• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A big thanks to Boss

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
I mained Luigi in every game from 64-Brawl and had given up on him this game. His nerfed recovery, UpB, green missile, etc. turned me into a duck hunt main.

Seeing Boss play really made me rethink the new Luigi. He really has a lot less ending lag and great combos. Now luigi is definitely my secondary and i am excited to see new stuff for him (new stuff seems to be popping up everywhere for him)

Thank you boss, or else I would have just ignored Luigi and kept thinking he was bottom 3.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Must feel silly now calling him horrible in every post :p. Oh well, welcome back to the Luigi guild!

louie g

Smash Journeyman
I mained luigi before he was cool :yeahboi:

I loved the way he dealt with Seagull's sonic, just locked him down with weird, out of place jabs, to bait out shields and rolls. At one point he literally punches him in the face, walks away, then comes RIGHT back and grab combos him, such dirty stuff.

Kept sonic in a more defensive position.

Last edited:

S0 B00sted

Smash Cadet
Premium
I've been saying it since SSB For 3DS was released, Luigi is not terrible in this game. If anything he's more viable in this game than he was in Brawl.

Last edited:

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Im glad luigi is getting more notice now, but honestly it shouldnt have taken a great player to show it. Ever since I started messing with him and working on him with other player on the boards I knew he was a character people were sleeping on.

Roll-Spamming-Peasant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MontyRattata
That DI patch did wonders for his combo potential, before that switch from vectoring I'd say he was awkward, but that's just my opinion. I gotta say, watching Boss throw down with him inspired me to try again, pretty darn happy with the result!

BigBossJelly

Smash Rookie
NNID
64supermario
3DS FC
0387-8778-1783
I don't know who this Boss is but I want to fight him and show him that I am the true Boss Luigi main.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Boss is quite the player but in his 1v1 matches on smashville. I have noticed one certain detail, Boss keeps his distances as he normally should with luigi and that his grabs are his trump card.
Literally I have only seen Boss lose one match against someone which was Nario, who wouldn't let boss grab him. check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XbqFZH8JWs

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Boss is quite the player but in his 1v1 matches on smashville. I have noticed one certain detail, Boss keeps his distances as he normally should with luigi and that his grabs are his trump card.
Literally I have only seen Boss lose one match against someone which was Nario, who wouldn't let boss grab him. check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XbqFZH8JWs
He did lose against Junebug [Lucario] and Sheik [Neo] too. Both are heavy projectile characters though, no surprise. He lost to a Bowser too actually somewhere. Boss is amazing, but the competition has gotten very tough over the last while at Sax.

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
He did lose against Junebug [Lucario] and Sheik [Neo] too. Both are heavy projectile characters though, no surprise. He lost to a Bowser too actually somewhere. Boss is amazing, but the competition has gotten very tough over the last while at Sax.
boss was way better than everyone else at one point because he mastered luigi so quickly. luigi will still get shut down by projectiles though and it's not boss's fault.

Top Bottom