• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new DK guide?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
New DK guide anyone? I can't really stand the current one this forum has.

Idea One

I think we should get a couple of knowledgeable DK players to make up a FAQ/guide. It should include active DK forum goers as well as well known players and they would express their opinions on each of DK's moves and strats. It's very hard to explain....but the Roy forum does it very well. Check out the Roy FAQ:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=51441

It begins with a explaination of advanced techs and such, then the second part explains Roy's moveset. Example for those too lazy to click:
Forward Tilt:
A quick strong slash.
Damage 8-10%
Total: 40
Hit: 9-13
IASA: 40
MookieRah: This is like a mini f-smash. It comes out quick and it's wind down lag is less than the f-smash. I use this against smash happy Marths and Roys because it will come out quicker than their smashes.
Azen: I don't use this much, like the neutral a I would rather do a down+tilt or forward smash instead of this.
Neo: This should mainly be used as in edge guard/spaced moved. Many people won't expect the range and considerate speed of an ftilt near the edge and therefore may fail to DI it, however in combat if spaced it can also be helpful so it's more of a conditional attack.
Rebel581: A mini-fsmash. If your opponent out speeds you use this. Or just to knock them off the edge with a quicker attack so you can edgeguard them.

Down Tilt:
A ducking stab attack.
Damage 6-10%
Total: 57
Hit: 8-10
IASA: 20
CANNOT BE INTERRUPTED BY SHIELD
MookieRah: Wow, this is one amazing move, definitely one of his best IMO (if not the best). It sets up for great combos at low percent, has great range, decent damage, is pretty fast, is a relatively safe to pull off, and knocks the opponent upwards where you can combo them at low to moderate percents.
Azen: r0x0rs move, this sets up for any aerial, or even for simple forward smashes against the gravity chars. Abuse it :D. It barely has any lag either.
Neo: Roy's best tilt, it can be cancelled with a jump, a dash, or another tilt. Also a defensive move as well, keep this as a main part of your strategy when canceling aerials but don't spam it because it gets predictable.
Rebel581: If not Roy's best move, one of them. This move has an infinite amount of possibilities and completely destroys fast-fallers.

Idea Two

A well thought out character matchup list that- Pros, Cons, Counter Stages. This shown well in Tipman's Ganondorf guide:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=59396
Example:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ganon vs C.Falcon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ganon
+Power
+Range
+/Weight
+/Edge guarding
-/Evasive tactics
-/Lag
-/Speed
-Mobility
-Air mobility
-Recovery

C.Falcon
+Mobility
+Air mobility
+Edge guarding
+Evasive tactics
+Lag
+/Speed
-/Range
-/Weight
-/Power
-Recovery

*Diagonal up Ftilts often break up C.Falcon's SHFFL'd attacks.
*Reverse Uair... best... edgeguard... EVER!
Stage CounterPicks
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

C.Falcon
*C.Falcon can combo Ganon from grabs fairly easily.
*Utilt is actually useful for edge guarding unlike Ganons.
*SHFFLd nairs can suffocate Ganons game.
Stage CounterPicks
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland

NOTE ON COUNTER STAGES: Ganon seems to do a lot better in situations where he cramps C.Falcons space but that doesn't necessarily reflect on the out come of certain matches. Some of these counter stages may be more based on preference than their countability (um, hope that made sense).

??? Just a thought. *btw, I don't care if Brawl is right around the corner :p*

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I'll give my input where needed if you want. haha, too lazy to start my own lists though. Just set it up and i'll give a few tips

***edit*** If anyone wants a little DK advice and i'm not on the boards, my Aim screenname is THEMEXICAN2o9 . If i'm online and not busy, i'd be happy to help you out

halfDemon

Smash Lord
I'll give my input where needed if you want. haha, too lazy to start my own lists though. Just set it up and i'll give a few tips

***edit*** If anyone wants a little DK advice and i'm not on the boards, my Aim screenname is THEMEXICAN2o9 . If i'm online and not busy, i'd be happy to help you out
Added. Thanks in advance.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
well if somebody can hook us up with a Bum interview or somethin like that
NJzFinest, you should start it up, you've got the most experience out of all of us in writing guides

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Carl, you should come to the cave tourney this weekend and all 3 of us can talk about it :p

edit: HD $MM?

Top Bottom