• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A bobble head problem. Ness

daddy neptune

Smash Apprentice
How to properly deal with Ness? I just started fighting one that is decent but I'm usually behind by one stock and is hard to come back. F-air and him being so short kill 70% of my game.

Little Greg

Smash Apprentice
Yeah his fair is annoying, it has a lot of priority. I had to fight a Ness at a tourney, I used Ganon, GOT two stocked :( This guy's ness wasn't even GOOD. I went Sheik and won, but still. It was annoying having to switch chars, for a ****ing Ness (who wasn't EVEN good).

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Apparently he was good with ness or you sucked with ganon. Having to use sheik for a low tier character says alot.

Ness is abit light so hes not all that tough..but you're probably going about killing the wrong way. Most ness players double jump cancel often to extend their combos, as they are doing this, one strong blow can end that stock due to him having to use his up-b.

Ness's up-b is extremely easy to screw up, even if he makes contact with himself somehow with his thunder, you can u-air his blast and still take that stock.

If its a stage with a semi low ceiling and platforms, a good dair at relatively high percent will take that stock..just focus on tech chasing him and getting a grab. Ganon's grab set up for at least an ending blow.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
WTF? As a Ness/Ylink/IC main, I can say that Ganon is a child molester. He ***** all three of my mains.

Ness's DJC game is the best thing he has going for him. If you're complaining about his fair, you obviously aren't spacing your fair properly because Ganon's Fair has absurd range. Actually, I think all of ganon's aerials have more range than all of Ness's. Space your aerials, flip spike his ***-blast and yeah, watch out for the PK Flash edge guard. That thing ***** you Ganons.

Also, I think that Ganon can chaingrab Ness.

Or, you could always bow down and respect the awesome that is Ness. ^_^

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
I would say to use uair a lot on stage and for edgeguarding, and angled ftilts.

Apparently he was good with ness or you sucked with ganon. Having to use sheik for a low tier character says alot.
Ignorance. You have no idea how many good low tiers there are. Not nearly as many as there are mid/high tiers, but still.

It should never be seen as a "shame" to have to counterpick, even if it's a low-tier.

And Ganon can CG Ness.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yes, whoever sheik can CG, so can ganon and g&w, i don't think that was on purpose either

but you don't need to CG ness, set him up into uair combo's and he's done, jsut when edgegaurding him, be a little careful cause the up b does have insane priority and i don't think ganon's dair can go through it, nor his uair, but not too sure

just remember, ganon is the micheal jackson of smash, he ***** little kids

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
So says someone who truly knows nothing.

Calling me ignorant? Really now.

I didn't doubt the skill of the ness player, I actually acknowledged it.

Ganon doesn't have that much of a advantage on ness compared to sheik vs ness, which you should have known but I guess you didn't think about it.

Nine times out of ten, unless they main sheik, when someone resorts to sheik, they are on their last leg.

Thank you, come again

So says someone who truly knows nothing.

Calling me ignorant? Really now.

I didn't doubt the skill of the ness player, I actually acknowledged it.

Ganon doesn't have that much of a advantage on ness compared to sheik vs ness, which you should have known but I guess you didn't think about it.

Nine times out of ten, unless they main sheik, when someone resorts to sheik, they are on their last leg.

Thank you, come again
This has NOTHING to do with the Ness player :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: you ignorant buffoon.

Disregarding that second statement, considering my comments had nothing to do with Ness vs. Ganon/Sheik. It had to do simply with you saying using Sheik vs. Low Tier is "saying alot".

That's like saying, resorting to using Sheik against Gimpyfish AND winning is "saying alot", or using Sheik against KoreanDJ's Pichu is, "saying alot". Or playing Timmy's kirby.

Fact of the matter is, what you said was ignorant and wrong.

Thank you, come again.

(it's pretty sad you can't tell who I am already, by my posts.)

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
You really don't make sense, you aren't worth the time and effort.

I don't care who you are because judging by how you act and respond, you aren't any good.

Link226

Smash Ace
This has NOTHING to do with the Ness player :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: you ignorant buffoon.

Disregarding that second statement, considering my comments had nothing to do with Ness vs. Ganon/Sheik. It had to do simply with you saying using Sheik vs. Low Tier is "saying alot".

That's like saying, resorting to using Sheik against Gimpyfish AND winning is "saying alot", or using Sheik against KoreanDJ's Pichu is, "saying alot". Or playing Timmy's kirby.

Fact of the matter is, what you said was ignorant and wrong.

Thank you, come again.

(it's pretty sad you can't tell who I am already, by my posts.)
:laugh::laugh: As if you were someone so huge and important in this world, Bluedeath is actually really known around the marth section, with a sticky thread i believe. So tell me, i wanna know, who the hell are u?

You really don't make sense, you aren't worth the time and effort.

I don't care who you are because judging by how you act and respond, you aren't any good.
Or, I simply bested you, and you have no comeback.

You don't even main Ganon. I've seen your vids, and you ain't ****.

A pre-emptive: I'm under another name, if I told you who I actually was, I'd be banned. I am good.

As if you were someone so huge and important in this world, Bluedeath is actually really known around the marth section, with a sticky thread i believe. So tell me, i wanna know, who the hell are u?
Let's see here. Being known on Smashboards =/= good at Smash. Secondly, this isn't the Marth section. I can't tell you, I'd be banned.

I never said anywhere I was "huge and important", either. PRESUMPTIONS FTW!!!1

mood4food77

Smash Hero
by saying you are good completely defeats your chance of being good

ganon users must unite against him

XD

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Yeah his fair is annoying, it has a lot of priority. I had to fight a Ness at a tourney, I used Ganon, GOT two stocked :( This guy's ness wasn't even GOOD. I went Sheik and won, but still. It was annoying having to switch chars, for a ****ing Ness (who wasn't EVEN good).
What do you mean by "not good"? Was he technically bad? Or was he highly predictable? In either case, if he is really bad, you should be able to take him out with Ganon. Unless he's your area's equivalent of me, where I've beaten Ganons with my Zelda and GW that are much better players than any Fox I've ever beaten.... In which case, he isn't bad, just particularly good against Ganon..

Little Greg

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean by "not good"? Was he technically bad? Or was he highly predictable? In either case, if he is really bad, you should be able to take him out with Ganon. Unless he's your area's equivalent of me, where I've beaten Ganons with my Zelda and GW that are much better players than any Fox I've ever beaten.... In which case, he isn't bad, just particularly good against Ganon..
Well, I suppose it was good, I was simply mad is all. Granted, I still won and that's all that matters (it doesn't matter who you win with). He wasn't that tech, and just seemed to do fairs to often. I knew WHAT he was going to do, and everything. My Ganon was also off that day, (pre-emptive STFU with "no johns"). There are days when you just aren't playing up to par, everyone knows that to be true.

Regardless, I don't appreciate some ignorant ***** saying my Ganon sucks, when I've mained him almost all 2 years of me playing competitive melee. Then saying it's dishonorable to use Sheik. XFD

That's like saying it's dishonorable to win.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it is dishonorable for a ganon user to use sheik....

if you can figure a way around ness' fair, you win

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no

winning does not = dishonorable

a ganon user resorting to sheik is dishonorable

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Mood4food, don't waste your time on this idiot, hes just a new newbie who thinks hes all that/a troll.

Just ignore him to make our lives easier.

And before you snap back with useless trivial bull chris, show videos of yourself...if none exist, then shut up.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Why do this type of threads always turn out into huge arguments????
Mood4food usually knows what he is talking about, and thebluedeath, although sometimes arrogant is pretty wise(smash wise lol)
Just trust them and move on..... -_-

Redragon

Mood4food, don't waste your time on this idiot, hes just a new newbie who thinks hes all that/a troll.

Just ignore him to make our lives easier.

And before you snap back with useless trivial bull chris, show videos of yourself...if none exist, then shut up.
First and foremost, I never said I was "all that", simply that you were an ignornant douche, and that you continue to be one. And I'm no newbie to SSB OR Smashboards. I've been on the boards for nearly 2 years. ggpwned

You would ignore me, as you still have no rebuttal.

How about, you show me videos, oh wait you don't main Ganondorf, and you're Marth sucks anyway, I've seen your videos. Showing my videos = me banned, so no thx.

Reddragon, I agree about Mood, he knows his stuff, bluedeath on the other hand does not. But, you cannot agree with Mood saying Losing with Ganon > Winning with Sheik.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
You're calling me foolish but you have so many flaws in your statements.

"You don't main ganon, meaning you aren't good with him" is what you are getting at basicly, well you are wrong to think secondary characters aren't any good.

And please shut up about my marth, you keep putting me down but don't show any videos of yourself so quit being a little punk about it.

You came in here for the sole reason of starting an agruement for god knows what reason but you don't know jack crap.

Either put up or shut up

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Flame wars... typical forum problem... >_< Can't you guys stop teh fighting and talk about teh bobble head?

on topic: Fair or Dair may work good, or Nair.

You're calling me foolish but you have so many flaws in your statements.

"You don't main ganon, meaning you aren't good with him" is what you are getting at basicly, well you are wrong to think secondary characters aren't any good.

And please shut up about my marth, you keep putting me down but don't show any videos of yourself so quit being a little punk about it.

You came in here for the sole reason of starting an agruement for god knows what reason but you don't know jack crap.

Either put up or shut up
Flaws? I wasn't aware of any.

Let's see, you don't main Ganon, and I never said your secondaries weren't any good, the fact is NONE of your characters are good.

If I could put videos up, I most certainly would. I don't have the means of doing such things. Fact is, I can't put videos up, while you have, and they suck.

I came in here to argue? Nope. I simply call people out when they are wrong. I don't know jack, huh? That's why YOU have no valid points. It's true. XFD

Are you deaf or dumb? (Or both). Vids = B7

Put up (some good vids o wait thats impossible XD) or shut up (try sticking ur foot in ur mouth o wait u did dat already LOL).

See what I did there? I took your completely ORIGINAL statement "Put up or shut up" and made it more fitting to you. But really, I have NEVER heard that statement used before, definitely not in that way. Did you think that up all by yourself? I'm in awe. I've seriously never heard that used before. </sarcasm>

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I should have took my own advice and just ignored you.

You show no sense what so ever and have no regard for any reasonable means of discussion, you'd rather mouth off and piss people off so they bite back, well I'm done.

Good day to you, go be a troll somewhere else.

I should have took my own advice and just ignored you.

You show no sense what so ever and have no regard for any reasonable means of discussion, you'd rather mouth off and piss people off so they bite back, well I'm done.

Good day to you, go be a troll somewhere else.
I show plenty of sense. You choosing to ignore it does not make it less valid. KKKKKKKKK you're stupid for thinking that. Seriously, actually READ my posts. They make perfect sense. All you ever do is say "your wrong" "you have no sense", it's called lrn 2 read kthx nub.

And I'm not trolling. Simply pointing out how ignorant you are. Saying using Sheik is dishonorable. LOLOL

good day to you, and go somewhere to get good at smash (OMG I DID IT AGAIN, I took your completley new and exciting comment and fix'd it to fit u XD I WINZ)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i feel loved

anyways, just **** ness, do whatever you gotta do

please, no fighting allowed in ganon forums

daddy neptune

Smash Apprentice
Ok I'm 2 weeks late and only read a few posts and some of you cats are getting in some dumb arguments. Cut the mess and talk about that blasted bobble head. And I forgot to mention that I fought him in this crappy tourney 2 hours after I made my post.

Top Bottom