• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Beginner's Guide to Playing Toon Link

Picitt

Smash Apprentice
Hello,

I just wrote up the start of a Toon Link guide and would like to share it with everyone and maybe get some input on it. It is over at:

http://ssbbboards.com/toon-link/beginner-toon-link-guide/

Any feedback or additions would be appreciated and credited. Thanks

Also, the forum is owned by a buddy of mine and I know its a bunch of noobs right now but a few of us are trying to start a decent competitive smash forum so consider joining. Thanks

ZDAN

Smash Cadet
There's some good info here, what with the percentages and all.
The grammar is a little awkward in places, but I guess that doesn't really matter.

Picitt

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the input, I will look over the grammar a bit later. Is there anything else to add other than match ups and stages?

Picitt

Smash Apprentice
I am working on adding some match up info. Some will be up later today and the rest will be as soon as I can test them. If anyone has any matchup observations please PM me. Thanks.

KangKyu

Smash Apprentice
It's a pretty informative guide! Especially the %'s!
You should also put some techniques, or advanced/starting combo's along with videos if your planning to continue the guide!

Picitt

Smash Apprentice
I did put in a couple sample combos and I will try to add more but it is important to realize that most if not all combos are escapable and your followups need to take into account DI.

nonamedn00b

Smash Cadet
I liked the guide and the boards so I joined!
The guide helped me come up with a few new strategies!
My name on those boards is Bleps

Picitt

Smash Apprentice
I liked the guide and the boards so I joined!
The guide helped me come up with a few new strategies!
My name on those boards is Bleps
Thanks for joining. I hope you will make some great posts there in the future and I am glad the guide helped you a bit.

I have been playing a few matches online and I will be trying to include my finding as well as those from the videos I have watched. I may even try to include some of my own videos although I am not too great at the moment.

I have a lot to add tonight but once again I could reallly use input from other players especially some of the better ones.

Also please feel free to add me and PM your AIM and FC. Thanks

Picitt

Smash Apprentice
I just added a Marth Match-up analysis but I will add to it later as it is based off only a few games. I got beaten pretty bad but my play wasn't great so as usually I would love to get other peoples experiences to mix in.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Great guide! I learned a thing or two (main one being to stop spamming Link's Bair ;) ).

I can't wait for you to post the match-ups either, it should be an informative read. TY for the guide. :)

Picitt

Smash Apprentice
I am happy to hear that it helps some people but remember that I am not a great player so anything I say is just from the limited games I have played. I am posting matchups as I play enough games to gain some insight so it may take a while. I will do Ike later and Kirby and MetaKnight soon as well. Thanks for reading

Picitt

Smash Apprentice
I just added a Ike matchup analysis and if anyone has any requests for matchups I will be happy to test them out because if I just do it randomly it may take a while to reach the character people are having trouble with.

Top Bottom