• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A diferent type of directional influence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
Im not sure if this has been posted before, or seems trite, but i find the direction im facing when playing smash can make a diference.

For example i find it harder to ledge tech if im coming to the stage from the right as opposed to left

I generally find it easier to do combos going left to right instead of right to left

its not a huge diference mind you, but merely that I'm more comfortable.\

anyone else ever notice this?

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
i'd say it probably only has something to do with the dexterity of your thumb.

for instance, with my right hand i find it easier to push the c stick to the left as opposed to pushing it to the right.

Fletch

Smash Master
I don't notice this too much except for waveshining, definitely a lot harder for me for some reason to go left over right.

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
I notice this on a few things. I can moonwalk with CF much easier if I'm facing right than if I'm facing left. Same with Fox's backwards waveshine. Falco's ledgehop double laser is also much easier on the right ledge than on the left. I can also C-stick to the left and down a lot faster than I can to the right and up.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
yeah the moonwalk and waveshine are doozies

i have a real hard time moonwalking left too same with waveshine but i suck at waveshine regardless so it hardly matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom