• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A combo I use! :D

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
I looked through several different doc manuals and didn't see the combo I use.

I use it almost -all- the time and it seems 2 work 100% of the time provided my opponent has under 45%ish.

It's simply a dash-a such that your opponent is about half way between where you start&end dashing. After this they should be up in the air slightly behind you, then I just instinctively sidekick-up tilt- behind me and hit them pretty much every time, and from there I can usually dash-a, turn, side-a u-tilt again 2 to 3 times in a row!

Now some people might think this combo is ******** but it definitley lets me rack up their % quickly!

Ronin686

Smash Ace
A dash attack utilt isn't a bad idea every once in a while, but if you do it too much you'll get your *** shield grabbed.

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
I suppose so..

I use it against pretty much everyone.

I can see how it would get tech-rolled, because at low percents they wouldn't fly high enough to give Doc time to turn around and u-tilt w/ his side kick. But I think if you get 'em perhaps starting at around 10-15% you can get 2-3 of these 1-2 combos in right in a row!

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
I would block and grab that attack, tell me how good are the people you play with? Probably a better combo to go with that dash slide is the Utilt you can juggle your oopponent in it 2 times at least, but they have to be on the inside of it or it will knock them away instead.

You should mix your attacks up a little more people will notice a pattern to your fighting then pridict you. Post a vid of you fighting

SkiMaskSkeet

Smash Cadet
LOLZ

No.

I'm not saying Pill rushing isn't good, but two pills cannot shrink the shield that much, especially if you are light shielding. Instead of the dash attack, you could grab.
Why light shield when you can dodge or better yet cancel with an attack? Even if two pills doesn't work (which it does) just throw in a third. Your feet don't get covered by that much of the shield, the only way to block the dash attack would be to push the shield downwards but in the seconds it takes to see this coming I just don't see it happening.

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
Why light shield when you can dodge or better yet cancel with an attack?
I'm talking about LIGHTSHIELDING THE PILLZ, wtf you talking about? :laugh:

And you honestly think pills are almighty? You can get around them easily. By dodging, rolling, attacking, grabbing, etc.

in the seconds it takes to see this coming I just don't see it happening.
I have no idea what this says.

SkiMaskSkeet

Smash Cadet
I'm talking about LIGHTSHIELDING THE PILLZ, wtf you talking about? :laugh:

And you honestly think pills are almighty? You can get around them easily. By dodging, rolling, attacking, grabbing, etc.
I was talking about the pills so yeah, use the context.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=agnYlKLO6Cs

Case in point about the dash attack working at 3:40-ish

Pills are almighty of course because of the approach but then again you might not know "what I'm talking about" so I won't bother explaining.

Anyways the point I was getting at is the pills would shrink the shield enough to get the dash attack in, so try it out.

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
I was talking about the pills so yeah, use the context.
LOL It was unclear. I was unsure if you were talking about using Doctor Mario, or the other character. No fault of mine. Be more clear next time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=agnYlKLO6Cs

Case in point about the dash attack working at 3:40-ish
Umm...I watched the video, and I saw that nowhere. What I did see, was Doc's Pills be rendered useless. As an approach or otherwise. Ken simply jumped, shielded or destroyed them. There was no pill --> dash attack at 3:40ish. There was simply a dash attack, and THEY TRADED HITS, it wasn't followed up by anything at all. When there was successful dash attacks, they were after L-Cancled aerials, not after pills.

Pills are almighty of course because of the approach but then again you might not know "what I'm talking about" so I won't bother explaining.
When I said "I have no idea what you're saying" it's because your grammar made no sense. You weren't referring to anything. Of course pills are good, not almighty, however. Cape, Reflector, spaced moves (marth's fair) or just standind still and tilting can render them useless. It's useful, but not always due to them hitting, but to the distraction that ensues.

Anyways the point I was getting at is the pills would shrink the shield enough to get the dash attack in, so try it out.
No.

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
woRd, that video was pretty **** awesome! at one point the doc used a dash so that it hit marth @ the end of the dash so that marth would fly right over doc instead of above and behind him, and then right after marth was directly over doc, doc jumped up and combo'd it with a nair! :D

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I think you are being a little judgemental, Leonidas (Isn't its pelt Leonidus). It seems like you are playing devil's advocate. Besides, the arguement started out by talking about just shielding. You altered the arguement to suit your needs. Case in point, you are wrong. However, in terms of light shielding, you are correct.

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
I think you are being a little judgemental, Leonidas (Isn't its pelt Leonidus).
No.

It seems like you are playing devil's advocate. Besides, the arguement started out by talking about just shielding. You altered the arguement to suit your needs. Case in point, you are wrong. However, in terms of light shielding, you are correct.
"If you were smart like me!"--The Outsiders.

One should know when to shield and when to light-shield.

SkiMaskSkeet

Smash Cadet
No.

"If you were smart like me!"--The Outsiders.

One should know when to shield and when to light-shield.
See, not to flame but what the hell I know when to end a *******. I decided to make a video of my own and when I upload it I'll show you (using marth anyways) how futile his argument is and I'm SOOOO glad someone decided to assist me in my quest to enlighten the foolish.

Let's see one of your matches Leonidas. Let's see how often you light shield. I'll bet you don't at all.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6A4muJLq_8

Video Link

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
You are welcome, Ski. I'm totally on your side. One should know when to light shield and when to normal shield. Bah. So do you light shield every time someone tosses some pills at you because you predict a Pill > Pill > Slide Attack? I doubt you even aim your normal shield.

Mix

Smash Cadet
i like that combo and i use it to... also try at VERY low percentages to keep dash attacking back and forth untill they can attack then JCed grab downthrow and upsmash if their DI isnt good and if it is then just jump up and get a couple good ol Uairs in!! its a really good combo if you know how to do it

Enigmatics

Smash Rookie
if their DI was decent couldn't they just di down and shield one of the dashes (or just shield period)? I haven't played a lot of docs, but i've never gotten dash attacked multiple times in a row when playing one.

Luma

Smash Lord
come on how stupid does someone has to be to get 3 pills in his shield and than get a dash attack in his ***? if u talk about combos u should talk about some who are only doneable against good players

Top Bottom