• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A AwesomeNESS Video Guide!

Bartolon

Smash Lord
The exams are almost over and I thought about some things..
I thought about making a sort of "help guide" for other ness users and people who like to use ness.

What's gonna be in this?

- How to DAS and which arials are the most useful for this
- The different uses of PK fire and follow-ups
- PKT shenanigans
- Gimping
- Recover options
- Uses of PSI magnet (NO EAGLE not too much stuff about it xD)
- Ground game
- Showing some "combo's "
- Ledge options
- PK flash usage...
- Advanced tactics

I will start with this video guide after my exams, and I will upload the guide to my channel ofcourse! ^__^

It will come in parts, my goal is to have one part up each week so yeah.. =D

If you guys have anything to add, tell me!
And what do you guys think of this idea?

Yink change the title into "The AwesomeNESS video guide" please =DD

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
don't forget about PKFlash Combos.... uncharged Pkflash > nair/uair is near guaranteed for most characters unless properly DI'd....

AND WHY NOT MILLIONS OF THINGS ON MAGNET?!?!?!? IT NEEDS THE DEPTH!!

EDIT: Call me 3G4L, 34GL3, EAGLE, or ADLER.... no deviations... i don't like EAGLEYE anymore, but i can't change it on this site.

EDIT2: also, put the psi magnet wavebounce thing as a part of recovery options. it baits people in, you move out of the way to avoid an attack, then you can DJ to something if you do it properly...

EDIT3: I'm looking forward to it... And can I help?!?!? (I can't edit for **** though, but i can help over wifi for anything that involves 2 people... only after the 27th and before the 4th of june though.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Wow Bart this sounds like a great idea. You have my full support. :D

Bartolon

Smash Lord
don't forget about PKFlash Combos.... uncharged Pkflash > nair/uair is near guaranteed for most characters unless properly DI'd....

AND WHY NOT MILLIONS OF THINGS ON MAGNET?!?!?!? IT NEEDS THE DEPTH!!

EDIT: Call me 3G4L, 34GL3, EAGLE, or ADLER.... no deviations... i don't like EAGLEYE anymore, but i can't change it on this site.

EDIT2: also, put the psi magnet wavebounce thing as a part of recovery options. it baits people in, you move out of the way to avoid an attack, then you can DJ to something if you do it properly...

EDIT3: I'm looking forward to it... And can I help?!?!? (I can't edit for **** though, but i can help over wifi for anything that involves 2 people... only after the 27th and before the 4th of june though.
I was already planning to add some things with the psi magnet by recovery options because I use it often when I am recovering in multiple ways ^^

Nah, you don't have to help! My friend lives near me and he also plays brawl and I come there once in a while and he comes here alot, so he can help me with this stuff! Thanks for asking though! ^_^

Wow Bart this sounds like a great idea. You have my full support. :D
Thank you Yink =)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I support this idea and I wish you the best of luck in making quality videos. It'll be hard work, so don't feel pressured to get them out too fast.

Edit: Proxy, oh you.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Well sure as long as you specifically tell me what you want on it / them?

Nothing insane please haha (when I say insane I mean it has 30 parts to it, you know).

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if this counts as ledge options or gimping, but I was thinking of edge hogging and guarding. Because Ness can put himself in danger when keeping opponents away from the edge, I believe some fear jumping out and dealing with their opponents, which would help them out with something such as gimping. After playing ViceGrip's Ness and Simna's brother's Ness, they showed me the importance of edge guarding.

Shaky

Smash Ace
EB360 has videos uploaded of everything you would want to know about PK Fire.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
It seems I am a little tight on money atm, with the tourneys included and stuff.
So I'll prolly start on this guide later than planned =/

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Sucks, will this be happening anytime soon? I always like reading (or watching in this case :p) guides and incorporating new things into my playstyle. And it never hurts to review the basics from time to time. :)

And a lot of old Ness videos that showed EB360's/Ref's various ATs in EB360's PK Cross guide have been taken down, it's quite a shame. :/

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Uhm atm I passed my exam and I am getting some new stuff from my brothers and parents.
So I'll try to get a dazzle so I can start with this =)

Jelley

Smash Cadet
If you need help I can help you with the recording because I have a Dazzle. I wouldn't really be able to explain anything for the guides, so you could just tell me what words to input.

And I just remembered that I don't know that many Ness At's, and probably couldn't do any right away.

Um... maybe you could send replays of the gameplay showing what ever you want to show

1) you show what you need to show and send the replay

2) I record it

3) tell me what to say to explain, and when to say what

or I send the recording to you and you explain everything yourself

4) Post it

I have a Youtube channel to post the videos if you don't have an account.

But if you have a dazzle by now or something then disregard this WHOLE post lol

Top Bottom