• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A move to make things F-air

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Yes! the wordplay is intentional (for those who don't get it I changed Fair to F-air).

Ike's F-air (Forward Air) is probably Ike's fastest attack (maybe the punch is faster who knows) and deals nice (really nice) damage.
The one problem it has, its afterlag it has quite a bit of it, but fortunatly we can cancel with the new fastfal L-cancel.

Yes, Ike still has hope to become usable

Take a look at this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m491-eyQApY

yes the Ike there sucks *** but pay attention to the multiple F-airs he makes, and notice they come out fast (compared to other Ike moves).

Perhaps Ike will keep the tradition of Fire Emblem characters using the F-air as their main attack (Marth)

So... tell me what you think!

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
It does seem to be a f-air-ly quick move.... sorry... i couldn't help myself

But it looks to have a little bit of startup lag as well. Nothing to terrible but enough to make you have to plan ahead for using it. I don't think you could use the short hop to f-air with the start up lag and then still L-cancel the attack... It would most likely have to be a full jump.

But i am liking how it looks... only a month (give or take a few days) left!!

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
All of his aerials come out fairly quick from what people have said. Maybe his f-air is his quickets one though, and from what Gimpy said in his thread, Ike isnt very laggy after his attacks, they just have the startup/animation lag.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Nah, Ike's B-air is his quickest move.... I cant find a vid of it though...

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Ike's F-air is his slowest aerial, it has huge startup lag. It's the N-air that you're confusing it with, which looks similar.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Ike's F-air is his slowest aerial, it has huge startup lag. It's the N-air that you're confusing it with, which looks similar.
=S

Well the one I say looks a lot like Marth's F-air thats why I assumed it was he's F-air.

But theres always the possibility of it being N-air yes.

•Col•

Smash Champion
=S

Well the one I say looks a lot like Marth's F-air thats why I assumed it was he's F-air.

But theres always the possibility of it being N-air yes.
Look in the Ike's Normal Moves Discussion thread; it lists all of his moves (aside from his special).

Also, here's a vid where Ike uses his B-air: http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=4pu5t22FPb4
He does it at :35, right after he gets hit with Pikachu's Thunder.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Ike is a beast on the ground, but when I played, it would take 1 Airial attack to crack open that Smash Ball. And just one good attack to make the opponent cough it up. There's a reason why I want to main him, I tried him, I pwned and I know for sure his Air's can do some damage. His speed can be compared to Shiek in that you can sort of make him flow.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
ike's forward air is one of his slowest moves, it has a longer activation time than ganon's fair easily, let's not jump to conclusions please.

it's probably also stronger than you think as well

and no, his speed cannot be compared to sheik AT ALL

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Alrright I checked out more videos and ineed is the N-air the attack I was refering to.

Please Excuse my miss-information.

If jab attacks can still make oponents come back to their feet if they are in the ground, I can see some N-air to A+A (double Jab) combos (can 2 back to back attacks be considered combos?) to at least rack some damage to get that kill.

OperationJonny

Smash Cadet
Under your bed, making the face in my icon.
With enough L-cancels, and just timing and rolls, I'm sure he can be fast with correct timing, and good use of tilt attacks. Hell, I've made Ganondorf a fast fighter, without cancels and just using the right attacks at good times. XD

His damage is amazing, too. I love his capability for Free for Alls, I've always been a huge fan of those, although I love 1-1s just as much.

Top Bottom