• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A little experiment that i've been wanting to test...

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
For a while now, I've been using luigi's crouch to duck under laser from fox/ falco, but I was thinking about taking crouching a step further.

I've noticed that there's plenty of aerials that have linear/ high reaching hitboxes that normally box luigi out effectively. if luigi can effectively crawl under these aerials, do you guys believe that he may actually have an easier time approaching?

Here are a couple of aerials that may be easier to punish by crawling. This way, you won't have to worry about Luigi's sliding shield. (assuming that aerials are being used at an auto cancel-able height)

- mario's bair
- luigi's bair
- Ike's bair
- marth's nair
- mk's dair camping
- dk's bair
- Ganon's jab?
- Fox's bair and fair
- Falco's bair
- Diddy's fair
- Marth's utilt?
- Link's zair
- Tink's zair?
- Samus's zair?
- D3's bair
- Pit's bair ( This one is pretty odd. You can still be hit by it, but it's almost always sourspotted)
I added on a few more that could possibly be ducked under. I want to actually keep this alive and to organize it a bit, but I may need some help. Any volunteers?

I added a few more attacks to the list. :D

That's what I get for typing on my phone. :l

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Ike's hair is dodgable by ducking, but DK's hair is an entire different story...

makoforce

Smash Ace
^thats crouch cancelling in melee.
Anywho, Ive been stressing that luigi's crawl is one of his greatest abilities. he can crawl under moves. grounded crawl dash has so much potential for spacing and fake outs, and seeing that in brawl walking in better than running you should always be able to pull of a grounded crawldash.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Grounded crawldash?

And I've thought about trying to crouch under some taller characters' grabs, but never bothered to see if we can duck under anyone. I do have a feeling that we can avoid snake's grab though......

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Nah, I went up to both marth and snake, crouched, then grabbed with marth/snake. Both were able to grab me.

I wonder if it's different for a lower crouch like snake's.......

yoshq

Smash Master
this would be awesome except for the fact that good players almost always do aerials while coming down, because they are conditioned already to hit chars like kirby and pika that are short like that all the time.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
For a while now, I've been using luigi's crouch to duck under laser from fox/ falco, but I was thinking about taking crouching a step further.

I've noticed that there's plenty of aerials that have linear/ high reaching hitboxes that normally box luigi out effectively. if luigi can effectively crawl under these aerials, do you guys believe that he may actually have an easier time approaching?

Here are a couple of aerials that may be easier to punish by crawling. This way, you won't have to worry about Luigi's sliding shield. (assuming that aerials are being used at an auto cancel-able height)

- mario's bair
- luigi's bair
- Ike's bair
- marth's nair
- mk's dair camping
- dk's bair
- Ganon's jab?
- Fox's bair and fair
- Falco's bair
- Diddy's fair
- Marth's utilt?
- Link's zair
- Tink's zair?
- Samus's zair?
- D3's bair
- Pit's bair ( This one is pretty odd. You can still be hit by it, but it's almost always sourspotted)
I added on a few more that could possibly be ducked under. I want to actually keep this alive and to organize it a bit, but I may need some help. Any volunteers?

I added a few more attacks to the list. :D

That's what I get for typing on my phone. :l
wow when I first saw this thread I thought it was fail, but crouching seems useful in some situations. I was trying this out on stroumbert on wifi and moves that I didn't think would miss because of crouching missed. I'm going to try this out offline and if it helps me evade better than spotdodging or hold my shield only to get punished for the lag of letting go of my shield then I'll do it more. I'll make more use of this more than you since I use LUigi 24/7 and you use olimar and snake.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I find crouching a bit easier to do when avoiding things such as falco sh lasers or pit arrows (until they direct the trajectory down toward you....)

holyv

Smash Journeyman
but dude, DK`s bair is lagless, wouldn`t it be risky to crouch that? if he misses, he would probably go for the next one, that is almost touching the ground, it would definatelly hit, and when he falls on the ground he still don`t get any lag, forget about the punishing against dks then...

Luigisama

Smash Champion
but dude, DK`s bair is lagless, wouldn`t it be risky to crouch that? if he misses, he would probably go for the next one, that is almost touching the ground, it would definatelly hit, and when he falls on the ground he still don`t get any lag, forget about the punishing against dks then...
I guess it would work only if he's above Luigi.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
he would go for another one and would probably hit with the sex kick, or the strong hit.

Top Bottom