• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few vital questions...

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
I thought, heck, instead of make like three threads, just shove everything into one!

Ok, first off, I read this reallly grand thread on the most noobish things noobs say about ssb.
I'd like to restart the thread, if you will, mostly because that thread is about 50million pages long, and this time i'd like to ask people to NOT comment on other peoples quotes unless they are totally false, we'd save a little space that way.

Mine:
"Why do you jump when you use falco's blaster?"

Another favorite of mine
Noob friend "Haha you suck sooo bad!"
Me: "That's why i'm about to three stock you"
Noob "No, you keep using the Up-b firebird on the edge but all you do is get back on the edge, you can't even get back on the stage! hahhahaah!"

At which point i paused the game and laughed ten times harder than him and after i explained invincibilty frames to him he shut up real quick. priceless.

and last but not least
"How do you attack off the edge with a jump! Every time i press the y button on the edge to jump i can't attack right after!"
I then proceded to teach him the ledge jump. bad idea. why?
He spent his last five stock fast falling off into oblivion. should have pressed away from the stage...

Secondly, i'd like to pose a question. if you could revise the tiers in any way, how would you do it? (justify your changes)

Lastly, who do you think is the best ssb player? (again, justify it)

Metadour out. (i always wanted to do that...)

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
Lol, srsly who do you think you are? o.O

This jumping done by Falco players is part of something called SHL (or Short Hop Laser). With it, you can jump torwards them while spamming lasers,. and fire lasers much faster than normal.

Metadour-2

Smash Apprentice
First of all, i knew the thread already existed. Secondly, those quotes aren't me saying them, i was only that noobish when the frickin game first came out. Now i'm only half noob. kidding. i hope.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Mine:
"Why do you jump when you use falco's blaster?"

Secondly, i'd like to pose a question. if you could revise the tiers in any way, how would you do it? (justify your changes)

Lastly, who do you think is the best ssb player? (again, justify it)
First, like what levaithan_ said, another reason you might use that technique is to catch an opponent when they start to jump, causing them to flinch and they will fall back to the ground.

Why would anyone revise the tiers, they are there for a reason and are notes of tournament characters.

PC chris-There are videos to prove it.

Enough said.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question. I've seen Mods close an interesting thread just when it was getting good and heated, so... why is this one still alive?

Moderator!! *snaps fingers*

p.s. In Meta's defense, he clearly stated his reason for restarting this thread, but in the defense of the universe, I'm afraid that "the other thread was getting too crowded!!" is not a valid excuse.

Banks

Smash Hero
i was tempted to quote his whole post and use that as my noob quote. but i am too lazy to push the quote button.

Top Bottom