• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Fundraiser for Bionic's Therapy/Medical Bills

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't know anything about his personal situation although I empathize for a variety of reasons

But that being said, I kicked this off to help a friend. If you're questioning why I'm fundraising for a friend as opposed to fundraising for another cause specifically, you probably didn't read or understand the entire OP very well.

Let's leave it at that and move on!

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I apologize

I lashed out in anger about my own situation and extremely misdirected it.

You don't have to accept it acknowledge it or respond to it, you can even mock it and it's well deserve

It just needs to be known that I've thought about it

cemo

white walker
When my student loans go through I will try to help out! My close friends all feel pretty passionately about gender issues so best of luck to you, I know it's hard.

to other people:
you should play this little game http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/591565

Besides, odds are if you're homeless and jobless...it's your own fault. Your life decisions have led you to this point. I feel no sympathy for bums like you.
This is a pretty harsh thing to say, especially if you don't know their situation. and victim blaming is a bad thing. ( Even if they're being a jerk, I know. ) Regardless this thread should be hate free. :)

DeLux

Again, totally empathize with your situation for a variety of reasons, but let's get back to focusing on to the fundraising efforts at hand

Please do not keep going, thanks

DeLux

In a couple days, I'm going to be moving forward with the Chase the Lux part of the fundraiser

I'm more or less going to post about down town and spin lights for an hour and see what sort of magic I can make happen

I'll keep everyone posted how that part goes, but in the mean time, let's keep donations coming! So far we've helped cover one session for Bio, and I'd love to get more done!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
In a couple days, I'm going to be moving forward with the Chase the Lux part of the fundraiser

I'm more or less going to post about down town and spin lights for an hour and see what sort of magic I can make happen

I'll keep everyone posted how that part goes, but in the mean time, let's keep donations coming! So far we've helped cover one session for Bio, and I'd love to get more done!
Do you think you can get videos of you spinning? I'd like to see

DeLux

Haha I'm pretty bad at it actually. I used to be much better when I practiced and stuff and didn't have a completely wrecked shoulder

Mostly the lights are just going to attract people's attention since as long as you keep the lights moving people are enthralled :p

Depends if I can get someone to take video or not. I definitely need pictures to spruce up the twitter and facebook pages though

DeLux

We got $14 from me (via donations mostly through he KC Brawl Scene [T22 being the biggest donor]) that came out to support the first Chase the Lux event

Looking to build some more momentum next week!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I've been close to many people who experience gender dysphoria. I have nothing but support and sympathy. She's done a lot for the community, so hey, why the hell not? I'll be donating when my laptop isn't about to die.

And DeLux, I'm sorry to hear about what happened with your fiancée. Keep being the awesome guy you are.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Since Firefox won't let me edit I'm double posting. I sent $20. Best of luck sister!

DeLux

I disagree on the awesome notion, but I am a guy :p

Thanks for the support for both myself and Bioooooo

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I disagree on the awesome notion, but I am a guy :p

Thanks for the support for both myself and Bioooooo
I remember, I definitely met you at sktar ;p

DeLux

Well for the most part it's below freezing outside so twirling lights for show downtown is a no go

I think I ended up donating like $100ish plus a couple other people donated some in various totals. However I don't know the specifics on the money situation and I'll let Bio fill us in on that if she wants.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
true, was just thinking about this recently and hope she's keeping well

(oh yueah i changed my tag but it should be obvious enough who i am)

DeLux

You're 9999999999999999999999999 from 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.

Duh :p

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Used the money for hormones (these things are magic) and appointments for getting them, although I hit a bit of a snag. My health insurance refuses to cover them (the same one that is the "cheapest" option at $450/mo), and I currently owe a ton before I can make a new appointment unfortunately.

I can't thank everyone enough for their donations. I'm still thinking of a way to make it up to everyone :3

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Used the money for hormones (these things are magic) and appointments for getting them, although I hit a bit of a snag. My health insurance refuses to cover them (the same one that is the "cheapest" option at $450/mo), and I currently owe a ton before I can make a new appointment unfortunately.

I can't thank everyone enough for their donations. I'm still thinking of a way to make it up to everyone :3
lookin' good!

Best of luck with the debt, sorry to hear about the insurance thing thouh. :(

Top Bottom