• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Fox 0-death combo

RPK

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yzz8ecFonQ&feature=youtu.be

So this works on Diddy starting at 7%, but on some characters it can be done at 0% and without even the need to nair them afterwards for the kill. These characters are; Robin, C.Falcon, Dr.Mario, Little Mac are ones that dont need a follow up. For others, it puts them into a position where you can proceed to start D-smash edgeguarding them as you are back on the stage for a good amount of time while theyre spending time tumbling for a bit before going to try and recover. There is a way to footstool to make them fall further, but I need to do more research. Yoshi is another one that you can do this 0-death combo on, but the footstool is the hard part that i need to research. Other characters like Fox, Falco, Ness, Rosalina, Lucario, Pit, Dark Pit are characters that can then be intercepted with a 2nd fair>footstool if you think you can land it on them and live.

This combo works on every character in the cast. And while some it wont be able to kill with a dair>fair>footstool, it can lead into amazing follow ups after the f-tilt lock as you can do anything your heart desires.

Last edited:

RPK

Smash Lord
Oh my god, this is insane, but connecting that in a tournament match seems impossible.
I haven't been to as many tournaments as I should be going, but I have landed it a few times in tournament. They were to characters that were able to live from it. In light of this, I've been developing a combo off of that f-tilt lock that builds as much damage as humanly possible. I've already discovered a 50% combo from Dair, but I'm hoping to push it as far as humanly possible. Looking for a 70-80% combo from Fox with at most 1-2 times that they're able to escape if they time it correctly.

Last edited:

tears in rain

Smash Cadet
Certainly is an impressive combo, no doubt. That F-Tilt, why did Diddy trip? Also, wouldn't a human be able to roll away from the second F-Tilt?

The only issue I have with this is that there are a lot of variables that need to be performed perfectly for this to be effectively carried out.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Certainly is an impressive combo, no doubt. That F-Tilt, why did Diddy trip? Also, wouldn't a human be able to roll away from the second F-Tilt?

The only issue I have with this is that there are a lot of variables that need to be performed perfectly for this to be effectively carried out.
F tilt will make one trip if it's 65, but don't quote me on that, but if It's angled it could trip faster I believe.
But F tilt has fast frame data, so you can almost always do two in a row that's almost impossible to punish.

Last edited:

RPK

Smash Lord

The only variables that need to be met are the opponent not teching the initial Fair, and that they are a low percent. If those conditions are met then this combo is inescapable. They can't roll away after the F-tilt connects as they're in a jab lock which F-tilt is capable of because it has the Sakurai angle. The reason why they don't roll away after the last F-tilt is because after a jab lock you're then made to get up in place. This will force the inplace get up and you then have no choice but to eat the incoming follow up.

nKa ProtoType

Smash Rookie
Looking for a 70-80% combo from Fox with at most 1-2 times that they're able to escape if they time it correctly.
I may be able to help there. If you can lead your opponent to the ledge (or just away from center stage) and get them between as early as 28%-14% (28 being on a Jigglypuff, 41 being on a Bowser), a Bair will send them at a low trajectory and allow you to get a Sour Nair for another Jab lock, granted they don't tech (2nd chance to escape). From here you can follow up with an Up B for 28% or you can try getting an Up tilt -> Fair -> Follow Up, with the added risk of another chance to escape.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Can somebody explain exactly how to fast fall the fair I cannot figure out how to do it consistantly
Delay the f-air a bit after you short hop, then quickly input down as soon as you reach the max height of the short hop. You'll fast fall and f-air spike.

RPK

Smash Lord
Delay the f-air a bit after you short hop, then quickly input down as soon as you reach the max height of the short hop. You'll fast fall and f-air spike.
Actually I do rising Fair, and then fast fall on the 4th hit as to avoid the 5th attack. It also keeps them in enough hitstun for you to get a 100% guaranteed Footstool

EddyAOS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eddy-Chaotic
3DS FC
4141-4272-9573
Actually I do rising Fair, and then fast fall on the 4th hit as to avoid the 5th attack. It also keeps them in enough hitstun for you to get a 100% guaranteed Footstool
That's actually a really good plan.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I thought you couldnt fast fall if you did the rising version?
like from all the messing around I've been doing, whether you can get it to fast fall or not seems inconsistent.
Does anyone know the exact rules/conditions under which you cant fast fall the fair?

EddyAOS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eddy-Chaotic
3DS FC
4141-4272-9573
Honestly I get the crap pounded out of me whenever I play a decent Ness. He just throws PK Flame, traps me, throws it again, traps me, then grabs, hits, fairs, and uairs me in the most annoying combo ever.

RPK

Smash Lord
I thought you couldnt fast fall if you did the rising version?
like from all the messing around I've been doing, whether you can get it to fast fall or not seems inconsistent.
Does anyone know the exact rules/conditions under which you cant fast fall the fair?
The SH version naturally goes down after a few hits of Fair. You're only able to fast fall once youve gone past the apex of a jump and it does go past for sure

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Honestly I get the crap pounded out of me whenever I play a decent Ness. He just throws PK Flame, traps me, throws it again, traps me, then grabs, hits, fairs, and uairs me in the most annoying combo ever.

I can go in a bit more detail on ness later, but if you are on the ground and you get caught in pk thunder and mash a, you can get jab hitboxes out inbetween being hit

Top Bottom