• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A little help

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So I was pretty lucky to get a nifty deal on a PC. If I could fix this non functioning HP Pavilion it would be mine to use/do whatever. If not, then I mean that is free parts for some tech savy people I may run into. HOWEVER I want to really use this and add to it to make it a nice gaming pc, so I'm really hoping to get around this problem.

The issue is that the computer seems to stay stuck on the login screen. I don't even get to see the option too log in to the desired profile. Something I find funny is that it almost looks as if the resolution is messed up (It uses a HD monitor) so I tried a VGA one to see if I could see anything. No luck

Another issue is that it seems I can't even make it to the Safe Mode boot. I try to time the pressing of F8 many times but either keep failing, or the system itself won't let me view it. I wouldn't be afraid to say it's user error.

So maybe the OS is bad? It's a Windows 7 from the looks of it. Should I just buy another Memory thingamajig? Or is this possible salvagable?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Got a boot downloaded and am trying that now. Will post again soon

Managed to boot it, did a system restore and the likes and results are as follows

System Restore points are gone (Not sure if it had any to begin with)
Self Repair ran, nothing was found
Computer resumes start up, stuck at log in screen

John2k4

The End of an Era
If you can, mash F8 right after the BIOS screen (but before Windows logo/loading bar). Choose to boot to Safe Mode & see if you can get in.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I managed to get to the option to start in Safe Mode, however it hangs after choosing the command.

I'm beginning to think that maybe this isn't a problem I can fix and should probably go about figuring out what to replace. I could probably install another OS but I'm not sure if that would at all help either.

Top Bottom