• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Falco player.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Well, I've just made Falco my 3rd main. I like his play style.

I know that he plays alot different then my other two mains, so I need some basic beginner tips.

I've got his chain grab (run and walk) to spikes down already.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Learn to laser (standard B)
This includes SHDL and SHL. Works well for an approach and lots more.

Know the conditions when his shine is effective (you could refer to my thread in my sig)

Actually, I could go for ages, maybe read Enouchuout's guide here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176342 (however follow his link to the allisbrawl forums for an even more updated version)

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Learn to laser (standard B)
This includes SHDL and SHL. Works well for an approach and lots more.

Know the conditions when his shine is effective (you could refer to my thread in my sig)

Actually, I could go for ages, maybe read Enouchuout's guide here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176342 (however follow his link to the allisbrawl forums for an even more updated version)
Well, alright, though I rather prefer videos.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Well for a start you could watch Sethlon's videos (Both in the enouchuout's guide which I posted, and in the video thread)

0Room

Smash Lord
I agree with Fluke.
Lasers are the bread of Falco's metagame, and of course.
Hands off my bread.
:D

But anywho, learn to laser, SHL, SHDL, and of course the all imporatant
Phantasm Cancel.

Phantasm, then press B right before you hear the "shing" noise, and you'll go a shorter distance.
[insert Grand Theft Auto gun shop guy clip about learning to love it]

Anyway, Hope this helps :]
Good luck.

BsdKid4ever

Smash Cadet
Since you can CG, I suggest learning how to do dlx/gattling combo, boost smash, boost pivot grab, and, heck, even try a reverse jump-canceled Usmash. All of these are good to do in a chain grab when a spike isn't possible.

Top Bottom