• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A buncha metaknight videos - UPDATED AGAIN! 2/19

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
Hi Gimpyfish, nice to see you again but...honestly...I don´t like your MK...you don´t use anything in the air and the only attacks you use is the Ftilt...Dair...Dsmash...and nothing more :ohwell:.

Metaknight has a BIG priority in the air and he has a lot of aerial combos so...try to connect more aerial attacks because...you only use the Dsmash and your MK is like a Ground MK :S...Failing to take advantage of his real potencial. In the edge...is more usefull the Bair or the Nair...but I don´t think that the Dair were a good method to kill an opponent.

Your opponent has a very strange strategy to play...in the battle with Wolf...He used 3! Fsmash Continued :ohwell:...and his 3D don´t use any Waddledes...only Use the most slow attack...the Fmash :S!.

Honestly...i don´t like your MK and if you can...plz post some videos of your Bowser or another character to see it ;).

Cyas!

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
actually sticking to the air with metaknight completely destroys any chance you have of out spacing anyone, over aggression in the air and b move spam will only lead to you to getting easily punished, while remaining grounded with his massive range tilts into aggro off combo is the way to go.

seriously. flinging yourself randomly through the air is NOT what a decent metaknight should be doing.

EDIT: this is gimpy

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Gimpy, I'm going to disagree with you on your assertion that neutral+b is bad.

I agree that its limited knockback makes it more punishable than I would like it to be, but I would recommend that you try incorporating it as part of your platform game. It's very good at remaining safe when you tangle enemies up in platforms, and when rising from beneath platforms it has gobs of priority. You also don't risk being punished out of shield if you use it in this way.

The safe damage, the lack of punishability when used correctly with platforms, and combatting the diminishing returns on your other moves makes it worth looking into.

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
Gimpy...I´m not agree again with you :ohwell:...all the things that you see about metaknight are Totally the opposite :S. MetaKnight is the LORD in the sky...and his edge guard is one of the best in this game, the Bair has a lot of Priority...so if you are in the egde...you can go to attack with the Bair without problem and even...you can attack with the Nair or using the UpB...that is like a counter and his power is very high.

The airs attacks are so important to metaknight and all the attacks are the Beginning of a combo so...I don´t agree with your Metaknight´s philosophy :ohwell:.

Cyas!

HellSingULH

Smash Apprentice
Gimpy...I´m not agree again with you :ohwell:...all the things that you see about metaknight are Totally the opposite :S. MetaKnight is the LORD in the sky...and his edge guard is one of the best in this game, the Bair has a lot of Priority...so if you are in the egde...you can go to attack with the Bair without problem and even...you can attack with the Nair or using the UpB...that is like a counter and his power is very high.

The airs attacks are so important to metaknight and all the attacks are the Beginning of a combo so...I don´t agree with your Metaknight´s philosophy :ohwell:.

Cyas!

Chexr

Smash Ace
Metaknight is the master of aerial pressure. Im sure he'd work other ways but I think that is how the developers intended and set up his moves for.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Gimpy, I'm going to disagree with you on your assertion that neutral+b is bad.

I agree that its limited knockback makes it more punishable than I would like it to be, but I would recommend that you try incorporating it as part of your platform game. It's very good at remaining safe when you tangle enemies up in platforms, and when rising from beneath platforms it has gobs of priority. You also don't risk being punished out of shield if you use it in this way.

The safe damage, the lack of punishability when used correctly with platforms, and combatting the diminishing returns on your other moves makes it worth looking into.
Yeah, and besides, MK wouldn't be as fun without using his b moves.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I've been banned infinitely because of the infinite that was banned. It makes sense, I think.

Also, have you tried using up-smash out of shield to handle enemies that try to cross you up or hit deep in your shield? It worked for me the few times I tried it thanks to its quick startup time and good horizontal range. Also, up+b out of shield as a surprise hit has succeeded for me as well. Sitting in your shield with an enemy well above you deceives them, and if you're in the middle of the stage you can cancel with a glide-attack and remain lagless. If you get them DI'ing badly, then it could well be a sneaky way to earn KOs.

Of course, I'm just throwing ideas out since I can't implement them for myself. I shall live through the other MK'ers who are able to actually play.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I have to agree with both stances, Meta Knight in the air vs. on the ground.

While on the ground, Meta Knight's speed and pressure are much better. His dash is quick, his grab range is insane, and many of his attacks are very hard to punish.

In the air, however, his speed is diminished but his priority is only exceeded by a few character. He also has some special options to use while airborne that he can take advantage of, specifically during edge guarding off the stage (Air Guarding). Hitting someone with a D-air or reversed Shuttle Loop when they're trying to return to the stage can net you a KO you otherwise wouldn't be able to get without a Smash Attack while on-stage.

I have this much to say about Mach Tornado: spam it. Or, as I said in my guide "It's the new Drill Rush". :chuckle:

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I've been banned infinitely because of the infinite that was banned. It makes sense, I think.

Also, have you tried using up-smash out of shield to handle enemies that try to cross you up or hit deep in your shield? It worked for me the few times I tried it thanks to its quick startup time and good horizontal range. Also, up+b out of shield as a surprise hit has succeeded for me as well. Sitting in your shield with an enemy well above you deceives them, and if you're in the middle of the stage you can cancel with a glide-attack and remain lagless. If you get them DI'ing badly, then it could well be a sneaky way to earn KOs.

Of course, I'm just throwing ideas out since I can't implement them for myself. I shall live through the other MK'ers who are able to actually play.
i've been able to use his up b out of shield well too. it's a smart attack to use when people aren't expecting it and are trying to pressure you in your shield. at high percents it kills nicely.
i agree with you on the mach tornado too. i think it's a smart move to use if used correctly.

Reed

Smash Rookie
Hey Gimpy were you just being honorable or what bc i didnt see you try to gimp dsf bc of his tether up-b

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Dude, wtf is with the no Ness players? I wanna see how Ness plays against MK..T_T

Seriously, Ness is good now, people need to get over the negative stigma.

Top Bottom