• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few minor questions....

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Well, I suppose I haven't asked for advice on matchups via the boards in a long long time, minus via PM's....

But after playing this weekend, I noticed I have problems with two things as ganondorf.

1. When I play a marth, and he uthrows, what can I do?

2. How can I DI Falcon's combos better? I think I do a good enough job already considering I hardly ever get "combo'd" by falcons, but when I do get comboed, its always a death combo that I feel I could have easily avoided.

Thanks in advance.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
1. At low %'s you can not DI and fall on him with a uair. He can't utilt before you get there. By 10-15% this wont work, so you want to DI away and react to what hes doing. If he tries to utilt, just jump away. If he doesn't hes trying to take your jump, so only jump if he commits to an attack (tries to utilt or fsmash) or if he chases you far enough into the air that you can 1) jump out of his attack range *AND* 2) you can get to the ground before he can hit you again.

2. hold down and away. this will get you out of 95% of his combos.

Эикельманн [РУС]

2. hold down and away. this will get you out of 95% of his combos.
Lol, I know this.

This is what I always do, but I was doing this saturday at a tourney, and for whatever reason, I wasn't DIing it correctly. Then again, my controller was breaking down on me, so it could have been that, but I just want to know what other ways I can DI his combos for times like mine(The y axis on my analog was acting up. Everytime I went to Fair Jab, I would down tilt instead of a jab, I couldn't fall through platforms, etc, silly stuff)

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I thought you DI directly away for combos/grabs. Survival DI against Falcon is straight up, of course (unless he Falcon punches you... Then slightly in).

DippnDots

Feral Youth
also if marth tries to utilt you after uthrows, you can just jump and come down with a dair, if marth is at 0% when he tries this, you can get a double hit upsmash on him after the downair, supposing he doesnt di, then top it off with an uair. A nice little 40ish % combo for two little slip ups on his part

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Nah if they go for the utilt it's 100% sure to hit, as long as ganon is at a relatively low percent. In general though jumping out isnt good unless there's a platform by you.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Mooney, when you are getting combo'd by Falcon just be cool and you will do fine. Keep a decent eye on your damage, and if you're at low% you have to train yourself to DI away no matter what (don't fear the knee). At med%(30-80?) you gotta pay close attention to your opponent, stay DI'ing all hits away unless you see the knee coming (you should have time), then survival DI (up and slightly in). And obviously at high% you pretty much survival DI everything. I'm sure you know all of that, but just try focusing on Falcon and only switching your DI if you see the knee coming.

With the Marth thing, in that situation I usually watch Marth and either space a ff bair off the throw or if he moves at all, I'll dj and space a ff bair. If he's ready for you to dj there's no easy escape. But yeah I like to DI away usually and bair or reverse uair him. Just be sure to keep DI'ing away and be ready to tech.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Mooney, when you are getting combo'd by Falcon just be cool and you will do fine. Keep a decent eye on your damage, and if you're at low% you have to train yourself to DI away no matter what (don't fear the knee). At med%(30-80?) you gotta pay close attention to your opponent, stay DI'ing all hits away unless you see the knee coming (you should have time), then survival DI (up and slightly in). And obviously at high% you pretty much survival DI everything. I'm sure you know all of that, but just try focusing on Falcon and only switching your DI if you see the knee coming.

With the Marth thing, in that situation I usually watch Marth and either space a ff bair off the throw or if he moves at all, I'll dj and space a ff bair. If he's ready for you to dj there's no easy escape. But yeah I like to DI away usually and bair or reverse uair him. Just be sure to keep DI'ing away and be ready to tech.
!!!!

Thank you so much, ACE. this is pretty much what I wanted

<3

Top Bottom