• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A CRAZY idea for a Sonic stage.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
Note: I know Sonic is most likely to have GH Zone as his stage.

Crazy Gadget:

This takes place in Sonic adventure 2, and is probably one of the most crazy/psycho idea(s) for a stage ever.

You start on a solid square, or rectangle. On the sides and above you are platforms facing in all directions.

To get to the other platforms, you use small bounce-activations that send you to the side of the left and right platforms, or straight up to the bottom of the floating (North) platform.

Each platform has about six sides, and the only way to get a ring out is to fall, or be knocked off the sides of the platforms.

A basic idea of this stage is:

/
/ /
/

EDit- imagine four straight lines in a diamon shape. [The / lines aren't in correct order]

Each /=A platform. Each side of the platform has a small bar stopping you from instantly funning off the stage. (I'll provide a URL to a REAL picture in a second.) Each platofrm has a max of four sides. Bottom, Top, Side L, Side R.

When you switch to a platform your screen view changes, so if your on the top platform being on the bottom side, your view becomes upside down, but the controls, and movements remain the same.

While playing the music Crazy Gadget. :laugh:;)

(If you want to listen to the music I'll try to find a Midi fle to it, it is also on Youtube)

So any comments on the idea?

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it, probably because you never did this:
I can't find any good pictures, I'm searching for one.

The basic concept is:

Four platforms.

All of them are in mid air (In space) .

Each has four sides you can progress too. Left side, Right side, Down, etc. And the camera view switches.

To leave from one plat form to another you activate a switch and everything is switched ot the opposite/random platofrms.

Every platform has a little bar on the edg, and if you get tossed passed that said bar on the end of the sides of the platforms. KO.

I'll do my best to look for a pic though.

SonicMario

Smash Master
That was a good song. And you don't have to have the Midi file. I'll link to the ACTUAL one.

Link: Crazy Gadget MP3 (hopefully)

To download click on the brown click here when you're on the site.

(If this isn't Crazy Gadget Music, tell me. My computer is just too slow to check if it is)

If it is. I hope you appreciate my help SHC.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
That was a good song. And you don't have to have the Midi file. I'll link to the ACTUAL one.

Link: Crazy Gadget MP3 (hopefully)

(If this isn't Crazy Gadget Music, tell me. My computer is just too slow to check if it is)

If it is. I hope you appreciate my help SHC.
I can't tell either.

My computer is too slow also. XP I hate dial-up.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
I tried the link and it said:
"Invalid! Did you follow a valid link!?" :S

I suppose I got the idea of the stage, but it would be better with an image.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sorry. Aleps, try it again. It should bring you to the page, and then press the click here text. It should be in Brown text

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
i think its a dumb idea....
Well then don't spam up the topic. At least post a reason as to why.

This is the section of Crazy Gadget he's talking about. I think I suggested something similar with Crazy Gadget or Death Egg in a previous Sonic stage thread. ; )
Thanks, although I've had this idea for quite a while. XD

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
I think that it's to complicated, and that most people wouldn't recondnize it as a sonic stage.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
now I see hehe. It sounds cool but people like me that haven't played a Sonic game may not recognize its a stage of it. Green Hills is more likely to be Sonic's stage.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
now I see hehe. It sounds cool but people like me that haven't played a Sonic game may not recognize its a stage of it. Green Hills is more likely to be Sonic's stage.

Yes I've thought of that. Actually I'd rather see the "Final Biolizard" fight as a stage. [Live and Learn] themed-stage.

This is one of my lesser Sonic ides, and like I said before GH Zone is most likely to be Sonic's stage.

I love it.
I messed it up, because when I posted it went from a diamond shape too a small line shape. XP XD.

I think that it's to complicated, and that most people wouldn't recondnize it as a sonic stage.
Good point, but that's why it is a Sonic stage. Crazy Gadget is meant to be well complicated, that's how many people felt trying to beat that stage the first time . XD Self included.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I remember playin that level on my Dreamcast, having bravity switches on a stage...that would be crazy, i wonder would controls have to be reversed like pressing Bv instead of B^

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
I remember playin that level on my Dreamcast, having bravity switches on a stage...that would be crazy, i wonder would controls have to be reversed like pressing Bv instead of B^
Nah, I think they'd just change the camera angle. It'd be pretty difficult to have that many control changes from the side
, Side
, Upside down, upside right, and such.

Although that would be quite funny.​

Top Bottom