• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few questions for you Yoshi mainers.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
1. Do the people you play against often try to footstool spike you when you are recovering?

2. If so, do they often succeed?

3. Is there a reliable way around footstool spiking?

Thanks.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
First off, I don't main Yoshi. Here's what I can say to help.

1. Footstooling is dead around here. No one attempts it.

2. Nope.

3. Toss an egg, rising nair/uair, there are many ways to prevent being footstooled.

Nocher

Smash Rookie
ya, i really don't get footstooled too often after they have been killed even by a single uair. they just do not want to risk their own death

sk3tch

Smash Rookie
The Footstool spike occurred to me once but only because i was going against DK and we both knocked ourselves out of the stage. DK is just big and i just so happen to have been right under him at the wrong time. But as mentioned in the other posts its not much of a threat.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: The only real way to footstool a 100% aware Yoshi is to do it at the very beginning of the DJ.

Any motion other than your double jump motion will not allow you to fall while getting footstooled (people can still footstool off of you, but you won't get stunned and fall). Use this to your advantage by doing basically whatever, even air dodging.

d13f00l

Smash Rookie
1) yes
2) yes
3) don't be under them, uairs are risky off the level, go for nairs and meteor spikes, or dairs

cobaltstarfire

Smash Rookie
1. Do the people you play against often try to footstool spike you when you are recovering?

2. If so, do they often succeed?

3. Is there a reliable way around footstool spiking?

Thanks.

Also, since this is my first post, Hi everyone.:)
1-2.If anyone has ever tried to so much as footstool jump me they have yet to succeed

3. I tend to go over peoples heads, if they are above me for some reason they're probably about to eat a Uair, and/or an egg, or I'm just coming in really low to get the ledge and they're too scared to jump that far down.

Gindler

Smash Champion
1-2. Usually people will just use an attack of some kind. But I have been footstooled a few times but only by computers people seem to forget about it or don't have the timing.

3. Have them fear your Uair and they won't try it.

Nocher

Smash Rookie
gindler said all there is about it. the only time i have been killed by a footstool was by burntsocks here in our yoshi versus yoshi battle 1 in my topic

Top Bottom