• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A gatekeeping FGC player copypasta for your viewing pleasure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
From Reddit:

Right. Okay. You want me to elaborate on why the FGC hates the smash community? Because they don’t care about tradition, they don’t care about respect, they don’t care about proper decorum at a tournament, they don’t understand the history of the games, tournaments, brotherhood, and rivalries the FGC has had over the years. and they don’t care about any of it.

It isn’t about gate keeping. It’s about people not understanding how **** works. It’s about your community being openly and proudly ignorant about things. It’s about the community demanding something from a community they have no ****ing clue about.

The smash community demanded they be apart of something that they had no right to be part of. When EVO and other tournaments started letting smash slide in the smash community immediately ******* and moaned about things not being done “their way”. And they continue to ***** and moan and complain. They want to be off in their own little world but still have the ****ing audacity to demand to be part of ours.

You want your series of games that is just a glorified MUGEN (though I doubt you know what that is since you didn’t know who Terry Bogard was) at this point to be on equal footing with ours? Than ****ing act like you belong. Quit being the angsty teenager who thinks they deserve to get their way because they’re “special”

There’s a lot of people in the FGC that actually really like the smash games. We don’t see them on equal footing for a myriad of reasons. Mostly technical and it doesn’t fit the actual definition of a fighting game. One of the major reasons though is how openly and arrogantly ignorant they are to the scene they’re desperately trying to be apart of.

The smash community isn’t at EVO or CEO or any other major because those TO’s want the community to be there. They’re there to make the TO’s the most money possible. Whether it be through entrees, sponsorships, stream revenue..etc.

MrWizard who runs evo even said after brawl that dealing with smash TO’s was one of the worst experiences he’s ever had but he was going to keep hosting Smash due to how much revenue it brought it.

Maybe if Smash community actually gave a **** about the people’s and players that gave their blood sweat and tears to build the thing they’re so desperately wanting to be apart of maybe the FGC wouldn’t think the smash community was a bunch of whiny brats.

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Nice, but too long and properly spaced.
Doesnt look like a real rant.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Nice, but too long and properly spaced.
Doesnt look like a real rant.
That honestly is what makes it better.

This person was fully salient and cogent when spewing this garbage all over his monitor.

Prison

Smash Cadet
Eh, I've been in both communities, as well as esports for FPS.

They both have pros/cons, but I found more cons in smash communities. Smash was created as a party game, it just so happens to be playable as a competitive game.

While I think the FGC is being babies about letting new people into the 'clique' i see the same 'clique' mentality within the smash community being done to people who picked up the game on Ult, instead of brawl or 4. It's not uncommon for people to want to be apart of something exclusive. I don't think anyone can point fingers, both communities just need to be better, tbh.

This happens in every community, it's not specific to fgcs.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Copy pastas rarely make for good discussion topics. If reddit is where this is from, that's probably the place to talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom