• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A fair nair chain? Yes.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
Question: is it useful? Can we have a vid on you using it on somebody, and them trying to DI out of it?

Malch

Smash Cadet
Question: is it useful? Can we have a vid on you using it on somebody, and them trying to DI out of it?
I'll have to practice more (it took me like 5 tries to do 3 in a row on training). But once I get it down I'll definitely use it in a few matches.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Fair has so much knockback that it might not be very comboable except maybe once in the beginning of a stock. Still a very nice find.

Munas

Smash Cadet
Fair has so much knockback that it might not be very comboable except maybe once in the beginning of a stock. Still a very nice find.
Not to offend... But if the fair has too much knockback and this combo isn't actually a combo because of that, how is it still a nice find?

The only thing I can see it being used for is to ward off an opponent who dodged the fair and even then why not just use an arrow cancel which might actually hit them even if the fair also hit.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
....SH Fair but nair instead of quickdraw.
Sooo creative.

Btw guys, all of TL's airials can be quickdrawn in a jump =)
cept dair of course.
Well you can, but not in a normal way.

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
Not to offend... But if the fair has too much knockback and this combo isn't actually a combo because of that, how is it still a nice find?
Because the amount of TL players is so small that finding something new is rare.

Munas

Smash Cadet
Because the amount of TL players is so small that finding something new is rare.
And finding something new should be congradulated, no argument from me. I just don't think we should call it something it's not, ie. "a very nice find as a combo".

Finding something new that's useless is... well... Useless.

Trifroze

NNID
Trifroze
Well you shouldn't be expecting anyone to find out anything huge anymore.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
.......I'll find things. =P
Big things!

Malch

Smash Cadet
The only thing I can see it being used for is to ward off an opponent who dodged the fair and even then why not just use an arrow cancel which might actually hit them even if the fair also hit.
I'm too lazy to check, but I think the nair does more damage than the arrow. Plus, in order to arrow cancel as fast as a nair, you'd have to optimalize it with fast falls, which would prolly still be slower, and definitely more difficult than this.

And did you test this already to find that it can't be used at the begging of a stock?

Santi

Smash Lord
I'm too lazy to check, but I think the nair does more damage than the arrow. Plus, in order to arrow cancel as fast as a nair, you'd have to optimalize it with fast falls, which would prolly still be slower, and definitely more difficult than this.

And did you test this already to find that it can't be used at the begging of a stock?
Its all about where the opponent is not which move does more damage.
If the opponent is close to me I usually nair.
I do the nair after the Bair too. That way if they roll past me I can hit them with the nair.

But If they respect the space on the Fair and keep their distance then I will usally quickdraw.

Malch

Smash Cadet
Its all about where the opponent is not which move does more damage.
If the opponent is close to me I usually nair.
I do the nair after the Bair too. That way if they roll past me I can hit them with the nair.

But If they respect the space on the Fair and keep their distance then I will usally quickdraw.
You can still quickdraw at close range, and many people do. My point is that the technique isn't useless because the nair is actually better at close range.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
And finding something new should be congradulated, no argument from me. I just don't think we should call it something it's not, ie. "a very nice find as a combo".

Finding something new that's useless is... well... Useless.
instead of bashing this guy, maybe you should contribute to the forum yourself? let's see what you can find

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
I'm not being funny but wasn't this obvious? I've been doing one sided nairs and fair to quick draws for a while now.

Marth could do something similar with his Nair in melee.

Munas

Smash Cadet
instead of bashing this guy, maybe you should contribute to the forum yourself? let's see what you can find
What I said has nothing to do with the guy who posted it. It has to do with the "trick". And you're right, I haven't found any awesome new combos, that doesn't invalidate what I'm saying. Either way, since I'm rather out numbered in my opinion that finding something cool and useless, while cool is still useless, I'll back out of this discussion now.

My appologies for any hard feelings I may have caused.

Rave925

Smash Apprentice
I'm not even a Tink mainer, but I can tell that this could be great for an approach option instead of using his projectiles.

Santi

Smash Lord
You can still quickdraw at close range, and many people do. My point is that the technique isn't useless because the nair is actually better at close range.
If you quickdraw close range it will get shielded and you will get punished everytime while you have that lag when you land.
I play MK everyday and every quickdraw I do close range is shielded and I get punished from the lag.

Malch

Smash Cadet
If you quickdraw close range it will get shielded and you will get punished everytime while you have that lag when you land.
I play MK everyday and every quickdraw I do close range is shielded and I get punished from the lag.
Great! That means my combo isn't useless. So ha. :)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
This can be used as a shield stab, where the Fair will reduce the shield a bit, and if they have used the shield a bit before, the autocanceled Nair from the bottom will go through a poke at them.

But you can get shield grabbed if you mess up.

Top Bottom