• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A comprimise: Banning grainchabs on heavyweight characters?

ADHD

Smash Hero
In the theory of nubitivity,

fox = escapable nub up the nubhole

bowser = nub up the nubhole so far that he gets nub rashes

No but seriously you guys have to admit it isn't fair for slow characters who have a less chance of "don't get grabbed"

What do you think?

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
1st of all never will happen. And if it did we'd have a 400 page arguement on who would be on that list.

ALSO snake and DDD are heaby weights and there is no WAY in hell we'd let them have mercy. DDD CG's so why bother? And snake is already good and that would make his counters go awayy, For example Pika..

Lastly... since this is the Ice Climbers thread imma assume this has to do with them, and... last time i checks their infinite grab works regardless of weight. So that wouldn't stop anything.

ADHD

Smash Hero
1st of all never will happen. And if it did we'd have a 400 page arguement on who would be on that list.

ALSO snake and DDD are heaby weights and there is no WAY in hell we'd let them have mercy. DDD CG's so why bother? And snake is already good and that would make his counters go awayy, For example Pika..
No just icy chaingrabs, not pikas.

???????

Smash Journeyman
I understand what you're trying to do but banning a technique for some specific characters that affects all characters makes even less sense than banning the technique in the first place (This statement seems to have a bit of a bias tone but I implore you to interpret it as neutral as that is what I intended); banning a technique in such a fashion will lead to lot of controversy, even more so than that has arisen from the initial ban.

*I really don't have much of an opinion when it comes to infinites because it's hard to say what really comes out of it; I don't particularly like the idea of infinites but I also don't exactly like the idea of banning a technique all together either*

*Infinites do take skill and practice to learn but it’s also understandable why many people dislike them*

*Your idea is fine but just simply not practical at this point; be patient, it is still unclear what direction the initial ban will take*

*I apologize if anything that I have said is seen as offensive*

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
nothing should be banned, period. people should know what they're up against if they pick a big slow character against ice climbers and do everything in their power to avoid the grab (or use another character).

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
nothing should be banned, period. people should know what they're up against if they pick a big slow character against ice climbers and do everything in their power to avoid the grab (or use another character).
It doesn't matter what character you pick, their infinites will work on them. And you can't rely on ur opponent to suck when it comes to grabs. Cus they will come and you will be caught regardless.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter what character you pick, their infinites will work on them.
yeh, but remember the aim of this topic. *Banning IC CG agaisnt specific characters*, mostly the heavier characters, considering they have a harder time avoiding the grab. All Ace is saying is, doing this would be stupid, the oppenent should have enuf knowledge to kno who hes dealing with, they could easy use a diffrent character, and even stage counterpick.
Im pretty sure we all kno IC infinites every1. :/

EDIT - Btw Chrome, u say it isint fair for some characters 2 have a less chance of avoiding the grab.. I think thats a pretty stupid point. Seriously.. every character has their worst match ups, and "Counter moves" as I like 2 say. So ICs Cg mayb a tad bit better on heavier characters just because its eaiser 2 land grabs, just like how in Melee Peaches Dsmash seperated the ICs. Does that mean Peaches Dsmash should be banned? lol, no, thats stupid, which is pretty much what yur saying. Falcos Short hop Double laser ***** the taller/slower characters a bit more than some1 like kirby or fox.. Ban Falcos Laser? No.. same concept bro.

Hope that makes sense, do disrespect intended btw.

Miller

Smash Lord
No
It would just be stupid to ban CGs against a specific character
CGs wont be banned, if they are, all other CGs in this game must be banned.

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
First of all, chaingrabs on heavyweights are actually harder, and the downthrow to Nana fair CG doesnt even work on them. For example pit is 3x easier to CG than Donkey Kong. Also IC CGs make the game more balanced, because they aren't even the best character in the game. Not even one Ice Climber player has won a major tournament since the game came out. It also kinda disappoints me that the Ice climbers in brawl are overrated and the only reason why I picked them up in melee was because they were underrated, nobody I knew used them, and most people thought that they were one of the worst characters in the game so I wanted to prove them wrong.

Top Bottom