Castle and Touch My Waifu/Husbando exists) from a gameplay perspective.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sakurai is doing a mini smash direct on Sunday! Let's hope for Kamui!
Two Fire Emblem characters being confirmed in the Smash Direct would be the best day of my life. Not only we can have a new face with an old veteran, but we can also see the FE haters rage on the Internet. But hey, I expect the same results the day when Ryu is revealed at E3. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Way too soon.
Too soon...
As much as I hate to say it, this is sadly the case. The only way I can see the character being included is if he's revealed at the concert (IF they don't reveal Roy too early) or just being a ballot choice that is picked for Japanese requests. Though that really depends if any character from a recent game is picked by Sakurai for the sake of promoting it like Cross/Elma or Inkling.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I will personally keep hoping it isn't Roy until Roy is revealed.

...So in retrospect, Roy also fits this category of "too soon."

I just realized (8 days later) that according to the top of the page, rinka"s starting clas is me :upsidedown:

Wasnt rinka the name of the tourian rings in metroid?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just realized (8 days later) that according to the top of the page, rinka"s starting clas is me :upsidedown:

Wasnt rinka the name of the tourian rings in metroid?
*Insert obvious Viridi rant about universe references here* :troll:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I will personally keep hoping it isn't Roy until Roy is revealed.

...So in retrospect, Roy also fits this category of "too soon."
That there is true. They did add Roy in Melee before Binding Blade was released after all.

Also, wouldn't characters like Inkling be considered "too soon" as well (even though they were never added in the game prior to their game's release)? Don't get me wrong, they'd be pretty cool to have.

Sakurai works in mysterious ways. Then again, we all got character requests that we know may not even get in yet or not at all.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That there is true. They did add Roy in Melee before Binding Blade was released after all.

Also, wouldn't characters like Inkling be considered "too soon" as well (even though they were never added in the game prior to their game's release). Don't get me wrong, they'd be pretty cool to have.

Sakurai works in mysterious ways. Then again, we all got character requests that we know may not even get in yet or not at all.
And Greninja, don't forget Greninja! We did wind up having him in the main roster even though Pokemon XY came out a year before Smash was released (along with Greninja's surprise reveal in the Smash Direct).

Burruni

Smash Hero

Also, wouldn't characters like Inkling be considered "too soon" as well (even though they were never added in the game prior to their game's release). Don't get me wrong, they'd be pretty cool to have.

Here's my stance on Inklings.

There was a working demo of the game out before Smash 4 was finished, in the age that information goes across the world in INSTANTS.

The pre-release hype alone warranted the costumes. As the game has done so well that various retailers ran out of copies in japan and Nintendo had to do a public apology for underestimating demand, that is HUGE on a system that has habitually been poor in sales and demand.

The game will have been out 4 months before the ballot closes, and half a year to a full year before they'd feasibly come as ballot DLC.

I don't think it'd really be a case of too soon. If it was, would we have even gotten the costumes?

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Here's my stance on Inklings.

There was a working demo of the game out before Smash 4 was finished, in the age that information goes across the world in INSTANTS.

The pre-release hype alone warranted the costumes. As the game has done so well that various retailers ran out of copies in japan and Nintendo had to do a public apology for underestimating demand, that is HUGE on a system that has habitually been poor in sales and demand.

The game will have been out 4 months before the ballot closes, and half a year to a full year before they'd feasibly come as ballot DLC.

I don't think it'd really be a case of too soon. If it was, would we have even gotten the costumes?
Not to mention, Roy was in Melee 5 months before his game was even out in Japan.
The Inklings becoming DLC after both Smash 4 and Splatoon's releases wouldn't be that farfetched.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
And Greninja, don't forget Greninja! We did wind up having him in the main roster even though Pokemon XY came out a year before Smash was released (along with Greninja's surprise reveal in the Smash Direct).
I intentionally excluded Greninja because there was at least some restraint shown when Greninja wasn't revealed until 6 months after Pokemon X and Y came out.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
There need to be some kirbys and donky kongs and stuff before a new fire emblum or people would get mad.

it would make sense to wait with releasing FE if Character Untill atleast some months before Us release of FE if. we don't even know the english name or voice actor yet.

Still wouldn't hate if Kamui was confirmed tho.

Here is a new trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjNpjczdMcA&spfreload=10
i would look up a translation, but it could be kind of spoilery

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There need to be some kirbys and donky kongs and stuff before a new fire emblum or people would get mad.

it would make sense to wait with releasing FE if Character Untill atleast some months before Us release of FE if. we don't even know the english name or voice actor yet.

Still wouldn't hate if Kamui was confirmed tho.

Here is a new trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjNpjczdMcA&spfreload=10
i would look up a translation, but it could be kind of spoilery
Let me guess, you found this from Spoilerxplain? They also were responsible for informing us of a leaked Hyrule Warriors 3DS port too.

Top Bottom