• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A challenger for Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Seriously, if another company was going to make it's own clone of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, with it's own chars, which one do you think should do?

lasercat

Smash Rookie
that would be cool if there was something like Smash, but with Sony/MS characters. As long as it was more competitive and had online rankings, better internet play, and regular updates it would beat Brawl. I love Smash but Nintendo needed a next-gen system, not lame *** controls.

-Zangetsu-

BRoomer
BRoomer
So far i known that Digimon made a brawl rip off, so did Nickelodeon, and also Shonen Jump

But if another one was to surface id have to hope it was a Final Fantasy Based one. Cloud V. Auron would be cool to see.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
You mean like this?

Yes, that is indeed Snake. And yes, you can indeed play up to four players in a Free-For-All.
Exactly what I meant! WOW! Three companies involved in the same game!
I want the next Super Smash Bros. episode being developed by the Triforce Alliance!

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'd like to see a Sony-published game, including characters made by Naughty Dog and Insomniac (to name a couple). Throwing Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Jak & Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank together in a Super Smash Bros-influenced game would be awesome. Of course, those games' series would sport maybe two or three characters each. Since it is Sony-published, perhaps some Final Fantasy characters might make it in. To add a few other characters: Abe, Tomba, and PaRappa. Who else would fit in well?

EDIT: To include Rayman and Earthworm Jim.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
So far i known that Digimon made a brawl rip off, so did Nickelodeon, and also Shonen Jump
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon_Rumble_Arena
It sucks. It really does. I played in a random tournament for it this past weekend (yesterday, in fact). The options are horrid, the balance is even worse and, really, there's nothing good to be said about the game. I think they even made a Digimon up spefically for the game (and he's broken).

But if another one was to surface id have to hope it was a Final Fantasy Based one. Cloud V. Auron would be cool to see.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehrgeiz

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I'd like to see a Sony-published game, including characters made by Naughty Dog and Insomniac (to name a couple). Throwing Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Jak & Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank together in a Super Smash Bros-influenced game would be awesome. Of course, those games' series would sport maybe two or three characters each. Since it is Sony-published, perhaps some Final Fantasy characters might make it in. To add a few other characters: Abe, Tomba, and PaRappa. Who else would fit in well?

EDIT: To include Rayman and Earthworm Jim.
What about Sly Cooper and Carmelita Fox?

6footninja

Smash Ace
I want smash to stay Nintendo, I don't like even having 2 3rd party characters.

Another game like it but with a dif. company would fail. (except, maybe square enix)

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Another game like it but with a dif. company would fail. (except, maybe square enix)
Aren't you too fanboy?
Assumed the gold is probably destinated to belong forever to Nintendo, as it happened with Mario Kart, I think soon or later a company will reach the silver.
What about Capcom?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
^^ nah , they would probably have poor gameplay or a mimic of SSBB which would only make them look stupid. Capcom games havent been doing to good these days have they? Well the ones Ive played (and by looking at the ratings)certainly dont.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Aren't you too fanboy?
Assumed the gold is probably destinated to belong forever to Nintendo, as it happened with Mario Kart, I think soon or later a company will reach the silver.
What about Capcom?
I don't really see what you're trying to get across, I only played one Square Enix game, FF10. And yeah, I liked it, but I was suggesting it may not fail simply because it has the character depth that Nintendo has and maybe even more. Sorry, im no fanboy.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
if Super Smash Bros were going to have a sequel or Nintendo would remake Super Smash Bros Brawl in 2014 something, then I would suggest them more third party characters (particularly from the Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog series). I know a lot of you guys want Tails, Shadow, and Knuckles as playable characters in the SSB series, but I believe Cream the Rabbit is the also a great candidate as a playable character. She is, in my opinion (yes you can challenge me on that), the cutest character of Sonic the Hedgehog series, but not the cutest of all (the characters Plusle and Minun, the duo that was found that are supposed to be playable characters when someone hacked into the disk).

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
I want a Namco all-star game. I'd play so happily as (descending order of preference):

Colette (Tales)
Farah (Tales)
Cassandra (Soul Calibur)
Valkyrie (Valkyrie no Densetsu; Cassandra's third SCII outfit came from her)
Kratos (Tales)
Stahn (Tales)
Cervantes (Soul Calibur)
Talim (Soul Calibur)
Julia (Tekken)
Seung Mina (Soul Calibur)

And probably others I can't even think of right now.

Boxob

Smash Champion
if Super Smash Bros were going to have a sequel or Nintendo would remake Super Smash Bros Brawl in 2014 something, then I would suggest them more third party characters (particularly from the Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog series). I know a lot of you guys want Tails, Shadow, and Knuckles as playable characters in the SSB series, but I believe Cream the Rabbit is the also a great candidate as a playable character. She is, in my opinion (yes you can challenge me on that), the cutest character of Sonic the Hedgehog series, but not the cutest of all (the characters Plusle and Minun, the duo that was found that are supposed to be playable characters when someone hacked into the disk).
I hate everything you just said, and I don't even like Brawl that much. The reason why the Sonic series sucks as hard as it does is BECAUSE they added all those characters. I hate the new Final Fantasy games. Anything after 6 sucked. Kingdom Hearts? What are you like twelve? I absolutely hate Shadow. They made Sonic gay enough, we didn't need an emo clone of himself with a dark side that all the 10 year olds love.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
I hate everything you just said, and I don't even like Brawl that much. The reason why the Sonic series sucks as hard as it does is BECAUSE they added all those characters. I hate the new Final Fantasy games. Anything after 6 sucked. Kingdom Hearts? What are you like twelve? I absolutely hate Shadow. They made Sonic gay enough, we didn't need an emo clone of himself with a dark side that all the 10 year olds love.
RAWR. Somebody's grumpy, take a chill pill man, it's a hypothetical thread, and we're discussing videogames... not like... something important or something.

I imagine an all sega game would be bought by mega fans all going omfg it's sega smash - omfg.

Kinda like these guys - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxu_MQSTTY

Just replace "David Blaine" with "Sega Smash" and "Magic" with "sega Characters". mmhmmmp yup.

Spire

III
BRoomer
As much of a fan with FF7, 8, and 9 as I am, I have to agree with you with everything else. I was introduced to Sonic on the very first Sonic game (along with the TV series soon after). No words can explain how great that felt. But now (and yes, I do own Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, unfortunately) the Sonic games have plummeted beyond comprehension. Tails is the closest thing to the original series than anyone or anything else. The series is ruined. Every new sonic game that comes out introduces at least one new character, even all of these new, horrible Sonic racing games and such. I thought Shadow was alright when he was introduced (because aside from Amy, he was the closest hedgehog in resemblance to Sonic and contrasted seemingly well) back in 2000 or whatever when SA2 came out, but come on Sega... I can't stand Shadow now. He's quite possibly one of the lamest Sonic characters (besides jerkfaces like Silver the Hedgehog <--- what the hell). And let's not forget how butchered Robotnik is. No longer does he even go by that name. Now he is "Dr. Eggman" to appeal to younger, less accepting audiences.

Seriously, all of you youngsters are getting the back of the hand of creativity in games, television, movies -- everything. A perfect example (as mentioned above) is Kingdom Hearts. Easily one of the lamest conceived video game franchises ever. It killed Final Fantasy and killed Disney in every aspect. I can't look at Donald Duck (or any of the Disney characters) the same anymore. Now he is a video game character with a stupid ****ing wand, following around some spiky haired 12 year old ***got with a key for a weapon (to oh-so-creatively "unlock" secrets and ****) -- and you guys all think its the coolest thing in the world. You guys have really gotten screwed over. And I don't feel sorry for you because you're all riding the same bandwagon. Hopelessness at its best.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think Ehrgeiz counts, since it's not really a cross universe game...

It's ONLY with characters from the FFVII World

Dissidia is more like it, but technically it's only characters from the FF World

D

Deleted member

Mmm-hmm. Jump Super/Ultimate Stars. But that one's okay--It was also published by the Big N.

And Sonic and Snake are "Guest" characters FYI, they're not going to stick around, it would devalue Nintendo's characters.
Nooo! I hate this post now WTF No more Sonic in SSB I'm gonna kill myself!!!

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
Although Dissidia looks like it's going to be awesome, I would rather SE make one with all of their franchises instead of just FF. There are several other franchises that deserve to have characters represented in all of that.
Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Kingdom Hearts, The Bouncer, The World Ends with You, Seiken Densetsu (a.k.a. the Mana series), Terranigma, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean.
That alone is enough to make at least a mediocre fighting game. Beyond that it would all depend on if they got a good enough working battle system.

GREAT POSSIBILITY (although I still hope that Dissidia is as epic as it could be.)

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
SEGA's recent tennis game proves that they have enough material to make a smash clone if they wanted, I think it could be ok. Maybe Mario could be a guest character :O

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
SEGA's recent tennis game proves that they have enough material to make a smash clone if they wanted, I think it could be ok. Maybe Mario could be a guest character :O
That would be a nice trade.

Top Bottom