• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new Combo mabey?

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I'm not sure, but I've made a (perhaps) new Combo that usually works I call it Rocketing , It's an Up Throw(with any pikmin but blues and purples)->an Up air->and Up-B, it is't too flashey but it's simple to pull off and works on most characters. I'm not sure if this is or isn't new but I desided I should post to let my fellow Olimar's know, since we could use more combos.

Rocann

Smash Lord
the pikmin chain part is easily dodgeable and punishable but uthrow to uair is solid. uthrow - uair - uair works sometimes and it's way less risky than anything else, if they fastfall back down to you just nair it'll cancel anything they have unless they're peach luigi or game n watch or anyone with disjointed hitboxes but metaknight

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
the pikmin chain part is easily dodgeable and punishable but uthrow to uair is solid. uthrow - uair - uair works sometimes and it's way less risky than anything else, if they fastfall back down to you just nair it'll cancel anything they have unless they're peach luigi or game n watch or anyone with disjointed hitboxes but metaknight
Upair instead of nair against people with disjointed hitboxes, this beats most of them.

Rocann

Smash Lord
well who would come down on you, I mean if they FF to your side and you didn't do it fast enough, no marth is going to try and dair you when they just got comboed straight up and no one else is gonna have enough range to try and get you from straight above. fair is good but kind of short range even when perfectly spaced compared to a lot of people and when the ground isn't there to cancel it's laggy. best to just get back to the ground and mindgame them, usually I empty shorthop and then after the airdodge go up and uair again, then hyphen smash under them and wait for them to airdodge into the ground to release. sometimes this is actually an easy KO but will only work once or twice

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I was posting in reply to your original post of after the two upairs. You said to nair, I said to upair as that beats G&W, Link, TL and a few others.

Yeah.. no idea why you mentioned... EVERYTHING in your reply post.

asob4

Smash Champion
i would think this would only be useful against marth's and ROB's since they have that blindspot beneath them and can build that damage on them for that kill
everyone else you can just d-throw combo

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
The Up B manuver is good for low ceilings, and there are two characters so far who this can't be done against, Lucas, and Squirtle.

Rocann

Smash Lord
either way up b offensively on the whole is one of olimar's safest options, you can short hop them and throw them out fairly rapidly and be completely safe an entire chain distance away from your opponent and back to the ground before they get halfway to you. the fact that it hits as it goes out is amazing, you don't even have to worry about spacing at ALL because it'll hit them as it goes and carry them out or it'll nail them with the tip, and if they're too far for THAT then they have no way to punish anyway. so perfect aim = perfect safety

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
either way up b offensively on the whole is one of olimar's safest options, you can short hop them and throw them out fairly rapidly and be completely safe an entire chain distance away from your opponent and back to the ground before they get halfway to you. the fact that it hits as it goes out is amazing, you don't even have to worry about spacing at ALL because it'll hit them as it goes and carry them out or it'll nail them with the tip, and if they're too far for THAT then they have no way to punish anyway. so perfect aim = perfect safety
I don't think I've heard Andy say something that I didn't agree with for a while - and I agree one hundred percent. The up b is effective b/c it fits in where olly has no other options...if someone is diagonal above you, you can either wait for them to get near you, or you can up b chase!

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
IMO, it's best to either spam u-b in the beginning and never use it at the end of a match, or only pull it out once or twice a match. Either way, you can throw your opponents off with this wacky move.

shanus

Smash Hero
the up+B can be useful if its a platform stage, if you up+b before you go into the total special fall you land with no lag. Can be kinda neat as you can actually mindgame an air dodge by chaining close to a ground and launching another chain quickly after without paying much lag penalty. I've done it with this combo many times, its kinda fun for variety

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
the up+B can be useful if its a platform stage, if you up+b before you go into the total special fall you land with no lag. Can be kinda neat as you can actually mindgame an air dodge by chaining close to a ground and launching another chain quickly after without paying much lag penalty. I've done it with this combo many times, its kinda fun for variety
on bf, you can jump to side b to up b to get on the middle platform :D...I have a couple vids of me dodging a dk punch by what you described above...:D

Top Bottom