• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

99 songs of the Revolution, Volume 1

trumpet210

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=3190]99 songs of the Revolution, Volume 1[/drupal]

Any other Streetlight Manifesto fans out there have an opinion on their new album? I definitely love the stuff that they've been able to do, especially the postal service cover. A lot of people have been criticizing it for being all covers, but I disagree. What Kalnoky is trying to do is to basically tip his hat to all the bands that have influenced his music, and I think this album does a great job of doing so even if it's different from their usual stuff.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I'm a long time Streetlight fan. Seen them live eight times - I luckily live about 20 minutes from their home town. In fact, James Egan (their first trumpet player, recorded much of the horn section in the first album) left the band because he is the marching band director of a neighboring high school.

Anyway, I think 99SOTR is pretty good. There are several songs (Hell, Such Great Heights, They Provide the Paint, Linoleum) that I feel are really good, but the rest are just okay. I think its fine to do a cover album, but coupled with the Keasbey Nights redo, I understand why people are a little frustrated by it. Personally, I want more originals. Their first album is still the best in my opinion... it's just written so much better.

With that said, Streetlight does incredible covers, and the album is a great listen.

L__

Smash Master
I've been a Streetlight fan for around two years... I liked the covers and I thought the album was a good/great listen.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
ive first heard oldschool catch22 when i was about 7 years old. i also met matt stewart once. cool dude lol

i havent heard the whole album yet but i dont like skyscraper and linoleum as ska songs. bad religion and nofx did them better imo.

Top Bottom