• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a good secondary ?

mariofan292

Smash Cadet
hey im a decent mario player and im not going to totally stray my attention from mr nintendo but i was wondering who would make a good secondary character i dont wanna use luigi not that i have anything against him i just dont wanna use him i guess my point is who would be a good secondary characer for a mario player

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
That's really your choice, you have much more freedom choosing your secondary than your main because you don't have to worry about his counters or anything. Just choose who you like second best and practice with him.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
I agree with matador... use whoever... all of my secondaries are coincidentally low tier XD

Although, I have been using sheik some lately when I need to counter gay with gay. So I wouldn't nessecarily worry about it too much now, but finding a high-teir backup might be a good idea.

Tian

Smash Apprentice
Use who you want, thought i suggest trying out Samus. (Always a great backup to have)

boss8

Smash Hero
fox.or marth.

i only like mario cause he goes off of pure skill mario has no weapons or objects just fireballs,thats why when you pull off something sick with mario it's amazing,but i'd choose fox as a secondary,this is pretty much my list.

mains-mario,dr mario
secondary-fox
for fun-samus, capt falcon,marth

mario-man

Smash Lord
FOX!!!!!

I also use Fox and it rules. Eggz actually told me to use Fox and your Mario will automatically get better. I guess cuz they're pretty similar in a lot of ways. Eggz said it. That was enough for me. Is it for you.......

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Well, ideally, if you're going to be playing in a tournament setting, what you want to do is find a character that does reasonably well in all the matchups that Mario has trouble in. So, you want to find a character that does well in vs. Marth, Peach, Jiggs, Samus, Sheik matchups, because Mario usually has trouble with these characters.

Personally, I use Falcon as my secondary just because he has the same techchase/grab/combo mentality as Mario does, but with better speed, and even better yet, a decent killing move. Otherwise, I'd suggest your basic gamut of top-tier characters--Marth, Fox, and Sheik come to mind.

Zackular

Smash Cadet
Well, my secondary is Peach/Fox, and that's been working out very nice for me. They beat the crap out of all the Marths and Sheiks that I can't beat with my Mario ;D

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
My mains are IC, GaW, Ylink, Mario, and Bowser. I'd honestly suggest Samus as a secondary but if you wanna have a low tier secondary, I'd suggest DK(one of my secondaries) or GaW(cuz he's so sexy).

Top Bottom