• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A "Highlight Reel"

Blapius

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blapius
3DS FC
1435-6036-1685
I decided that, rather than record and post every match my friends and I do to YouTube, perhaps it would be better to splice together more compact clips of all of the most exciting, hilarious, or "holy ****" moments from our matches. And so, I figured I'd make a "highlight reel" of our good times this past Tuesday (7.29).

Check it out (make sure to click high quality):

Part I
Part II

Mind that this is all from friendlies, and we're just having some fun. These videos aren't necessarily aimed to impress, but primarily to entertain. Hope you guys like 'em.

Elite Seraphim

Smash Rookie
Very cool higlights, they were fun to watch.

Your high quality video looks very clean. What software / codec do you use to export your movies? I use Adobe Premiere Pro but still haven't gotten around to testing all the codecs to see what works best.

Blapius

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blapius
3DS FC
1435-6036-1685
I'm glad that you enjoyed the videos!

As for your inquiry regarding my quality, this is my entire Wii-to-YouTube process:

1. Record movies from the Wii with a Dazzle 170 Platinum as DivX video.
2. A quick pass in VirtualDub to change the audio from VBR (Full Processing Mode), but this does not affect the video because I enable Smart Rendering. The reason for this is that Premiere will not open the file otherwise.
3. I also use Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 to edit, and export the movies from there as Microsoft DV AVI. The export settings I use are default for digital video, I believe.
4. Re-encode the exported video with VirtualDub with the DivX 6.8.4 codec , 1-pass quality-based, target quantizer=1. I also apply a 640x480 resize filter, which is recommended for top YouTube compatibility. This step makes the video smaller in size (faster upload) and look as best as possible on YouTube.

However, I think the level of quality really lies in the Dazzle providing great source material. Hope I could be of at least some help.

Top Bottom