• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A lot like Mewtwo???

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Ugh, Mewtwo is an UBER TIER POKEMON ONLY IN THE POKEMON GAMES. In real life, Lucario would whoop his shaved, feline ***.
Please tell me you were joking... REAL LIFE?? Pokemons are fictitious and the only way to make them fight is through games, or at most the anime, but still Lucario loses in that sense.
And IMO M2 looks more like a squirrel(giant tail, standing on two feet? not very cat-like) than he does to a feline.
M2 is better than Lucario, and that's a fact.
If you like Lucario better, so what? It's you're opinion, just as I like M2 better.
@Eisenherz: Don't bring things up and then dismiss other peoples arguments based on nothing(or in your case fanboyism).

And I actually used M2 because of his moveset(nair, dsmash, shadowball, teleport, dtilt, he was fun to play even if he sucked competively). And I rather play good RPGs than the "new"sameoldstuff pokemon games, so any chance of being a fanboy ,and anyone trying to dismiss me due to that, is gone.

ON-TOPIC: This thread started with a simple question: is Lucario like M2?
The answer(in smash, obviously) is yes. Argue as much as you want but Lucario and M2 are the closest two characters have gotten in smash without being clones.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is not as cool or as awesome Mewtwo, and that is that.

Opinion =/= fact. Go back to fourth grade.

@NeoZ: You know what he meant, and you also fail. Mewtwo is NOT better than Lucario. To say so is just opinion. The same goes for Lucario fans (even though I take Lucario's side in this).

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Yeah, but still... saying stuff like that while arguing doesn't leave you very well.
Let's just let this thread die, as the question was already answered and this turned into discussion that is clearly going nowhere.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Opinion =/= fact. Go back to fourth grade.
Every single thing you have said in this entire thread has been nothing but your own opinion. Calling out someone else for stating their own opinion in an opinion based discussion that you yourself started is quite a piece of work.

You have steered this thread from originally being about Lucario in Brawl being similar to Mewtwo in Melee which in and of itself has already been discussed extensively in another thread, to nothing more than you and other people arguing about who is cooler and better. There is nothing wrong with debating subjects like that, but when you do it in an unreasonable manner, it becomes pointless and does nothing but annoy people.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Every single thing you have said in this entire thread has been nothing but your own opinion. Calling out someone else for stating their own opinion in an opinion based discussion that you yourself started is quite a piece of work.

You have steered this thread from originally being about Lucario in Brawl being similar to Mewtwo in Melee which in and of itself has already been discussed extensively in another thread, to nothing more than you and other people arguing about who is cooler and better. There is nothing wrong with debating subjects like that, but when you do it in an unreasonable manner, it becomes pointless and does nothing but annoy people.

I've just been sharing my opinion like everyone else, except I don't shove it down other's throats and call it fact.

Also, it is clear that you are a Mewtwo fan, and that's why you're calling me out.

I do know one thing that's a FACT though. Everyone needs to shut up and just let this die.

infernovia

Smash Ace
I do know one thing that's a FACT though. Everyone needs to shut up and just let this die.
I found this hilarious. I mean a troll wanting to stop an argument? Who would have thought?

I've just been sharing my opinion like everyone else, except I don't shove it down other's throats and call it fact.
Edit: You know what, I am going to do what I should have done before.

*smiles and nods*

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet

Also, it is clear that you are a Mewtwo fan, and that's why you're calling me out.

CH: (laughs)

Just smile and move on people.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I do not recall using the word fact in my previous statements.

I do believe I made it very clear that I am more of a fan of Mewtwo than of Lucario.

Agreed. This is my last post in this thread.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
The fact is Mewtwo and Lucario share a lot of traits in their movesets. Mewtwo had a lot of deceptive range, Lucario has deceptive range.

Mewtwo was all about combos, Lucario is all about combos.

Lucarios's forward smash is pretty much identical in power and visual appearance as Mewtwo's, except it's range has been increased and hits higher than Mewtwos. Lucario's upsmash is EXTREMELY similar mechanics wise to Mewtwo's, the difference of course being that Mewtwo's was a multi-hit while Lucario's is a single powerful hit, the duration of which the move stays out is similar.

Then the obvious things like aura sphere and extreme speed.

Their fairs are similar in both their combo-ability and their fucntion, it's just that Lucario's fair has A LOT more reach and is way better. Nair is visually similar, although Lucario's has some very different mechanics with it.

Uptilt is pretty much the same as Mewtwo's except better ranges in front and behind of Lucario, and he uses his foot instead of his tail.

Some of his throw, mainly down throw are visually similar.

As you can see, that is a lot of similarities; however, because Lucario is just way better than Mewtwo ever was, he plays differently. He has a different feel from what everyone has told me (still haven't played, but I'm still fed nifty info from time to time). He actually has a good forward aerial offensive game that Mewtwo lacked. He is way too unique to be considered a clone by any sorts. If anything you could say he is somewhat of a "cousin" I guess. It's obvious their intentions with Lucario was to be a compromise for not having Mewtwo in, they created a new and fresh character from the concepts and groundwork of an old character.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
MookieRah pretty much summed it up, and yes he feels nothing like M2(Lucario falls almost at 3/4 of the speed M2 fell, and Shadowball is way better than AuraSphere) but he does look similar.

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
i wouldn't dought if sakarai made lucario a mewtwo clone just so he didn't dissapoint the fans of mewtwo and so that he didn't have to put both in and worry about the clone problem
Well as a Mewtwo fan in Melee, I would've found that offensive personally, if Lucario was a copy replacement for Mewtwo. But that's just me.

Ugh, Mewtwo is an UBER TIER POKEMON ONLY IN THE POKEMON GAMES. In real life, Lucario would whoop his shaved, feline ***.
Oh, you've seen a Mewtwo and a Lucario in real life? Come to think of it, I might have seen an Articuno fly overhead when I was waiting at a bus stop, but then again, it could've just been a pigeon or something. ;)

Fool. The games are where they originate from. 'Real life' the way you are trying to describe is the Pokémon world from the Pokémon games. What exactly do you consider 'real life' for them?

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
Why is this such a big debate?

Yeah, it's pretty obvious Lucario was based off of what parts of Mewtwo didn't completely suck. You've really got to be blind to not see that.

That doesn't mean he's a "clone" or actually plays anything like Mewtwo or anything like that. They're very different characters in terms of how they approach any given match-up. But in the end, Lucario really is like Mewtwo... if you replaced all of Mewtwo's garbage moveset with stuff that is actually usable.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
As you can see, that is a lot of similarities; however, because Lucario is just way better than Mewtwo ever was, he plays differently. He has a different feel from what everyone has told me (still haven't played, but I'm still fed nifty info from time to time). He actually has a good forward aerial offensive game that Mewtwo lacked. He is way too unique to be considered a clone by any sorts. If anything you could say he is somewhat of a "cousin" I guess. It's obvious their intentions with Lucario was to be a compromise for not having Mewtwo in, they created a new and fresh character from the concepts and groundwork of an old character.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
So you've changed your mind? I thought you thought they were real similar.

@Metzger: It's such a big debate because the "mild" Mewtwo fanboys want Lucario to be a clone, so there are remnants of their precious Mewtwo in Brawl. The "radical" ones however, just flame and cry.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
@Metzger: It's such a big debate because the "mild" Mewtwo fanboys want Lucario to be a clone, so there are remnants of their precious Mewtwo in Brawl. The "radical" ones however, just flame and cry.
Well as a Mewtwo fan in Melee, I would've found that offensive personally, if Lucario was a copy replacement for Mewtwo. But that's just me.
IMo, Its not that i want lucario to be anything like mewtwo, its just pretty obvious based on things peviously explained that some of lucari'o's moveset derive from mewtwo.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
IMo, Its not that i want lucario to be anything like mewtwo, its just pretty obvious based on things peviously explained that some of lucari'o's moveset derive from mewtwo.
I will stand by my statement until all of these **** comparisons end.

See what I mean though? Look at that warmwaterpenguin ******. He created an account just to troll and diss Lucario and his fans. This just further proves my point that Mewtwo fanboys are arrogant, rude, pieces of garbage. Out of all the Mewtwo fans I've met, about two of them are reasonable people.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
lol, using one troll as an example. nice one

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=147684

lucario's not the only one who gets dissed
lol, that's not the only troll fool, take a look around.

What do you call this steaming pile of ****? http://fnrrfygmschnish.deviantart.com/art/Upchukk-vs-Lucario-76781731

And this? http://fnrrfygmschnish.deviantart.com/art/LuGARBAGEo-is-Pika-Nazism-76520084

Hell,THIS stupid **** even admitted he was a troll. http://endpiece.deviantart.com/art/Smash-Meme-77876873

And I'm too lazy to go find other examples, but there are millions out there.

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
lol, that's not the only troll fool, take a look around.

What do you call this steaming pile of ****? http://fnrrfygmschnish.deviantart.com/art/Upchukk-vs-Lucario-76781731

And this? http://fnrrfygmschnish.deviantart.com/art/LuGARBAGEo-is-Pika-Nazism-76520084

Hell,THIS stupid **** even admitted he was a troll. http://endpiece.deviantart.com/art/Smash-Meme-77876873

And I'm too lazy to go find other examples, but there are millions out there.
Oh wait...you're actually being serious?:laugh:

It's funny how you spend your time looking for this stuff. You call them a "steaming pile of ****" and yet you're guilty of the same crime. Hate on Mewtwo and worship lucario. I also find funny that the last guy you posted (Endpeice) gave a clear explanation on why he had a different opinion than you (if it wasn't obvious enough you were Sir lucario) yet you insisted on calling him whiny and defended your furry aura god.

I wouldn't even mind scraping the 'furry' label out of it because I like the PokeMon games. Using the word "fur***" just gets sensitive people to act indignant, and we all share a laugh at those people.

Its just that he's the PokeMon equivalent of Final Fantasy VII - decent, has good points, but heavily overrated in retrospect. Discussing his inclusion on any Smash forum, or even brushing the idea of character lists, is like being a non-football fan during the World Cup - forced to put up with screaming whining idiots with the combined intellect of a pink lunch box.

Take heart - you're not all losers. Just the really loud ones.

-Endpiece​

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
So you've changed your mind? I thought you thought they were real similar.
LOL, they are very similar. Didn't you read my post? They share tons and tons of similarities, but Lucario plays differently because the moves that are similar to Mewtwo are so buffed that you use them in different ways XD. I was never arguing that they weren't different, but people never seemed to acknowledge all the similarities I pointed out.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I will stand by my statement until all of these **** comparisons end.

See what I mean though? Look at that warmwaterpenguin ******. He created an account just to troll and diss Lucario and his fans. This just further proves my point that Mewtwo fanboys are arrogant, rude, pieces of garbage. Out of all the Mewtwo fans I've met, about two of them are reasonable people.
Just looking at your stupid posts makes me hate lucario.

Your last sentence just screams "hypocrite" considering your vast generalizations about mewtwo fans especially since a majority of them in this thread have been reasonable and all you have been doing is coming in guns a blazing and being a dense unreasonable prick. (I couldn't care less if mewtwo or lucario were in brawl anyway, in fact I like lucario a bit better but since I am disagreeing with you you will just call me a mewtwo fanboy out of sheer stupidity and brashness, right?)

Since I know you won't read any of that post anyway I might as well sum it up: Shut the **** up

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Just looking at your stupid posts makes me hate lucario.

Your last sentence just screams "hypocrite" considering your vast generalizations about mewtwo fans especially since a majority of them in this thread have been reasonable and all you have been doing is coming in guns a blazing and being a dense unreasonable prick. (I couldn't care less if mewtwo or lucario were in brawl anyway, in fact I like lucario a bit better but since I am disagreeing with you you will just call me a mewtwo fanboy out of sheer stupidity and brashness, right?)

Since I know you won't read any of that post anyway I might as well sum it up: Shut the **** up

No really, I've met about two that aren't douchebags.

Lucariio

Smash Rookie
Your logic fails. What's it matter? Everyone knows Lucario now. His movie was the reason he got in, and that's the same case wiith Mewtwo.

mmk its not the fact that he is unbelievably powerful in diamond and pearl or that he is just awsome, its because he has a movie? how do u think he got that movie? being a bad pokemon?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mewtwo had to rely on grabs & throws most of the time. Lucario can just smash away with its superior smash attacks.

Dacman

Smash Rookie
With the fighting part, Lucario is much faster than Mewtwo. his jump seems to be the same tho, and Mewtwo had a slight Ness-like Psi second jump. Lucario's attacks also come out much faster, esp. fsmash, which took forever w/ Mewtwo.
I actually tried playin with Mewtwo as a second, but he was too slow for my tastes, I dropped him for Zelda/Shiek. The last problem with Mewtwo is his useless specials. nobody needs to Disable someone standing less than a character length away, and nobody ever uses Side-B, unless used to block projectiles. Lucario is an overall better character than Mewtwo, simply because he takes the best (strength, B attack) and kills the rest (stupid specials and slowness)

Gekigarion

Smash Cadet
MookieRah summed up everything pretty well. While Lucario doesn't play at all like Mewtwo, it's obvious that Lucario's moveset was inspired by Mewtwo's. And yet, though many of the animations and attack properties were based on Mewtwo's moveset, the attacks themselves were changed enough so that the two don't play similarly at all.

For example, though ExtremeSpeed is obviously inspired by Teleport, its application is much different. You're not going to see someone like Taj juking people out or dodging moves with ExtremeSpeed in the way that was possible by Teleport.

Similar moves aside, there are also a lot of moves that aren't similar. Lucario's Dair, for example, stops all momentum he has in the air so he can deliver a few aura-packed kicks below him. Not quite like the tail spike that Mewtwo had at all.

And then there's the whole Aura business in the first place, with Lucario getting stronger and some attacks getting bigger as he takes more damage.

To the OP, I'd say this: just give him a try when you get a chance. I can say a lot of things about their differences and similarities, but the easiest way to find out is to feel it yourself. But if you have further questions, then feel free to ask.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe another reason for Lucario to replace Mewtwo was that it looks far more realistic to see the more punny Pokémon as Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Jigglypuff beat the crap out of Lucario than Mewtwo? Truely, Lucario is just a bit better than avarage in the Pokémon games while Mewtwo is still considered like the 3rd best or something? (He still got his *** kicked by Pichu most of the time in Melee though)

Still, Smash =/= Pokémon Diamond or Pearl.

Anyways, yeah I don't like that they took out Mewtwo too but I don't blame Lucario. Well, sure he's the only thing in Brawl we can call a Mewtwo replacement but they seem different enough though it's SURE that Lucario's moveset is heavily based on Mewtwo's Melee moves.

I consider Lucario as a reworked Mewtwo, pretty much how I saw Zamus as a redone Sheik which unfortunatly wasn't true. I'd rather have Mewtwo in Brawl than Sheik, but that ofcoarse is also just my opinion and bias towards Sheik.

infernovia

Smash Ace
mmk its not the fact that he is unbelievably powerful in diamond and pearl or that he is just awsome, its because he has a movie? how do u think he got that movie? being a bad pokemon?
Have you ever tried jigglypuff in the game? Yeah, terrible. It more than likely IS the movie that made the decision here.

pokemon_legend

Smash Journeyman
well Lucario is sort of like Mewtwo with there standerd special move I mean aura sphere shadow ball
they both charge up and the up
special move extreme speed is abit like telaport so yeah sort of the same and also SOX i dunno why people like metwo he pretty much sucks

Top Bottom