• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new challenger approaches!

Naga

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm Danny. I usually go by the alias Jinkiro, but in light of there already being a Jink on this forum I'll humbly switch to my alter-ego Naga.

I've been using Link since I rented (and never returned) the original Super Smash Bros. for the N64. There were a lot of reasons I chose Link, the biggest of which being my love for the Legend of Zelda series. When melee was released, I realized Link was not exactly the greatest character, and witnessed a lot of my friends switching from their favorite characters to stronger ones for all the wrong reasons. I considered switching, but decided that there's no price on someone's dignity.

That's what has brought me here, to the Smash World Forums to expand my horizon as Link. I'm interested in listening to how others play, and I'd like to make my own contributions as well if they're of value... most of all I'd just like to be part of a community of people who enjoy the game, and Link in particular, as much as I do.

D

Deleted member

let me be the first to say welcome to the link boards and to lend you some helpful advice :D

as you might already know (or not know) the search function is probably your best friend before creating a new thread, search thoroughly before posting a new AT or asking questions.

Since this is the Link boards, we always have the best and most helpful guides, these are the stickies you see at the top of the forum. the first two things you should check out are Izaw's video guide, and Izaw's Combo video. they will help you a lot

again welcome and hopefully we'll be able to help you become a better link

Naga

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the reply/welcome, I was hoping I wasn't the only one online. :laugh:

I've checked out Izaw's first guide, and I'll look into the combo video right now. So far it's exactly what I've been looking for... prior to signing up I've never read a link guide for brawl. I tried reading one for melee and walked away unimpressed, so since then I've relied entirely on experience. After watching some of the fights online, I decided I'd need more than just practice at the character.

Just a quick question before I go back to the videos- what's the general feeling the rest of you get when fighting against sonic? I'm just curious to see if you all suffer the same frustration I do, and if not, if any of you able to hook me up with your anger management psychiatrists.

D

Deleted member

to me sonic is an easy match, sure he's fast but he has only 2 good kill moves and he's really easy to kill. but the only way to deal with that speed is to play defensively and to constantly use your AT's.

Naga

Smash Rookie
Ah, I've only fought sonic in multiplayer a few times, each time it boiled down to basically trying to grab the bull by the horns. I'll try to be more defensive.

Thanks for the welcome, Fear ^^

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
welcome. this sould be in the meet&greet forum, but whatever. I'm no moderator

make sure you use the search feature before creating a thread or else. I'm not threatning you, just a little advice

Lootic

Smash Apprentice
welcome and dont screw up cause then we will flame you. Thats how it works at the link boards. Just think twice before posting new threads and you will be fine. If Aurashade is in a bad mode he can flame you for anything, so WATCH OUT!

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
what up... it's good to have a another link player on the boards. The more the better i guess.

It's uncool switching from one of your favorite characters just because there not good. Links not good, but i still play as him. Could kept playing has TL or Marth if i wanted but didn't.

Good to hear you stuck with your favorite character all the way through the thick and thin.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
It's a god**** game dude. The only dignity you can have is to not ***** when losing.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Welcome. Funny, It reminds me of a certain person (ahem..me actually) that posted a thread about the same thing when first joining the forums. Anyways, welcome again.

P.S. I haven't been able to post vids yet.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Well welcome to the boards of the Hero of Time and hardly bottom tier character, Link. Enjoy your stay and keep your hands and legs inside the vehicle at all times. And watch out for our troll

Naga

Smash Rookie
I have a troll fetish, so hopefully It'll be enough to cause sufficient awkward situations that he'd just turn away from in sheer fear of enjoying it too much. Plus I've got +50% Resistance to Flame and the power of greyskull behind me.

Dignity isn't circumstantial, and I think you're overlooking the meaning of my statement. I didn't mean dignity among the pixels and NPCs, I meant dignity among smash players, a.k.a other people (and sometimes troll-like creatures).

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
Well welcome to the boards of the Hero of Time and hardly bottom tier character, Link. Enjoy your stay and keep your hands and legs inside the vehicle at all times. And watch out for our troll
Link is bottom/low tier. we just gotta live with it. For all of you that think he's higher, good for you.

Our troll? don't we have like 5 or 20 of them?(...not mentioning their wierd usernames...)

Deva

Smash Lord
no u guyz are dumb. Link is teh bezt. he's top tier!!!!!!.........>_>

but yeah, welcome.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Jeje Top, anyway welcome to the boards. And good for you to pick Link. I still say Melee Link is the best version of all Link. In brawl the creators seemed to have the right Idea but in the end they ended up screwing him more that helping him. Still he is not useless, But his recovry **** him up that in order to get high on tournaments you have to play perfect cause one mistake will cost you your stock unlike other characters who can get back or have many alternatives, even Ike if he mess up he has some alternatives.

About Sonic I think he has slight advantage because of speed but that just me. It aint imposible. Against MK I cant find a way to beat him.
Meanwhile againts Snake It aint so bad at all lol.

PS I've been out of the boards cause of summer class and still Failed. **** **** enginering is **** hard.

I want to see MK or Snake vids against Link. Deva , Izaw or any other post if you have some.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
This vid is too old. Snakes around USA and PR are playing way better. So that is why I need recent vids,

That snake doesnt even use his grenade well

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Link is bottom/low tier. we just gotta live with it. For all of you that think he's higher, good for you.

Our troll? don't we have like 5 or 20 of them?(...not mentioning their wierd usernames...)
He ment Aurashade, but he in the capt.Falcon fourms at the moment.

Deva

Smash Lord
lol, yeah, those are old vids, I'll try to get some new ones up, but Kamaji is prolly one of the best Snakes in the US right now, fyi. Can't really tell though since there hasn't been a national tournament yet.

Top Bottom